Risky Business

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Risky Business

I like Risky Business
No votes
I don't like Risky Business
No votes

Total votes: 0

MasterOfMuppets

Risky Business

Post by MasterOfMuppets »

ACD Page: Risky Business

Greetings from Finland!
I'll be staying near this CS in july and was wondering if someone knows something about this place? Is it worth visiting?
I'm looking for a place to buy weed/hash for the first evening in town and as RiskyBusiness is near the hotel I would avoid going to the centre of town just for weed the first night.
I've also considered about the option of getting off at central station->buy weed->head back to Sloterdijk station,but I'll have a whole day of traveling behind me before reaching to A'dam so the quickest/easiest way of getting stash before chilling at the hotel would be nice.

Fat_old_dwarf

Re: Risky Business

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Depends on where you're arriving from, really, along with how late it is and what you want. Assuming you get into Sloterdijk in the early evening and are in the mood, you can take the 12 tram to Katsu or various points on the way for quite a few coffeeshops with decent atmosphere, reasonable choice and a drink. If you just want a quick B&F, Risky Business is probably OK for basic Moroccan hash - haven't tried it myself, but most of the shops in that area are local shops for local people, basic and smokable gear but not a great deal of choice.
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

MasterOfMuppets wrote: Wed 8th Feb 2017 08:12 pm Greetings from Finland!

I'll be staying near this CS in july and was wondering if someone knows something about this place? Is it worth visiting?

I'm looking for a place to buy weed/hash for the first evening in town and as RiskyBusiness is near the hotel I would avoid going to the centre of town just for weed the first night.

I've also considered about the option of getting off at central station->buy weed->head back to Sloterdijk station,but I'll have a whole day of traveling behind me before reaching to A'dam so the quickest/easiest way of getting stash before chilling at the hotel would be nice.
Map

The Dwarf's comment re: time of arrival is important. If you get in early, there are several possibilities; if late, not so many!!

You're out a ways so convenience and ease should be important for the first night. You want to establish home base! Any time constraints, I'd take a shot at Risky Business, but it looks like "Buy & Fly!"

You do edibles? Your hotel is smoker friendly?

You already have it, but here's what info is available on ACD

FBN would sure like a menu shot!!
MasterOfMuppets

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll be arriving around 5pm and staying at the Hotel2stay,so not sure about the smokerfriendliness... Last year I stayed at the IronHorse on Overtoom,no one there complained on smoking joints in the smoking area between the hotelbuildings. I've read somewhere that hotel2stay has a roofterrace,so maybe its cool to light it up there? I'm not looking to getting "high as fuck" cos I'm on my "second honeymoon" with the mrs. Just a few smokes to get my groove on, if you know what I mean :wink:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

A non-smoking partner is another variable. The 12 tram route to Katsu should be your friend, as along the way are all sorts of attractions for a couple looking for recreational rapport: apart from the coffeeshops, you've got the Foodhallen, any number of restaurants and bars, posh shopping street, cheap and cheerful market, museums and concert hall, even a park for weather optimists. YoYo coffeeshop in de Pijp is a favourite with non-smokers, because it's more like a neighbourhood café than a den of iniquity, and if non-smokers do feel adventurous enough to sample something light, its outdoor weed is ideal for the purpose.
MasterOfMuppets

What about The Loft? Its almost as close as RiskyBusiness. I'm looking for sativas and hash mainly, because those are hard to come by here in Finland. I scored some really nice Caramello Cream before xmas and totally fell in love with it :)
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Loft is part of the little empire that started with Siberië; the smokables should be mostly good, and I like their Casablanca hash. Also, it's the kind of coffeeshop non-smoking partners might not mind. If you go, an up-to-date review might be good to have (which goes for wherever you end up, of course).
MasterOfMuppets

With the amount of help&advice I've gotten from you guys, it would be rude not write reviews...
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Hope you do get to Risky Business and post a review here. It would be good to get this thread back on topic.

Enjoy your trip!
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

That could be a Bateman cartoon: THE MAN WHO TRIED TO STAY ON TOPIC ON A CANNABIS FORUM.
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Lemming wrote: Sat 11th Feb 2017 02:32 pm Hope you do get to Risky Business and post a review here. It would be good to get this thread back on topic.

Enjoy your trip!
Perhaps a moderator could move this thread into the Travel Plans forum :wink:
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Risky Business dated November 29, 2021. Thanks to Stas.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/RiskyBus ... iness.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

New menu dated February 4, 2023. Kudos RealFresh187 who says Bruce Banner iz Favorit 👌.

Risky Business

Enjoy
Lemming, on behalf of FlyByNite