Miss B by La Grotte

Comments on specific bars. Use search to find the topic for a bar.

Rate La Grotte

ImageImageImageImageImage 5/5
21%
ImageImageImageImageImage 4/5
43%
ImageImageImageImageImage 3/5
21%
ImageImageImageImageImage 2/5
14%
ImageImageImageImageImage 1/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 0/5
No votes

Total votes: 14

jonah1983

Re: La Grotte

Post by jonah1983 »

Fantastic little place this love sitting upstairs reasonable priced will defo take the Mrs here next time I'm over

TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

free_phil_spector wrote: Mon 11th Sep 2017 10:03 pm
TwoCanucks wrote: Sun 10th Sep 2017 02:39 amStones Cafe. The English and the Danny both top shelf with a heavy side of WnB
Not sure Danny works there any more :( When were you last in there? I dont pop in very often these days but whenever I have stopped by in the last 18 months or so he's not been there. Haven't seen Bianca in there for about that long either - maybe change of staff/ownership??
little late on the reply sorry. Danny is not a staff member, it's a egg sandwich at Stones Cafe, not the coffee shop

http://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/v ... 95&t=34357
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

TwoCanucks wrote: Tue 4th Sep 2018 12:00 am
TwoCanucks wrote: Sun 10th Sep 2017 02:39 amStones Cafe. The English and the Danny both top shelf with a heavy side of WnB
Not sure Danny works there any more :( When were you last in there? I dont pop in very often these days but whenever I have stopped by in the last 18 months or so he's not been there. Haven't seen Bianca in there for about that long either - maybe change of staff/ownership??
little late on the reply sorry. Danny is not a staff member, it's a egg sandwich at Stones Cafe, not the coffee shop

Off topic, he is on about Danny who worked at stones, infact I think his dad owns it so guess the sandwich is named after him. One of my two favourite ever budtenders.
macky

Post by macky »

Kermit wrote: Sat 8th Sep 2018 09:37 pm

Off topic, he is on about Danny who worked at stones, infact I think his dad owns it so guess the sandwich is named after him. One of my two favourite ever budtenders.
Thought Danny at Voyagers dad owned stone,s at one time?
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

macky wrote: Sat 8th Sep 2018 11:03 pm
Kermit wrote: Sat 8th Sep 2018 09:37 pm

Thought Danny at Voyagers dad owned stone,s at one time?
Indeed, 8)
Sanchez_

Post by Sanchez_ »

Hasn't been opening in the mornings when visiting this week, looks to have had some soft rebranding to Green B's @ La Grotte (or something similar) otherwise looks the same inside with its space meringue clad walls.
Seen an older lady working on a table with laptop most days when closed, no sign of the largely Italian based team from previous visits (though I've not physically been in)

Looked like it opened after midday on Friday but all other days in the week it was still closed, can only assume it's opening from 4pm onwards for busier night trade?

Sad to not yet have this back as a consistent quiet breakfast spot again, hopefully normal hours for morning opening resume soon
gratakate

Post by gratakate »

I think that is pretty cool
bedge

Post by bedge »

high la grotte now called
Miss B
WLow

Post by WLow »

What they did with this place is actually quite nice, the ceiling is trippy :mrgreen:
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

WLow wrote: Wed 31st Aug 2022 09:11 pm What they did with this place is actually quite nice, the ceiling is trippy :mrgreen:
looks like a miami cocaine cocktail bar
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Marok21

Re: Miss B by La Grotte

Post by Marok21 »

RvanSteensel wrote: Sat 3rd Sep 2022 02:14 pm
WLow wrote: Wed 31st Aug 2022 09:11 pm What they did with this place is actually quite nice, the ceiling is trippy :mrgreen:
looks like a miami cocaine cocktail bar
:lol: true
Free Ben

Post by Free Ben »

Is it still smoker friendly following the rebrand does anyone know? It’s certainly a radical change from the photos I’ve seen on they’re Instagram

Been a few years but it had become part of my routine when visiting to pop here for breakfast on my first morning in the city. Early flight > bug n fly > slam a joint before the food reaches the table! A winning formula in my book
Liam42

Post by Liam42 »

Free Ben wrote: Mon 13th Mar 2023 11:09 pm Is it still smoker friendly following the rebrand does anyone know? It’s certainly a radical change from the photos I’ve seen on they’re Instagram

Been a few years but it had become part of my routine when visiting to pop here for breakfast on my first morning in the city. Early flight > bug n fly > slam a joint before the food reaches the table! A winning formula in my book
Im planning on going there next month so I recently checked the google reviews, there's a pic of an ashtray from 2or3 weeks ago :D
be lucky
Free Ben

Post by Free Ben »

Liam42 wrote: Mon 13th Mar 2023 11:54 pm
Free Ben wrote: Mon 13th Mar 2023 11:09 pm Is it still smoker friendly following the rebrand does anyone know? It’s certainly a radical change from the photos I’ve seen on they’re Instagram

Im planning on going there next month so I recently checked the google reviews, there's a pic of an ashtray from 2or3 weeks ago :D
That’s great, will be interested to hear how you get on 👍
smokseyj

Post by smokseyj »

Do we know if this place is still smoker friendly? And can you still get breakfast here? :)

Use to be a go to spot for breakfast on most days. The breakfast was nothing amazing but good enough.