What Apartment web sites do you use?

Accommodation related topics.
Ghost

What Apartment web sites do you use?

Post by Ghost »

Well I have noticed over the years that the apartment choice and web sites are either really expensive or are just not around or availability is limited.
I used to have around 6 to 8 apartments that I could use with no problems and the price for a week was reasonable, now these apartments are not really available anymore or extremely expensive.

I used to have contact numbers for people that had numerous apartments and rooms for rent, but they have now moved on and times have a changed, so I was wondering what web sites or places do you use to book your places to stay?

The last few years I have been using Amsterdam Short Stay and Booking.com for hotels and cannabis friendly apartments.

Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
matty223

Re: What Apartment web sites do you use?

Post by matty223 »

There are many sites, Amsterdamstay, booking.com. Airbnb, city mundo, list goes on and on

Matty
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

matty223 wrote: Sun 13th Oct 2019 03:53 pm There are many sites, Amsterdamstay, booking.com. Airbnb, city mundo, list goes on and on

Matty
Yeah cheers Matty, there are a fair few, I only use a few sites nowadays, but was wondering if other people had certain sites they used most of the time. :D
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Ghost wrote: Mon 14th Oct 2019 02:21 pm
matty223 wrote: Sun 13th Oct 2019 03:53 pm There are many sites, Amsterdamstay, booking.com. Airbnb, city mundo, list goes on and on

Matty
Yeah cheers Matty, there are a fair few, I only use a few sites nowadays, but was wondering if other people had certain sites they used most of the time. :D

Here's a couple more....www.simplyAmsterdam.nl, www.AmsterdamApartments.com, www.amsterdamescape.com/

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AzLaker wrote: Mon 14th Oct 2019 11:13 pm
Ghost wrote: Mon 14th Oct 2019 02:21 pm

Matty

Here's a couple more....www.simplyAmsterdam.nl, www.AmsterdamApartments.com, www.amsterdamescape.com/

AzLaker
8)
Nice 1 AzLaker, I haven't seen the simply site before, so will go have a look at that one. The other 2 sites I have used myself in the past for apartments for trips. :D
DanFromUk

Post by DanFromUk »

Direct with the hotel sometimes better than using booking.com etc, That's what I did with Hotel Dianne. All my 50 odd visits I have never had an apartment :(
Hunting for crystals
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

DanFromUk wrote: Tue 15th Oct 2019 08:38 pm Direct with the hotel sometimes better than using booking.com etc, That's what I did with Hotel Dianne. All my 50 odd visits I have never had an apartment :(
One day soon we will book up for a big old blow out and have an apartment also mate. Yeah direct with certain hotels or apartments works really well also and can be cheaper on the pocket also.
MPlant

Post by MPlant »

The last couple of times I went, I just booked directly with the hotel. I've booked again with the same hotel for my next trip. I think they guarantee the price is lower than on secondary booking sites. I was 485 euros for 7 nights, so less than 70 euros a night on average, which I think is about as good you'll get for a room with private facilities.

It's a smoker friendly hotel and a lot of the rooms have balconies, so suits me fine. Breakfast is included and they do a decent spread. There's also a big AH under the hotel which is well handy for stocking up on stuff for the room. It's only a 1 star, but it's clean and the staff are nice.

Only downside for some is that it's not in Centrum. It's Hotel Abba, near the top of Overtoom. It's only about 10 minutes walk to Leidseplein and about 25 mins to Dam Square. It's really not far if you don't mind walking.

I've stayed in a mix of hotels in Ams, from the 5 star Okura to the 1 star Botel, but I think I've now found my go-to hotel for future trips.

Good luck with your search, hope you find what you're looking for.
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

Bulldog Hotel

Anyone stayed here thinking of using it in a few weeks for a short stay with my partner, slight change of plans due to Dutch lockdown curfew
brufy

Post by brufy »

Worsall wrote: Fri 26th Nov 2021 10:26 pm Bulldog Hotel

Anyone stayed here thinking of using it in a few weeks for a short stay with my partner, slight change of plans due to Dutch lockdown curfew
Stayed there a couple of times and would happily return. Late opening schmoke friendly bar and bang in the centre of RLD.
Over four years on ACD and none the wiser…
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

Thanks we don’t want to share a room but it looks like they offer private rooms as well albeit a bit more pricey.

Was it clean and the short of place you would take your girlfriend if you know what I mean.

The bar area looks like it could be open until midnight but sounds like bring your own drinks and food after 17:00 due to curfew but could maybe suffer that.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Yeah, we stayed at the bulldog a few times IIRC every time was in private room. For a place that is relatively smokers friendly, meaning you can smoke at the bar that's usually open to late hours, it's more or less as fancy as you'll find. Unless you are going for an apartment via air bnb or one of the smokers friendly ones Lemming et al usually links to, bulldog to my knowledge is the "nicest" of the hostel / hotels where you can still smoke.
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Oh, and bring you own food to eat at the bar, is a major bonus, tons of decent to good take away in the area which deffo beats bar / Cafe food...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

Thanks it’s a bit different as NL is in semi lockdown. So this looks our best bet as the lounge is still open to guest after the 17:00 curfew. So even more or a bonus is not only bring your own food but also drink!

We looked at B&B where you could smoke but 17:00 to bedtime is a long time in the room even if it is bigger.
codejd

Post by codejd »

Looks like citymundo is gone. Bummer.

Anyone ever use casamundo?
Donkey smell.