Social app

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

DjShaggy

Social app

Post by DjShaggy »

So as anyone on Instagram (who doesn’t have their eyes closed and their fingers in their ears) will have seen there’s a new player on the social media scene. The app is called social and I’m hearing that it has to do with berner (the gsc Guy) and that weed related posts will not be taken down.

Anyone checked it out? Seems to require permission to do a lot, but then don’t all of these apps?

ignoring spellcheck since 1986
RoMoney

Re: Social app

Post by RoMoney »

I've seen it plastered all over Instagram. I just find it hard to believe they will let vendors have at it and sell cannabis openly on an app, that's what Instagram were clamping down on for the most part.

The permissions piece seems to be an ongoing concern with lots of apps. I'm not moving for the moment.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

RoMoney wrote: Fri 19th Jul 2019 02:25 pm I've seen it plastered all over Instagram. I just find it hard to believe they will let vendors have at it and sell cannabis openly on an app, that's what Instagram were clamping down on for the most part.

The permissions piece seems to be an ongoing concern with lots of apps. I'm not moving for the moment.
I don’t think the idea is to sell, more to be allowed to display what your smoking. I’ve been on the gram for nearly 3 years, and only ever had 2 posts removed. Never been banned or anything... I’ll stay put for now.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
AgripinaEmano

Post by AgripinaEmano »

I have noticed several images on Instagram where people marketed their CBD products. Yes, it could be a possibility that they have removed some posts in the past but I don't think it is happening right now. See this image: