Solo trip 2022! Kingsday edition

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
ZBeebs

Solo trip 2022! Kingsday edition

Post by ZBeebs »

Hit the city a few hours ago. Schipol is still a mess from the baggage handlers strike yesterday. Checked into my hotel, then hit Grey Area for the silver bubble. Just as I remembered, clean and uplifting. Wandered around a bit, got some food, had a beer or two, and now I'm in Greenhouse Centrum. Got a half gram each of the tangilope and the super lemon haze cream. Enjoying the combination in a bowl with some coffee. Hash usually has me coughing bad, but this is smooth and right to the head.

Not sure what's next yet. Probably Cafe Belgique for another beer.

Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
ZBeebs

Re: Solo trip 2022! Kingsday edition

Post by ZBeebs »

Ended up at Susie's Saloon for a Grolsh, then Nam Kee for dinner.

Now I'm at Green Place, asked for their best saliva, bud tender insisted on the amnesia at 9 euro. About to smoke some bowls, but I'm skeptical.
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Amnesia isn't great. I don't usually buy this stain so nothing to compare it to.

Sitting in big shots now, having a beer and finishing off the gram of Amnesia.
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Stopped in Het Gelderse last night to check out the menu, grabbed a gram of cereal milk, 14e. Smelled great and was a heavy indica smoke. Enjoyed this one. It knocked me out, stopped at the room and ended up asleep by midnight.

Starting today at Amnesia with Gelato 41, 18e. Asked to see the orange soda, he took this out too and it smelled FIRE, and covered in trichs. About to light it up and drink this coffee!

Edit: the Gelato 41 is very nice, pricey at 18 but a very good example of the strain.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Enjoy Kingsday :mrgreen:
gapie

Post by gapie »

in town later drinkey smokey
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Have tried a few times to update, the site is not having it.

I'm in Het Gelderse right now, wedding cake 15e is nice and heavy.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

ZBeebs wrote: Tue 26th Apr 2022 09:36 am
Starting today at Amnesia with Gelato 41, 18e. Asked to see the orange soda, he took this out too and it smelled FIRE, and covered in trichs. About to light it up and drink this coffee!
Orange Soda is Trichome Jungle Genetics, interesting to see them selling that :mrgreen:

Have fun!
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Thanks for sharing :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Seems I never picked this back up, once the site was working properly again...

I kept a log of what I smoked throughout the 8 nights I was there, looking back there is plenty I bought and didn't add to the list.

The city is pretty much back to normal. Kingsday was wild! The entire city was one big party.

I really wish I had come back and posted here regularly. I can look back on my last live blog and it really brings the memories back to life. This time, I don't have that and really, it's all now nothing but a blur.

I smoked. A LOT. I hit shops I have had on my lists for a long time, just never found time. I revisited a lot of places, hung out, enjoyed the vibe. This time I came prepared, and brought a bowl with me. I remembered that plenty of places are more than happy to sell you multiple half grams. Spent more time walking around and smoking than sitting in coffeeshops this time than I usually do I think, and not always by choice. Sometimes it just wasn't possible to get a seat.

I'm a sativa fan, the Dr. Grinspoon at Katsu was very good, would buy again - but it's been better.

Cheetah Piss at Het Ballonetje was probably the best smoke of the trip. I meant to get back there to work through the menu, never got a bad smoke there... didn't happen unfortunately.

I tried some restaurants I have never been to before. Cannibal Royale was great! I ate way too much Febo (I don't usually stop here, not sure why this time I did). De Klos, probably my last time. I used to really like this place, but the last two times the ribs were just OK. Got turned away from plenty of restaurants too - places were busy even during the week, and I think some didn't want to waste a table on a single person so they turned me away.

Really enjoyed the Dampkring this time. I guess I came to terms with the fact that not only do you have to buy weed, but if you want to sit or spend any time there, you also have to get a drink. I always was annoyed by this, and what I perceived as an attitude from those enforcing those rules. However, I think every drink I tried to order, something was sold out and I ended up with a coke instead.

Here's that smoke list (that I bothered to write down, lots missing)

Grey Area - Silver bubble 13e
Greenhouse Centrum - .5 super lemon haze cream 8e, .5 tangliope 7.5e
Green Place - 1g Amnesia 9e
Het Gelderse - 1g cereal milk 14e
Amnesia - 1g Gelato 41 18e
The Store - 1g Sunset Sherbet 12.5e
1e Hulp - .5 Sundae Driver 8e, .5 blood orange 7.5e
Balou - .5 narstie glue 8e
Barneys Lounge - 1g watermelon skittlez, .5g gelato bonbon hash
Het Gelderse - 1g wedding cake 15e
Greenhouse effect - .5 kosher kush 10e, .5 night nurse 8e
Katsu - 1g Dr. Grinspoon 17e
Bagheera - 1g platinum cookies 15e
Grey Area - 1g tangie 18e
Het Ballonetje - 1g Cheetah piss 16e
The Stud - 1g slurricane 15e, 1g warme oortjes hash 10e
Greenhouse - 1g Pure kush, 17e
The plug - 1g patron 16e
Dampkring - .5g Rocky d, .5 tinar hash
Borenjongens - 1g tangerine g13 block 20e
Grey Area - Wakanda.5, Dozidoz .5, 25e
Solo - 1g Grape Jello 14.5e
Dampkring - 1g cheesequake 13e
Mr K & co - Forgot what it was lol 15e

There's a lot missing. I bought a lot of half grams that aren't listed. I know I made a purchase from the Cookies menu at greenhouse on my last night (Expected to be disappointed, paying 25e for weed, but was one of the top 3 smokes of the trip). I sat at dampkring at least 3 or 4 times, so those are missing. I spent some time in the new Paradox but forgot to write that down. They're open with seating, but not done yet. I was in Abraxas. Basjoe. Hunters. Kadinsky. Tweede Kamer. Got some hash at Massawa and smoked a joint at The Terminator. Didn't write those down either. Some of these I only remember because I have the pictures as proof!

the patron at the plug sucked. I miss Utopia.

The stud was ... interesting. I enjoyed the slurricane but the warme oortjes was not good. I sat in the smoking room reading a book and smoking bowls for about an hour, and I found the vibe odd. Good prices, but I don't know that I'd go out of my way to go there again, especially just to buy and fly.

The tinar hash at Dampkring was really nice. I asked to see something almost twice the price and the budtender insisted I check it out. Glad he did.

Bought the grape jello at Solo because others in the 420 thread said it was good. By the time I got there, it was all tiny buds and shake, bought it anyway. Shouldn't have, I coughed so much I tossed the joint halfway through.

A lot of what I smoked, similar to past trips, was mediocre. Or, it hits hard up front but doesn't last (harvested early?) Finding the good bits is an adventure though, and I look forward to doing it again.

Drank quite a bit this trip too, thats probably a big reason I didn't do a good job remembering...

Can't wait to go back... already booked flights for a big trip, this one with the wife, flying into Munich, spending 10 days driving through Germany before spending the last 5 days in Amsterdam! April 2023 can't come soon enough!
brufy

Post by brufy »

Holy crap! That’s some smoke list! :shock:
Over four years on ACD and none the wiser…
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

ZBeebs wrote: Mon 25th Apr 2022 07:36 pm Ended up at Susie's Saloon for a Grolsh, then Nam Kee for dinner.

Now I'm at Green Place, asked for their best saliva, bud tender insisted on the amnesia at 9 euro. About to smoke some bowls, but I'm skeptical.
Came back to say I found this hilarous - my previous thread has my 2nd smoke of the trip as amnesia, but I "never buy this strain'. I even said it might be worth coming back for!

Yes, I realize it autocorrected to "saliva"

This makes me think about being more intentional about my next trip - to plan ahead, really think about where to go, have a plan to visit places I haven't before, trying new things, different strains, and damnit carving out a day to eat too many shrooms and see what happens... instead of consistently going back to the same places - I didn't realize how predictable I was until now.

Cannabis is legal where I live. There are many dispensaries within driving distance from where I both live and work.

That said, I can't wait for May 2023 to return to Amsterdam.
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Also, if you enjoy nitrous oxide, the same spot I talked about in my previous thead has balloons for 5e each, just ask the bartender.