March Visit

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Worsall

March Visit

Post by Worsall »

Well we finally got back to Dam it’s been a long time coming!

First thing which is a negative is the cost of everything has gone up a LOT, make sure you update you budget!

On the plus side it’s business as normal, everything open and everyone as friendly and unique in character as ever. We were blessed with fantastic weather for sitting outside and chilling.

Would we go again quite probably yes but have to think carefully about costs and take sandwiches lol.

Lemming
Site Admin

Re: March Visit

Post by Lemming »

Thanks for the update. I'd love to hear more about your trip.

Great to hear everything is mostly back to normal but a bit concerned that the bat cave is closed as you mentioned in your Batavia review. Do you think that's just because of a lack of punters in town and that might change if and when all the tourists return?

Regarding costs, hasn't Amsterdam always been expensive? Was it weed, drink, food, something else or everything that you found had gone up a lot?
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

Not sure why the cave was shut but numbers were lower than normal.
Cost wise not so much weed but everything else especially food and alcohol. I would budget on 30% more to be safe.
Anyway it cannot of been that bad as I am considering going over for a few days over the 420 to join you after a very stressful few weeks here, so so please add me to the WhatsApp group!
Everything is open with no restriction but most places shut about 1am except at weekends not many late bars like before. As I say a few places have shutdown but on the round it’s a blast still and if anything the atmosphere is better. I will go on my own next time which will cut costs as my other half likes her food lol
The other observation is the chaos in UK airports and train station at the moment, allow plenty of time
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Thanks for the info.

Be great if you can make 4/20. Post your dates when you know and send me your number so I can add you to the WA group.

I'm also a bit concerned about transport trouble.