Hotel Voyagers

Accommodation related topics.
brufy

Re: Hotel Voyagers

Post by brufy »

DjShaggy wrote: Mon 13th Jun 2022 05:05 pm I once stayed at the Quentin England Hotel, right by vondelpark, great location however I had to check out early and got a refund because the room had bedbugs.
Nasty! :shock:

Over four years on ACD and none the wiser…
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

brufy wrote: Mon 13th Jun 2022 09:40 pm
DjShaggy wrote: Mon 13th Jun 2022 05:05 pm I once stayed at the Quentin England Hotel, right by vondelpark, great location however I had to check out early and got a refund because the room had bedbugs.
Nasty! :shock:
That was August 2019. Things may have changed
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
dubsy420

Post by dubsy420 »

Does anyone know if they're renovations are done yet?
esinen

Post by esinen »

this is the email i had off them recently.. after contacting them for second time..

The hotel should be ready in a few months. We will open our booking site at that time.
Our Coffeeshop is open and you can pass by anytime.

so by winter i think lol
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

smallest room ever , dirtiest matresses ever lol
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
RedGecko58

Post by RedGecko58 »

Apologies for the late reply guys,

Thanks for the suggestions. All sorted now ended up booking Menninger Amsterdam West as it was good value - the 3 lads I’m taking will need to master the transport as I’ll be out early to get a smoke.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

So Hello all long time well I just got a message from hotel voyagers. I asked Them when they will Reopen the hotel they have no idea when that will happen , But stated not any time soon.
DaveS

Post by DaveS »

Such a shame.

It was a great little place back in the day - from my favourite basement room, to the twins upstairs...

Last few times, I used the Best Western and had a 20min tram ride getting there and back.
(Plus the rooms are bigger, they had a safe and a fridge... and LIFTS!!)

Oh well. RIP Voyagers!
macky

Post by macky »

matty223 wrote: Thu 13th Jul 2023 01:31 pm So Hello all long time well I just got a message from hotel voyagers. I asked Them when they will Reopen the hotel they have no idea when that will happen , But stated not any time soon.
If I recall you moved out of that place half way though your last stay :D
Sad but true just not the same with out the other two running things :cry:
welshmans_beard

Post by welshmans_beard »

I'd stayed here a fair few times pre-plauge; very mediocre rooms you could get blazed in for cheap.
Spoke to them via message a few weeks ago, they were hazy about when they'll be taking bookings, but I did see some dates for 2024 on Google (that I now can't find) that showed some pretty big price hikes.

But the killer is they have told me smoking is no longer allowed in the rooms. Boom. That's killed it for me unfortunately, the smoking made up for the rooms themselves IMO.
Nowt better than sparking a big 'ol leg of lamb
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Stayed here a few times myself I always got one of the doubles upstairs with ensuire about €80 or €90 for a night .. last time we stayed few of got the 4 person room with great views and toilet outside great value at €25 each a night boys didn't think much of it 😄 but for 25 bucks you be lucky to got a hostel these days
matty223

Post by matty223 »

I was looking for a pkace in April and noticed they are accepting rsv for April 2024 , $166 a night, big difference from years back when the guys had the place
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

I've just checked it and I was amazed it's €234 for 2 person room for 1 night and not a Saturday a Tuesday..they would want to have done some fuckin work to those rooms to justify that price...the rip off continues at voyagers...rip the old place