Solo trip, live report August 2021

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
ZBeebs

Re: Solo trip, live report August 2021

Post by ZBeebs »

I also think that I have smoked so much that my tolerance is through the roof. I'm walking around smoking 1 gram pure joints with hash in them, barely feel a thing. My throat is sore from so much smoking. (Not Corona, negative test 3 hours ago.)

Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Was great reading your adventures man looking forward to the rest, get u about the strength of the weed do, lots of mid grade in coffeeshops
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Really enjoyed this, seems like you had a great time :mrgreen: thanks for sharing
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

ZBeebs wrote: Mon 23rd Aug 2021 04:29 pm I also think that I have smoked so much that my tolerance is through the roof. I'm walking around smoking 1 gram pure joints with hash in them, barely feel a thing. My throat is sore from so much smoking. (Not Corona, negative test 3 hours ago.)
Sounds like you had a great time, thanks for sharing :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Thanks for sharing your experience dude, seems like a really good trip! 😁👍😁
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Hope you had a great time man, and fair play to you smoking the 1 g pure joints with hash in them I would love too but physically couldn't, enjoyed reading your report 👍
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Quick update...

Ended up pretty sick towards the end of the trip. Full on cold symptoms. Was worried they would stop me from boarding the flight due to coughing and runny nose. I was lucky I was flying business class, was able to lay flat and blow my nose and no one could see. If I was in economy I'm sure it would have been a problem.

Tested again at home, negative for Corona so that's good. Still not feeling well.

Going to update at some point with the rest of my smoke list. Some things I did, some things I wish I had time for...
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sun 22nd Aug 2021 02:18 pm Great live thread dude, went for the tangie hash and weed at GA, weed smells fire and hash is pretty strong, but not as strong as aome of the other at that price. Good smoke though, looking forward to the weed... Currently seated at the black dog, will probably be here until 18.30ish, so if ya wanna have a quick tandt you're welcome to join. Otherwise, have fun out west 😁
Well shit I didn't see this until now. I would have made it happen. Maybe it's better I didn't, I might have given you a cold.
courtjester

Post by courtjester »

That's it. I'm going to look at flights.

Thanks for the report, friend. Excellent.
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Thought I'd add the rest of my smoke list, maybe some other thoughts...

Where did I leave off?

I think it's getting late on Sunday evening, and my flight is at 9:15 on Tuesday morning.

I went to the Greenhouse near the RLD, looking for lemon haze cream. They were out, but thought they might restock before they close. Ended up grabbing a half gram of green crack and a half gram of girl scout cookies, was 15e.

I have GSC at home, I prefer my own. But this wasn't a bad representation either. The green crack I enjoyed, as it's something I used to have at home, and it compared well to my memories.

I hate waking up and having no weed, so I headed over to De Kroon. They "close" at midnight, but you can buy and fly until 1am... I saw a couple other places doing this as well. I got a half gram each of mandarin OG and Violator kush, paid 15.50

At this point, I was not feeling great. So, anything I smoked basically sent me coughing. I can't really speak to flavor, or any of that. I rolled a joint with everything I had in the room - the mandarin OG and Violator Kush from De Kroon, the rest of the hash I got from borenjongens, and whatever bits and pieces I had left, as I tend to leave a small bits of everything I buy for a last day joint. This was a really big cone lol. I walked around the Dam Square area, as that's close to where I was staying, probably coughing a little too much... I always cough when I smoke hash, and being sick made it worse...noticed a few people looking at me kinda funny, I would show them the joint... Did a little shopping, things for the wife and whatnot, and headed over to Borenjongens again for some space cake before the flight. it was 10e which was pricey, and on the box it says there is .33 grams of weed in it. Was disappointed really, as that's not much as Paradox for example claims to have .5 in each, for less. But hey, they put it in a fancy box...

I wandered around most of the afternoon, and happened to be near the Bushdoctor. This is not the one I remember, I don't think I have ever been there before. I expected the menu to be 2 gram deals, and I was going to walk away. I asked them if they were affiliated with the other Bushdocter that I remembered, and they said no. I ended up getting a gram of Gorilla Glue. 15e, a little pricey IMO. A common strain here in the USA, and this tasted like I expected but didn't really have the effects. I got a gram in Las Vegas at a dispensary that knocked me on my ass - this did not, and was more of a mild indica. I smoked bowls of this throughout the day, not smoking as much as I had been up to this point, my throat just couldn't take it.

Since I had already smoked all the last bits earlier in the day, I didn't have a "last smoke" ready for just before the airport. So, I went to Balou where I remember seeing they had "The Hulk" joints for 18.5. They are supposedly cali bud with hash oil and kief.

I ended up asking the budtender about them, and since I was the only one in the shop we ended up talking for a good 10 or 15 minutes about all kinds of stuff, including our experiences mixing edibles and alcohol lmao... anyway, he told me that not only are they really strong, but he couldn't believe how smooth they were. So, sold. I bought one for the early morning.

Went to one of the smaller street markets, I forget which one...Got myself a pork belly sandwich and a griddled ham and mustard sandwich, both were excellent.

Walked and walked, it was a nice day and I just wanted to see everything, one last time before I had to leave...

Ended up near Basjoe. I wasn't a fan of this place the way some people on here used to be - I thought the weed and the ambiance kind of sucked. Not saying the new place is better, but I tried the Vanilla Kush (15e) and thought it was a good representation. Maybe I'm giving them some extra credit - as I was standing in line, I was smoking a bowl of the gorilla glue I got earlier and started coughing - I walked outside and almost right away the budtender brought me a glass of water - pretty cool gesture.

That's the last of my smoke list, but I know I bought more, I just forgot to add it to my notes. I got something at Green Place just before they closed, and rolled that with the last of the vanilla kush and smoked a joint in front of the hotel before going to bed, having to wake up at 5am for my flight.

Did I mention I bought a silicone bong with me for use on the balcony? I didn't use it nearly as much as I thought I would. It was nice to have it though, but I won't spend on something like that next time - a plastic bong or a cheaper glass piece from a shop in the Dam will be fine. Hopefully covid will be a thing of the past soon and I'll be able to just use the house bongs again... but now that I've typed that, it doesn't seem like a great idea. I had intended to carry my backpack with the bong around from shop to shop, but never even tried - decided on day one, after arriving at Central before 9am and having to carry it before I could check in at 2pm that I did NOT want to carry it around all week.

That last night, I put it in a shopping bag and looked to give it away to someone on the Damrak. Well, that wasn't easy LOL. I approached groups of younger people, showed it to them offering it for free and got some very strong rejections. Who would have thought it would be so hard to give away a $60 bong in Amsterdam?! Eventually someone getting food near the hotel saw what I was up to and approached me. I was glad I didn't have to throw it away.
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Now it's the last morning. It's not even 6am. I'm tired.

Normally, I just head to Centraal station and take a train to Schiphol. Between being tired and not feeling well, I called an Uber. Can't get picked up right on the Damrak I guess, so I rolled my luggage across the street and waited in front of The Grasshopper, which honestly is not a bad view at 6am. I pulled out The Hulk joint I got at Balou.

This was actually the first pre-roll I have ever bought.

It was rolled much better than anything I am capable of. Covered completely and evenly in what looked like kief.

It burned perfectly, and as the budtender said - was smooth as hell. Even though I had a sore throat, I barely coughed.

This should have gotten me really stoned, ready for my long flight home. It did not. I was very unimpressed.

I got to the airport, checked my bag, and before heading through security I ate the brownie from Borenjongens. It was delicious. Probably the tastiest edible I have ever had.

I have lounge access, so since I had a few hours to kill I headed there for some breakfast. They had omelets, fruit, etc... and I can't pass up free food so I loaded up a plate.

They also have free unlimited self-serve Heineken, and I don't know why, but for some reason I enjoy a beer twice as much when I have poured it myself from a tap. Coming to the lounge for a couple drinks always lessens the pain of heading home. Spent about 90 minutes here, having a couple beers, eating breakfast, waiting for the brownie to kick in, maybe hoping the alcohol would potentiate it... no such luck. .33 grams is just not enough to have any effect on me.

Boarded, and as I may have said earlier, fearful they would stop me from flying because they heard me cough, even though I had a negative covid test... obviously not a problem now that I'm home.

Overall, I had a great trip, and after postponing it multiple times due to covid I had really high expectations.

One of my favorite bars, Cafe Verhoeff, is no longer there. I was stunned to see this. I was looking forward to sitting in the window, watching the people go by, while drinking a Brugse Zot or two or three. Instead, I found what I think is the last place with Brugse Zot... Cafe Oporto, which I wasn't a fan of at first but it grew on my by the end of my trip. They are only open until 10pm, and the first time I went was later in the day... and the bartender was really drunk. But I went back a few times, he was in better shape the next day, and I ended up drinking quite a few beers there on multiple occasions. Not the greatest view out the window, but that's one of my all time favorite beers, and except for in bottles I didn't see it anywhere else. I used to see it all over, but not anymore I guess.

Amsterdam is "different" without all the tourists. I'm not saying better, or worse, just different. I remember, especially during the weekdays, walking down streets and hearing nothing but the sounds of bicycles and the clinking of coffee cups and plates from all the cafes, and I cannot explain how much I enjoyed those moments. No voices, just the background noise of things happening. I found it calming and wish I had a recording of it to play back now.

Places that would ordinarily be packed with people weren't. It was wild to be in Dam Square and almost feel like you had it to yourself.

But on the other side, I missed the nightlife. I'd rather be out until 6am and sleep until 2pm, but this visit the city really did pretty much shut down every night at midnight, with a few exceptions. Every night as it started getting dark, I could feel the impending pressure to get in whatever fun I could before the buzzer. I missed the hectic energy of a city packed with tourists.

Did I mention I went to the zoo? Maybe I did. Was worth the visit. Every trip I have thought about eating a box of truffles and heading to the zoo, glad I didn't. It was mostly families with young kids, and I wouldn't want to potentially cause a disturbance just by being "weird"

I have some regrets. There were coffeeshops I wanted to visit, but didn't. So many restaurants I wanted to try, but didn't. I wanted to take a boat ride, didn't. I forgot to reserve museum tickets before it was too late.

I was lucky to squeeze this trip in. New restrictions since just a few days ago would now make it impossible. Can't visit for 8 days when at least 5 will be under quarantine... but that said, the regrets are OK because it's just motivation to come back again, hopefully soon.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Great write up ZBeebs. I'm sooo glad you finally got to make it over there. With all the boots on the ground the last couple of weeks, I was looking forward to hitting up some of the coffeeshops you guys had mentioned. I guess I'll have to wait a few more months before heading over since my October trip was canceled again. :evil:
Thanks again for taking the time and writing about your adventures. Loved every minute of it. :thumbup: :clap:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Great read man, you covered a lot of ground and smoked a lot of weed yet you still say there are places you didn't get to, I'm the same, never even made it near parts of the city that I had big plans to go to, same every time, guess that's what keeps us coming back. Enjoyed the report a lot and it certainly got my excitement flowing for my own trip thanks buddy 👍
Mike93

Post by Mike93 »

Thanks Zbeebs - awesome report! You managed to get through alot :mrgreen:

Stilll remember your first grow diary back in the day when you smashed it!

Hope all good