new trip done

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
bedge

new trip done

Post by bedge »

New trip was as good as it gets.
The journey to MIA (Manchester international airport) is on time and uneventful. Arriving i head for security and brace myself for the mega Q.Only 40 people in front so through in 20mins which was great. Settle down to watch airside ops and getting caffeinated.Flight on time and landed on near runway so only 5mins taxiing rather than the 15-20 mins from the polder.
Get ready for long Qs for visa but cleared in 10 mins.
On to and out of central station and make a right turn down past multi story bike park and over the foot bridge under the underpass, pop out at the top of the single for the short journey to siberie for a bag of berry haze! Disappointed it was not on menu.a gram of super silver haze was my next choice, a nice livener for the walk to my hotel in the rld.After check in i head for a new coffeeshop for me solo for a t&t with mr incognito. On arrival i see mr incognito already there partaking in the goods.
I grab a gram of medium priced haze and we introduce ourselves and decide to try a few more shops.we head to plugxxx was rusland 16.On arival as we queued the previous customer handed over 50 euro took his gag and exited the shop as.the lady bud tender shouted him back for his change that was at least 30 euros.really nice to know they are honest brokers.cant say that for all coffeeshops sadly.
We were given papers. Roaches ,grinder and lighter,great set up for the week now.first class coffeeshop. We then head for oud brug straat for a bag of pinapple chunk from 420.we ground up the weed and rolled a few joints in preparation to smoke it up in the bottle next door.
New rules only pre rolled joints allowed in the bottle! .the rule doesn't make sense to me ,but its their place so its up to them.After a few drinks and some great conversation with mr incogneto we say our goodbyes and agree to check out some of the shops in the suburbs the day after.
Walking back to the hotel, i head down lange nezel and contrast the street from 20+ years ago when the street was full of crack dealers/smokers.
A great first day great smoke and great company.
Best wishes
bedge

jollylittlehun

Re: new trip done

Post by jollylittlehun »

Great report mate, looking forward to day 2. Glad your travel went smoothly.

Can I ask what day and time you got into Schiphol? Hoping I can glide through as quick as you.
bedge

Post by bedge »

High i always try to travel on Tuesdays. i have found it to be the quietest day to travel. my flight was 3pm from manchester arriving about 5pm local time at skipy.
good luck
bedge
kush0la

Post by kush0la »

Thanks for the read. I always like rusland, happy to hear it’s a good spot after name change and or owner change.. 👍
kalima

Post by kalima »

what was it like flying out of Amsterdam... lots of queues or did you get through customs pretty quickly , just I am heading over in a few weeks , and wondered how early I have to be at the airport ?
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Thanks Bedge.

I'll be arriving at Schiphol around 3pm so hopefully I'm lucky.

As for Schiphol departures I was there in April and I was queueing for around 2 hours at Security and cut it real fine for my flight.

When I'm over end of September I'm giving it the full 4 hours before my flight.
bedge

Post by bedge »

High the return trip was even quicker than the outbound trip.
i got to the airport 3 hours before the flight and got a coffee to go, to drink in the q for security. There was no q I had to hang around the security while i drank my coffee!
i find amsterdam security miles faster than in manchester.I found out that amsterdam uses higher tech gear than manchester thats why they dont insist on liquids and electricals being out of bags speeding up the Process.
Mr incognito left on Saturday and messaged me that he cleared security in about 20mins i seem to recall.
i would always check in on line and use the auto bag drop off machine if your airline has the option.
good luck and best wishes
bedge
kalima

Post by kalima »

bedge wrote: Wed 31st Aug 2022 08:38 pm High the return trip was even quicker than the outbound trip.
i got to the airport 3 hours before the flight and got a coffee to go, to drink in the q for security. There was no q I had to hang around the security while i drank my coffee!
i find amsterdam security miles faster than in manchester.I found out that amsterdam uses higher tech gear than manchester thats why they dont insist on liquids and electricals being out of bags speeding up the Process.
Mr incognito left on Saturday and messaged me that he cleared security in about 20mins i seem to recall.
i would always check in on line and use the auto bag drop off machine if your airline has the option.
good luck and best wishes
bedge
cheers for info, yes I shall already be checked in and only have hand luggage... sounds like I will queue more at Gatwick. Glad you had a good trip over there , you certainly covered quite a few shops :D