Coffeeshop Chains

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Lemming
Site Admin

Coffeeshop Chains

Post by Lemming »

Following an interesting discussion on the chainification of Amsterdam's coffeeshops in the Plug Utopia topic (prompted by their takeover of Rusland) I thought I'd start a new topic on the subject.

I guess it started long ago with the Bulldog chain. Some of the other early chains have since disappeared completely, such as Fancy Free, Real Thing and Rokerij.

More recently, Amsterdam Genetics has moved into loads of coffeeshops, I think mostly on some kind of franchise arrangement. Some other chains seem to have stopped expanding, for instance Hunters.

Anyway, how do you feel about coffeeshops grouping together, becoming brands and so on?

Tokeing tom

Re: Coffeeshop Chains

Post by Tokeing tom »

I'd love to know how much they paid... How can a Spanish club walk into amsterdam and buy 3 coffeeshops.... We all know black market funds are involved, but at that surely amsterdam gangsters are looking at this Spanish invasion and saying hey why didn't we do that or!!?? Is it really that easy.... Or was it or is it that Terps and plug are run by massive gangsters and they just tell alll the small fry to fuck off??????
kalima

Post by kalima »

Tokeing tom wrote: Thu 18th Aug 2022 02:30 am I'd love to know how much they paid... How can a Spanish club walk into amsterdam and buy 3 coffeeshops.... We all know black market funds are involved, but at that surely amsterdam gangsters are looking at this Spanish invasion and saying hey why didn't we do that or!!?? Is it really that easy.... Or was it or is it that Terps and plug are run by massive gangsters and they just tell alll the small fry to fuck off??????
I have been wondering how they managed to get the places as non Dutch citizens.. especially as they operate in a grey legal area... especially with then suppling their shops with their weed ... I always remember years ago friends saying that if you squatted in holland always do it with at least one dutch person, otherwise the police would have you out straight away.. what was tolerated for Dutch citizens was different to non dutch ....so it is interesting that the authorities and gangsters have allowed them to have so many shops, maybe a few back handers or as you say .. they are much bigger players in the scene.... or they have sort of done an exchange with the dutch going to Spain to open places up
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Keep the Dutch owner on the payroll and just call it a "rebrand"
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Don’t mind them picking off dead shops In quiet parts of town, better them be open and busy than closed tbh.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Kermit wrote: Thu 18th Aug 2022 08:27 pm Don’t mind them picking off dead shops In quiet parts of town, better them be open and busy than closed tbh.
I agree. We have already lost too many shops.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

I think you implyed it before dj shaggy, launderettes the lot of em..
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Tokeing tom wrote: Thu 18th Aug 2022 11:35 pm I think you implyed it before dj shaggy, launderettes the lot of em..
If I ever show up dead I didn't kill myself
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

😂😂