Toking tom's kingsday

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Tokeing tom

Toking tom's kingsday

Post by Tokeing tom »

Myself and Mrs T had been looking forward to this day coming as was busy work wise last few weeks and needed break,
Booked the early morning flight 6.40, I taught this was a good idea as we we would be in town early for the festivities and I promised myself an early night before to be ready, this did not happen.
My cousin was home from Canada and called round the night of departure, we smoked until 11.30 🙈
As dublin airport is fucked up with staff shortages we were advised to be at airport 3.5 hours before departure which ment getting up at 2.30 to leave for airport, with my cousin not leaving until 11.30 and me not able to sleep I'd say I got about 1 hour before the alarm violently interrupted me... Bad start
When we made it airport all was not too bad and after a coffee and an hours weight we took off on time, a little sleep on the plane and next thing ya know we were getting ready to land and 10 min early.. Love it
A good paced walk to passport control straight through the automatic machine in record time,this followed by another march to ticket machine then straight to platform 1 where the train would be arriving in 2 min.. Probably one of the quickest journeys to Central Station from airport ever.. Well impressed.
To be continued...

CopenhagenCouple

Re: Toking tom's kingsday

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Sweet, another Tokeing Tom adventure, looking forward to this one :mrgreen:
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

So we exited Central to a nice morning not overly sunny but no sign of rain, I'd decided to to go to Terps army for a first smoke this trip as I find it a pretty reliable place to find quality,
Upon arriving we found the place empty so we settled in with 2 coffees and a gram of GELONADE €19 and a gram of TWINSCOTTI €19 both were very nice but I preferred the gelonade it's a wonderful strain if you ever get the chance to try it, I also picked up some filtered hash for later BLUE COOKIES €22 and MOTOR BREATH €22 expensive hash but top quality
Coffees and joints quickly consumed we took a short stroll to The Plug for a buy and fly then we went to the bar across the road to smoke and get a toasted sandwich for breakfast. The weed we got was PATRON €16 and SHERBLATO €13 the patron was a top smoke very enjoyable flavour and a good indica kick, the Sherblato smelled good in the tub but the taste didn't transfere to good and it wasn't the strongest, got some hash for later GMO STATIC €20 good strong stuff if my memory is right :mrgreen:
After a few spliffs, toasties, coffees and a bottle of Heineken for me we decided to stroll to Paradox, i was here years ago and I mean to get back someday but the city was starting to get busy at this stage, boats were starting to float by with parties going on and people were flooding In to the city the streets were closed off to traffic so people were walking in the middle of the road and a lot of bars were selling beer outside we got a beer and soaked up the crack for a while before continuing for paradox, unfortunately we had passed it and were now closer to Mr k, this aera was buzzing with street stalls with kids busking and a general great street carnival vibe.
I took our bags and got a nice window seat in Mr k while Mrs T took a walk around the street stalls
I got a coffee a red velvet space cake and a gram of LEMON TREE €20 this was beautiful weed and later i was sorry I didn't get more. The space cake was rich and heavy I couldn't finish it and didn't notice any effects but I had a lot to smoke so can't say for sure

To be continued
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

@Tokeing tom thanks for sharing your Kingsday trip :D is there any more updates to the trip Buddy :?:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Ha yes the kingsday trip report ,that I ment to finish ,I was very busy at work around that time and just never got around to it ,what I can remember from leaving
Mr k that day is that we went to 1e hulp I know we got some hashes and some weed here we were happy with the hash but weed was just ok can't remember names
From there we walked through the city for a couple of hours taking in the buzz of Kings day ,it really is something to experience ,live music everywhere from bands to djs ,to buskers playing instruments I've never seen before , people selling beer and food in the street and a general warm and friendly feeling all over . As an Irish man I would definitely say that kingsday in Amsterdam is better than paddy's day in Dublin .

At about 4 in the afternoon we decided to go check in to our apartment, it was called Sweets hotel it was a bridge house located in the canal right across from Cs de overkant ,and the botanical gardens is right behind it ,it was a wonderful place to be on kingsday as all the boats were passing right by we danced and partied with them all helped along with a bottle of wine and some nice hash from 1e hulp ,Sweets hotel have 28 of these bridge houses spread across the city and I would definitely recommend them

I checked out Cs overkant a few times while I was there and I wanted to like the place but I didn't, I tried 5 hashes and 3 weeds but none were anything special and the weed was not flushed properly, it is spacious but the seating is uncomfortable, in all so much more could be done here ,it has a great location

That night ended pretty early for us but we will definitely do kingsday again ..

Tbc :mrgreen:
starcatcher

Post by starcatcher »

sounds absolutely sick that does my man although the crush does get on my tits a wee bit on Koningsday.
trips to The Dam: 6 ('04, '08, '09, '10, '12, '13)
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Cheers buddy, quality 👍. I have stayed in that same apartment myself many times and I really like them converted canal control house's, I think I have stayed in 4 different ones over the years all special in their own way man. Thanks for sharing man💚👌
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

I woke early next morning and made my way to het balloonjte having read reports from the previous week I knew I was in for some nice weed if I remember right I had cheetah piss ,pink vanillite, pint sized and ice cream cake ,all the weed was of good quality but the pink vanilitte stood out most for me I had a coffee and a water and a nice chat with the guy who was working as the shop was quiet .
After this Mrs T and I went to meet some friends who were arriving we had set to meet them at het gelderse but it was still closed probably too much partying on kingsday 😊 so instead I went and sat in the greenplace and got some kosher kush I find it to always have one of the best koshers in town and again I wasn't let Down I also got a half gram of some incredible hulk water hash that looked almost white it was nice and strong but I found it harsh to smoke ,maybe just me ..

After a joint Mr G calls and says him and Mrs G are in the jolly joker at the window seat we meet them there and sit for a coffee and a joint . He has bought some cheese that was pretty mediocre didn't taste nothing like it should of , I had a quick look at the menu it was 2g pre weighed baggies card only no cash ..what a way to kill a business that should be dead alllready In my opinion. Unfriendly and uninterested bud tender asked if I wanted anything, I said I only had cash sorry ,drank my coffee and left ..

I know After this we were in family first for a quick buy and fly of filtered hash then we went to dampkring and sat for more coffee and juices I got some sensible and some jala of niqua I can't remember exactly but we stayed here for an hour and smoked some lovely hash ,the batch of sensible was very good smoked beautifully very sweet and clear high ,

It was lost in Amsterdam after this for cocktails and on from there for food i cant remember the restaurant but i know i had a mixed grill and i was happy with it
followed by more beers I know we got more weed along the way but I can't remember where we waddled home sometime around 11 . . I had 1 more beer on the balcony with a joint of some filtered hash from family first that put me nicely to sleep