Your 3 Favourite Coffeeshops

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Vote for your 3 favourites

Abraxas
1%
Abraxas Too (Chocolata)
0%
Amnesia
3%
Anyday
1%
Het Ballonnetje
2%
Barney's Coffeeshop
3%
Barney's Lounge
1%
Basjoe
0%
Betty Boop
1%
Bij
1%
Bluebird
2%
Boerejongens
3%
Central
0%
Dampkring
4%
Dampkring 2 (Pink Floyd)
2%
Dolphins
1%
Graal
3%
Green Place
4%
Greenhouse Centrum
1%
Greenhouse Effect
1%
Greenhouse Lounge (Blue Velvet)
1%
Greenhouse Namaste
1%
Greenhouse Tolstraat
0%
Grey Area
8%
Hill Street at the Market
1%
Hill Street Blues
1%
Homegrown Fantasy
1%
1e Hulp
6%
Hunters 24
0%
Hunters 37 (Coin)
0%
Kadinsky
1%
Kadinsky (Cum Laude)
0%
Kadinsky (Front Page)
0%
Katsu
3%
420/de Kuil
4%
Club Media
3%
Mellow Yellow
1%
The Noon
0%
Paradox
5%
Picasso
0%
Prix D'Ami
1%
Resin
0%
Rookies
1%
Rusland
1%
Siberie
2%
La Tertulia
1%
Tweede Kamer
2%
Utopia
8%
Voyagers
15%
Yo-Yo
1%

Total votes: 1262

Mjhowy

Re: Your 3 Favourite Coffeeshops

Post by Mjhowy »

Coffeeshop the Stud
Coffeeshop Trefpunt
Coffeeshop Bluebirds

RedGecko58

Post by RedGecko58 »

Dampkring - Decor / Hashish / Nostalgia
Katsu - Chilled outdoor smoking area - besides Albert Cyup
Sibirie - Good Quality outdoor!
Rafiki

Post by Rafiki »

Last edited by Rafiki on Mon 9th Sep 2019 12:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

It's been a long time since I did this one,probably under a slightly different nick. And, frankly, things change so fast that it would make sense to do one for each trip. So for now:

Solo: relatively recent discovery for me, and have only visited three times, all excellent. Fair prices for smoke and drinks, knowledgeable budtenders, good ambience for smoking, varied and decent music, spacious toilet, air conditioning, tasters for 5€. What more do you want?

1e Hulp: OK, the renovation took away some of the charm, but at least you can count on power points if you need to recharge your device, and the cat is still there. Menu variable, and I've seen it better, but still guaranteed to have several things I enjoy.

Perhaps it's a sign of my relationship with the city that I can't find a standout candidate for third spot. Siberië might just get it, because they generally have something decent on the hash front, and the atmosphere is good. And, if you care and I do, they do a nice hot chocolate and cream with coffee. But on two occasions I've been sold something that wasn't as described, and was frankly crap, which would normally put me off a place for good. Katsu would also be a runner, but I haven't been there in a year or so.
Essexturk420

Post by Essexturk420 »

Top 3 but not in order as its near impossible to say

Spirt : i like the vibe and the style of the coffeshop with the smoking room at the back and the staff are friendly

Coffeeshop amsterdam : i like this place as i like the variety of weeds and i like the milkshake in this places too lol , so time it can get to busy in there so you have caught it at the right time

The plug : i enjoy the environment and there weed menu too they have a good variety too , you aint just got get the cali out of there as the dutch weed menu is just as good , but super there cali blows my mind like there runtz and sherblato

But i couldnt resist in adding how much i like green house too , as i think they always have some proper dank and hash too
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

well I haven't done this thread for a good few years, but going off of my last visit in March 2019, my top 3 would be :

1. Solo - quality was best in town then and definitely one the best shops up the top end of town.
2. Funky Monkey - normally I would go with 1eHulp but after the renovations etc, the vibe is not the same(and I rate this shop).So I felt like a change and this place grew on me for the friendliness, good service on the bud and drink front and I liked the view out of the window over the canal.
3. Coffeeshop 137 - A great relaxed friendly shop, where I can spend a good few hours chilling out reading a book/chatting while getting blazed up also.

This will most probably change again in the next few weeks when I am in town again, as it seems to change quite regular every time I/we visit, used to have my go to shops every visit but now even they are hit and miss, what with ownership changes and staff changes etc, but there is still quality in town, lets see if these 3 shops are still in my top 3 after my next trip. :mrgreen: :D 8)
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Rabambuli

Post by Rabambuli »

my favourites are changing with each trip but right now I have a strong top 3 compiled.

1. Het Ballonetje
You will always find something with good quality in here. Super Orange Glue was great even with a few months in between trips.

2. Mr.K and Co
Batches do vary quite a lot at times, but usually theres at least a few very good choices. Loved their Double dipped rosin joint. The athmosphere is what makes this coffeeshop so good. In a residential area a bit outside of the touristy city centre. Really chill surroundings.

3. Grey Area
Found some absolute rare gems in there like, Sorbet, Melonade #4 and others. Can be crowded but I usually go there as soon as they are open.
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Currently:

1. Solo
2. Het b
3. Easy times
4.la grotte (not a coffee shop but a great place for a beer, some food and a spot to smoke your wares)
Flemish

Post by Flemish »

Coffeeshops with outside seating on canals or windows on canals:
Bagheera - Solo - La Tertulia - 137 - Massawa - Culture Boat
And buy and fly at others
Last edited by Flemish on Sat 28th Nov 2020 03:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Currently:

1. Solo
2. Bagheera
3. Mr. K & Co
smokseyj

Post by smokseyj »

My top 3, from my trip in July - just based off of best bud as the Covid rules and Sunny weather had me buy n' flying the majority of the time.

Solo
Het
Grey Area

Other shops may have had the odd batch that was of a higher level, but Everything from the shops above was consistently good. The service was also top notch in all.
brufy

Post by brufy »

Coffeeshop Amsterdam
Amnesia
Barney’s

I remember stumbling across CS Pink Floyd by accident in the 90s and as I walked through the door, Shine On You Crazy Diamond started playing. Epic moment.

(I share a birthday with Syd Barrett, but that’s just a coincidence)
Over four years on ACD and none the wiser…
brianalfaro

Post by brianalfaro »

Barney's Coffeeshop
Barney's Lounge
Bluebird
gratakate

Post by gratakate »

This is so interesting
Werwolf121