Ghost + Buddy 420 2022 Day 1 added pics

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Ghost

Ghost + Buddy 420 2022 Day 1 added pics

Post by Ghost »

17/04/2022 - A easy trip over for us by plane

and the usual train ride into Central Station had a little added excitement to it, as I pinged out messages to people in town for pick ups for when we arrived :D. We pulled into the station, disembarked and strolled towards the 'Gates to Heaven' and walked on through them with that buzz in our stomach's and the smell's of Amsterdam filling our nostrils and all the foot traffic buzzing around we knew we were back in 'Our Happy Place :D '

It was now roughly 8pm and our 1st stop was a quick stroll over to Coffeeshop Siberia to meet Tom from HHQ outside and then ventured around to their Headquarters to collect a Blow torch

and a can of gas :D, upon arrival I was greeted by a familiar face and a few new faces :D :mrgreen: which was great as it also saved a bit of leg work for tomorrow as I was able to collect what i needed a 2g pot of Funny Bananas - 200euro and a 1g pot of Ghost Dolce - 90euro(1st place DabaDoo 2022) :mrgreen: After pleasantries were exchanged and a few fist bumps the Dab rig was set up real quick and the blow torch was given it's 1st real test then a couple of tasty dabs were taken :mrgreen:, a quick time check and we realized we were short of time and had to pack up our stuff, say our goodbyes :wave: and make our way back towards the centre as we still needed to get down to the De Pijp to check in to our hotel and also make the 10pm T 'n' T at Coffeeshop Carmona to meet other members who were already in town. :D

Now this is where it all went a bit pear shaped after them dabs and I started to doubt myself on the tram number to get to De Pijp when we reached the Dam even though I have used this tram numerous times in the past :oops: , so we walked on down to the Rembrandtplein to stand by the tram stop and doubt myself some more so we decided to quick walk down to the hotel, now the walk wasn't that bad but just carrying that weighty bag made it that bit more hard work and the poor shoulder was not liking it at all by the time we arrived at the hotel.

A quick check in at reception was made :thumbup: and we were able to drop our bags off in our room for the 1st night and quickly grab our smoking essentials into a rucksack and head out of the hotel for the short walk to Coffeeshop Carmona for a T 'n' T meet up which we were running a little late for at this point. Carmona is only a 2 minute walk away and as we approached 10.15pm we were greeted by the waving hand of @AzLaker and @Gapie a very nice welcome, thanks guys :D :wave: . We said our hello's to AzLaker as he was heading back up to his apartment after a heavy day in town. We headed into Carmona with Gapie who was hanging in there and I eventually was able to make my 1st purchase in a Coffeeshop in over 2 years which was 1g of Carmona Crazy Haze 12 euro - to dry for my liking, 1g Banana Kush 13.50 euro - was a reasonable smoke and 1g Limencello Double Filtered 14 euro - was very nice and mixed with the Banana Kush was extremely tasty. Mikes purchase's here were 2g Green Crack 14 euro a g. After a couple of smokes Gapie said his goodbyes and made his way off home. Mike and I finished off a few more smokes and decided we better try and find some food as we hadn't eaten for most of the day.

We headed out of Carmona in to a pretty quiet De Pijp with most places shut we managed to find some dodgy looking Burger place which did a combination of most things, with the salad that looked like it had been sat there for a month sweating in its glass cabinet :lol: . We both went for the Cheese Burger and Chips and we headed back to the hotel for a munch and some dabs and joints on the balcony with a cup T which I always bring over with me(good instant T) The food was not very good and tasted soggy which I put down to that dodgy looking salad, hope that doesn't come back and bite us tomorrow :lol:

After 4 nice fat globs of Funny Banana's and a fat spliff we sat on the balcony and relaxed 'we were back in Amsterdam' let the 420 festivities begin. Now it was time to hit the sack and get some shut eye for an early start tomorrow :D :mrgreen:

(note to self bed was shite and had a crap sleep + Mike snores like a steam train coming through a tunnel, don't get a twin room again even if it is for just 1 night :lol: )

18/04/2022 Monday - Up rather early 8am despite the lumpy pillow and Mike's snoring :lol: quick shower and kettle on, I am out on the balcony in to a glorious sunny Amsterdam morning with the dab rig

ready to rip and a cup of T by 9am :D I fire the torch up and take a wake 'n' bake dab of the Ghost Dolce a fruity flavour on the exhale with a terpy profile upon opening the jar :D a very tasty dab, so nice that I stick another glob of it into the banger and now I am feeling chilled. Mike appears with a cup of coffee and a spliff but I heat up the banger and give a morning wake 'n' bake dab 'Welcome to Amsterdam' :lol:
another quick brew and a dab of the Funny Banana's and we were ready to check out of this twin and left our bags in hotel storage and would check in to our double rooms when we return later but for now we were ready to head out for a days running around meeting people and picking bits up.

We are out of the hotel and stroll along Ceintuurbaan and passed Sarphatipark heading towards our breakfast spot Omelegg for a good start to the day, but when we got there sadly it was closed and didn't look like it had been opened recently :( so a quick re-think and we head back towards the park and we go in to the Happy Tosti. I show Mike the 'Shitty Place' Image
as he had never been here before and we laughed about the seating situ in there :lol: A couple of Toasties, cup of coffee and an orange juice and are belly's are content for the time being :D As we are about to leave I order a 'Sweet Morning to go and we venture into Sarphatipark
and find a bench to have our warm scones with clotted cream and jam. We follow this with a nice pure spliff and people watch for a while ' What a stunning day we are having so far :D '

Time was getting on now and we had to meet up with @Azlaker at Coffeeshop Bagheera's for 11.15am, so we jumped on the tram and headed up towards Rembrandtplien and then strolled on up towards Bagheera's and got 1g Lemon Bubble - 10 euro (excellent quality), 1g Kosher - 16 euro and Mike purchased 2g Lemon Tree - 15 euro g :mrgreen: and a couple drinks and headed in to the smoking area to be greeted by @Azlaker sat just inside with a bong on the go and a smile on his face :D pleasantries exchanged, we had a quick smoke before heading out and strolling on up to meet Fudge This out side Coffeeshop GreenPlace to collect all the edibles the forum members had on order :mrgreen:

The Order Was - 415 euro

2 x Stuffed Fudge Cookies 300mg
5 x Tiger Cookies 600mg
1 x Tiger Cookie 1000mg
2 x Fudge Pieces

Order collected and checked we decided to take a slow walk on down to Susies Saloon Image
to have a few smokes and a couple of beers :D and then made contact with @EdtheHead who was camped up at the Bulldog Lounge so we headed on up there to introduce ourselves to @Ed and have a smoke up with him, he had grabbed a lovely spot on the Bulldogs canal terrace Image
and we proceeded to skin up, rip the bong and get the dab rig set up and ready to rip, chat flowing around the table in the sunny spot couldn't have got any better with a couple of beers. I offered everybody a dab at the table and most took a hit :thumbup: it was now getting on past lunchtime and I had another meet with 'Nice Thing For Nice People' at 2pm, so we said our goodbyes temporarily and headed off.

We strolled through Dam Square heading towards New Times on the Spuistraat and waited around outside until I saw the character I was waiting for riding down the road with his dog in toe and a bike basket full of paper bags :mrgreen: :D Greetings exchanged and paper bag collected and checked

Order Was- 100euro

10 x Hash Brownies 0.85g roughly :wink:
5 x Chocolate Bar 100mg per bar

we set off back towards the hotel to drop all of these goodies off before they get smashed to pieces in my bag :!: Back at the hotel and edibles dropped off and all the pick ups/collections were done :D, we made a quick brew and had a little bit chill time on the balcony with a couple dabs and a few spliffs for an hour before getting our stuff together and heading back out.

We decided to jump on the tram and head up to Dam Square disembarked and made our way up towards restaurant 'San Thomas' walking along the Nieuwendijk with all the people buzzing about shopping until we hit the Martelaarsgracht turned right and we were at our spot. Looks like the place may have had a staff change since my last visit in town and the usual people were not about :( anyway we both ordered a 400g Fillet Steak with fries and corn on the cob and a large beer each, the service was slow and although the steak was nice, I was disappointed overall with the meal and the corn on the cob was only lukewarm was not how I remembered this establishment :( time to look for a new location (you will see a theme with our meals during the week :lol:) We settled the bill up and left.

On foot towards Coffeeshop Solo now back on to the Nieuwendijk and swing a left down Haringpakkerssteeg walking passed Prix D'ami and onto the Damrak cross the road and head through what is left of the Red Light area across to the Nieuwmarkt and down along Koningstraat until we come to Solo we are warmily greeted by the elderly bud tender who was keen to show us her wares :D 1g Girl Scout Cookies - 13.50euro, 1g Banana Kush - 12.50euro, 1g Kush Mints Double Filtered -18euro and Mike got 2g Girl Scout Cookies :D we then set off for the Bulldog Lounge.

Arrived at the Bulldog Lounge and upon entering we saw @EdtheHead in a excellent corner sofa seat with a reasonable large table and sat around the table were @Gapie @Azlaker @Nuggz after fist bumps and hello's were exchanged we proceeded to have a session with dabs being done and spliffs being passed around :mrgreen:

It was soon time to leave the Bulldog and make our way to the Bottle Bar to meet up for @Lemming's + Igraines arrival in town and T'n'T as we approached we saw them perched outside on a couple of stalls with a couple beers :D :thumbup:, there was hugs for people that had met before and fist bumps and hellos were exchanged and :D introductions for new faces, we all got a beer and perched outside in the alley people watching and chatting and sharing spliffs for an hr or so. People in attendance were @Lemming @Igraine @Azlaker @EdtheHead @Gapie @Ghost + @Mike :mrgreen: :D Image
At this point @Az said his goodbyes, went and got pastries from across the road and headed off for his apartment.

We then made our way back to the Bulldog Lounge to carry on the session and we were able to get back in the same corner seat, thanks to @Ed knowing the kind ladies who let us sit down with them :D We all then grabbed drinks and smokes were rolled up and I set up my dab rig to have a couple of fat globs of the Funny Bannana's. In attendance were @Lemming @Igraine @Gapie @EdtheHead @Ghost @Mike and @2xunknown ladies :lol: Az said his goodbyes and then Gapie left and around 12 Mike and myself said our goodbyes to go catch the tram back down to De Pijp, close by the hotel we picked up a couple snacks and went out on to the balcony until the small hours dabbing :mrgreen: and smoking spliffs :mrgreen: :D

What a Fantastic 1st Day Back In Amsterdam :D (credit @EdtheHead for the Bulldog + Bottle pics) :D
Last edited by Ghost on Sun 1st May 2022 09:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Lemming
Site Admin

Re: Ghost + Buddy 420 2022 Day 1

Post by Lemming »

Brilliant!
How do you remember so much detail?

I can relate to the doubting tram numbers bit. There were a couple of occasions when I was staring at a street I know well but completely blank on where it fitted in.

One of the 2 x unknown ladies is Codie420
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Excellent reporting so far buddy, that was a great read, with a very nice balance between detail (great memory for someone who can and does go as deep as you!) and pace. Looking forward to the next part! :mrgreen:
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

SO good to meet you 'Ghost' + 'Buddy' :!: :!:

Good times!!

:mrgreen:
He who tries to shine dims his own light
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

I love the gung ho attitude with the edibles :mrgreen:
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Lemming wrote: Wed 27th Apr 2022 11:55 pm Brilliant!
How do you remember so much detail?

I can relate to the doubting tram numbers bit. There were a couple of occasions when I was staring at a street I know well but completely blank on where it fitted in.

One of the 2 x unknown ladies is Codie420
Not sure how I remember any of it to be honest @Lem but somehow it sticks just takes a few days to unravel it and piece it together and then write it up as long as I save to draft, think if I do it day by day it should be more on point. Will try and link pics to everything once it is all wrote up :thumbup:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Thu 28th Apr 2022 03:18 pm Excellent reporting so far buddy, that was a great read, with a very nice balance between detail (great memory for someone who can and does go as deep as you!) and pace. Looking forward to the next part! :mrgreen:
:D :thumbup: Thanks G, I have started day 2 in my drafts :thumbup: may take a couple days to complete though :lol:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

RoMoney wrote: Thu 28th Apr 2022 08:45 pm I love the gung ho attitude with the edibles :mrgreen:
There was a nice pile on my bed when everything was dropped off, the last few bits we did before getting to the airport :D :thumbup:
bedge

Post by bedge »

Fantastic write up.
Almost felt i was there
looking forward to more.
was great meeting you and mike.
hope to see you again,
and all the 420 crew.
couldn't ask to meet a better group of people.
best wishes all
bedge
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

bedge wrote: Sat 30th Apr 2022 11:04 am Fantastic write up.
Almost felt i was there
looking forward to more.
was great meeting you and mike.
hope to see you again,
and all the 420 crew.
couldn't ask to meet a better group of people.
best wishes all
bedge
Back at you Bedge :thumbup: defo will be there next year for a week again :D and would be good to have a proper chat with you about the past especially the early coffeeshop days :mrgreen:
starcatcher

Re: Ghost + Buddy 420 2022 Day 1 added pics

Post by starcatcher »

nice report and good to see some pics of the guys!
trips to The Dam: 6 ('04, '08, '09, '10, '12, '13)
brufy

Post by brufy »

That picture of Nightbar The Bottle certainly brings back some memories!
Over four years on ACD and none the wiser…
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

brufy wrote: Sat 14th May 2022 09:46 pm That picture of Nightbar The Bottle certainly brings back some memories!
Yeah, that's a fantastic picture and so cool that everyone shown has agreed to it being published.

As I recall, it was taken by somebody holding Ed's phone above their head. If you know the narrow alley that is Oudebrugsteeg, you'll understand that it's quite an achievement to get everyone in.

It's a wonderful memory for me (Schrödinger's cat, at the back). We'd just arrived in Amsterdam after a two-year break (first 4-20 for Igraine) and this lovely bunch of ACDers had made the effort to come and find us outside The Bottle.
starcatcher

Post by starcatcher »

Lemming wrote: Sun 15th May 2022 01:04 am
brufy wrote: Sat 14th May 2022 09:46 pm That picture of Nightbar The Bottle certainly brings back some memories!
so cool that everyone shown has agreed to it being published.
well. almost everyone lol. :wink:

assuming the gentleman in the spectacles at the bar behind you didn't give his permission. :mrgreen:
trips to The Dam: 6 ('04, '08, '09, '10, '12, '13)
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

starcatcher wrote: Sun 15th May 2022 10:00 am
Lemming wrote: Sun 15th May 2022 01:04 am
so cool that everyone shown has agreed to it being published.
well. almost everyone lol. :wink:

assuming the gentleman in the spectacles at the bar behind you didn't give his permission. :mrgreen:
True! :D

To be fair, though, that guy is distant and blurry. Also, it's a bar, not a coffeeshop, there are no huge joints and all our paraphernalia on the tables is mostly hidden. Out of context, it's a perfectly innocent picture 8)