Solo

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Solo

I like Solo
96%
I don't like Solo
4%

Total votes: 48

Deus

Re: Solo

Post by Deus »

Marok21 wrote: Thu 11th Aug 2022 07:15 pm
Deus wrote: Wed 10th Aug 2022 09:50 pm I agree, the Sensible was far from what I was expecting. It’s been a while since my last purchase, maybe even over 5 years ago. Really miss that unique smell the old batches had. It kind of reminded me of Reserva X from Coffeeshop Anyday many years ago. Well, I would put it in that category anyway (quality wise).
Oh yeah that Reserva X make me really nice memories :mrgreen: . I can only agree with you, I miss that smell of the old genetics, too :cry: :lol: I really like the moroccan hash that was available at that time made out of paki/afhan/indian genetics. At some point the genetics disappeared :? but at Original Dampkring I still found over the last years some hashes that were kind of comparable. They even got hash some time ago that was possibly made out of Paki/Afghan/Indian genetics called "Nadij" which tasted pretty similar to the old stuff :mrgreen: but sadly potency was a bit weaker...
Also the Sensabille had some fire batches over the last years but sadly quality changes from batch to batch. While the quality here is in general more constant than in many other coffeeshops I would say.
Also the Niqa was fire for a period...
Sadly it seems like that right now many batches are not that special (well only the Mantequilla) which is pretty rare at Dampkring but I hope they will get some fire batches as soon as possible :D . Well it will be hard to beat the old Sensabile from years back because of the now dead genetics but the fact that there is still fine classic hash that stands out from the crowd makes me positive :mrgreen:
Deus wrote: Wed 10th Aug 2022 09:50 pm All the other hashes you mentioned sound amazing. I do love a orange strain hash. So, that Tangielato sounds like my cup of tea. Honestly cannot wait for my next trip.

I can definitely recommend the Wedding cake filtered hash! That Tangielato looked also very tempting but sadly I couldn´t try them all :cry: :lol: I have had very good experiences with Coffeeshop Solo especially in terms of newschool hash. I never got really disappointed here and I trust their quality.

Over the last years the quality of newschool hash increased a lot while the oldschool stuff gets less and less... that has pros and cons... on one hand years back there was no hash around that smelled/tastes so crazy like the weed its made from (well Skuff was like that) but on the other hand that unique real hashy taste is nearly dead :? With that newschool hashes you have also more variety in terms of effect in my opinion... but different to the really relaxing effect classic moroccan has on me.
I’m absolutely loving the newschool hash, it’s definitely getting better and better. I consider myself very lucky to be able to get some good examples here in London. But these days I prefer to go to Barcelona now over Amsterdam. So, for the last 5 years I’ve stopped my 4 to 6 visits a year down to one. That’s probably why I keep seeing average batches of Sensible and previous favourites :lol:

Loved the Reserva X (for some reason I keep thinking it was called Reserva Privada) :? Maybe that was something else entirely, it’s been too long :lol:

Really appreciate your recommendations, I always hope you post before I go so I know where the fire is :D

Will make another trip in November.

Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Deus wrote: Thu 11th Aug 2022 08:27 pm I’m absolutely loving the newschool hash, it’s definitely getting better and better. I consider myself very lucky to be able to get some good examples here in London. But these days I prefer to go to Barcelona now over Amsterdam. So, for the last 5 years I’ve stopped my 4 to 6 visits a year down to one. That’s probably why I keep seeing average batches of Sensible and previous favourites
Yeah many people go to Barcelona instead of Amsterdam/NL... it's no wonder because probably the quality is better and of course they have usually much better weather over there 8) but Amsterdams coffeeshop scene is still unique and it´s hard to find any place where you have so much freedom in terms of weed (hopefully it stays that way :D ). I never went to Barcelona so far but I planned to visit Spannabis some years before but then corona came :lol: but it´s still on my list.
Deus wrote: Thu 11th Aug 2022 08:27 pm Really appreciate your recommendations, I always hope you post before I go so I know where the fire is

Will make another trip in November.
Sounds great I really like to visit Amsterdam in that period of the year and I will try to keep the coffeeshop reviews updated :lol: I only hope that they don't unpack these stupid corona rules again when it gets colder :?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
back to topic :D

Lemon Larry OG hash (12€/g) - New Batch. Pretty dark sticky hash. The female budtender told me that it´s more indica than before but it still works for me as a daytime smoke. Light pleasant natural smell of the used genetics and smooth to smoke. I smoked some "sativa" hashes in the past that were pretty similar to the "Lemon Larry OG hash" in terms of consistency like the "AMG Block hash" from Coffeeshop Family First but the Lemon Larry convinces me with its delicious smell of the used genetics. Most others didn´t smelled that pleasant to me. So quality hash :D but personaly I prefer the old crumbly not so sticky batch :roll:
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Tangilato Hash €16/g. Very soft, wet sand consistency. Smelled strongly of orange terps. I had this on a wicked hot day in Amsterdam and it wasn't easy to work with, it's really oily and left my fingers black and sticky. It was easier on the cooler days.
Later in the week,
Hiya Primera €10/g Nice piece of classic blonde morrocan, softened in the hand, medium stone, pleasant.
Malibu OG Gold €12/g Lovely drop this at a good price. Very tasty, like Turkish delight. Sweet
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Lemon Larry OG hash (12€/g) - Still the darker creamier batch. In my last review I said that I prefer the old crumbly batch but but i changed my mind :lol: Very good smell/taste/effect especially for 12€/g. Maybe one of the tastiest dark sticky hashes in that price range that I found over the last months.

Tahoe OG filtered hash (15€/g) - Crumbly brighter colored piece of hash smells nicely of the used genetics. Smell wasn´t super intense but very natural and pleasant to my nose. The hash bubbles very strong when touched by the flame. Taste very well of the used genetics and smooth to smoke. It gave me a strong clean effect very nice :mrgreen:
Overall quality filtered hash liked it :D
HitTheNorth wrote: Fri 19th Aug 2022 01:10 pm Malibu OG Gold €12/g Lovely drop this at a good price. Very tasty, like Turkish delight. Sweet
Was it weed or hash? Sounds very nice. Sadly I didn´t saw it on their menu anymore :?
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Was it weed or hash? Sounds very nice. Sadly I didn´t saw it on their menu anymore :?
[/quote]

Hi Maroc, it was flower. A very unique taste indeed. 👌
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

HitTheNorth wrote: Wed 21st Sep 2022 09:42 am Was it weed or hash? Sounds very nice. Sadly I didn´t saw it on their menu anymore :?
[/quote]

I will keep my eyes open if I see it on a menu :mrgreen:
kalima

Post by kalima »

so I popped in here last weekend when I was over and the super friendly lady bud tender was on shift, not sure if she is the owner, but she is usually there when I have been in . As it was a little later in the day I looked at the indica side, I asked too see the sunset sherbet, which didn't look great, but she immediately said look at this Gary Payton it is so good .... wow , super dense buds with some amazing dark colours in them and absolutely covered in crystals . I haven't smoked this strain before but it smelt amazing...smelt great in the tub but positively reeked when I opened the baggy :mrgreen:
super smooth to smoke , white ash and a lovely hit.. I picked up another gram as I left . probably the smoke of the trip
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

kalima wrote: Wed 28th Sep 2022 09:44 am so I popped in here last weekend when I was over and the super friendly lady bud tender was on shift, not sure if she is the owner, but she is usually there when I have been in . As it was a little later in the day I looked at the indica side, I asked too see the sunset sherbet, which didn't look great, but she immediately said look at this Gary Payton it is so good .... wow , super dense buds with some amazing dark colours in them and absolutely covered in crystals . I haven't smoked this strain before but it smelt amazing...smelt great in the tub but positively reeked when I opened the baggy :mrgreen:
super smooth to smoke , white ash and a lovely hit.. I picked up another gram as I left . probably the smoke of the trip
That Garry Payton (15€/g) is indeed superb stuff like Kalima wrote! My mate got it this weekend and shared a few joints with me. Like Kalima wrote very smooth to smoke with white ash and looks/smells awesome! Very nice grown and I liked it a lot :mrgreen:

The older female budtender also showed us Animal Cookies weed (15€/g) which looked/smelled also pretty outstanding :mrgreen: could also be worth to try it out for sure!
HitTheNorth wrote: Wed 21st Sep 2022 09:42 am Was it weed or hash? Sounds very nice. Sadly I didn´t saw it on their menu anymore :?
[/quote]

Maybe I missed it last time because i thought it was hash for some reason :lol: but I spotted it on the menu this weekend :D but sadly it was temp. out of stock :cry: seems to be a big seller :mrgreen: next time...
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

For recent hash purchases I can certainly vouch for the Tangielato (based off batch[es] purchased about a month before the posting of this comment) and even more so the Tahoe OG.

The Tahoe came into stock ca. three weeks ago, I think in that time they either got a different batch or the change of seasons/temps had a profound effect on consistency and appearance (which often cannot be overstated in the realm of hash-possibilities).

Both batches of the Tahoe were excellent. The first being a bit more soft, wet sand-esque and fudgy. The second having this unique consistency that you see in certain top shelf classic "rockies" (alla Shoe) with a glisten and sheen that's not oily or glossy but sparkly if that somehow makes sense. The new batch is quite firm at current room temps (yeah I ain't turning the heat on till I absolutely have to - fuck you very much Putin) and snaps neatly, but mere seconds of handling it make it readily pliable and malleable (much more so than other hashes, I others have made this claim about in the past, it's that distinguishable on that front).

Nice clean potent buzz and smooth clean taste. This (current batch) of Tahoe OG Filter Hash is something special foe sure...
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Nuggz wrote: Mon 3rd Oct 2022 07:33 pm Both batches of the Tahoe were excellent. The first being a bit more soft, wet sand-esque and fudgy. The second having this unique consistency that you see in certain top shelf classic "rockies" (alla Shoe) with a glisten and sheen that's not oily or glossy but sparkly if that somehow makes sense. The new batch is quite firm at current room temps (yeah I ain't turning the heat on till I absolutely have to - fuck you very much Putin) and snaps neatly, but mere seconds of handling it make it readily pliable and malleable (much more so than other hashes, I others have made this claim about in the past, it's that distinguishable on that front).

Nice clean potent buzz and smooth clean taste. This (current batch) of Tahoe OG Filter Hash is something special foe sure...
I got a bit of that new batch, too :mrgreen: but didn´t smoked much of it yet. Nuggs described both batches perfectly so there is not much more to add :D Great review as always!. Actually I wanted to try the Tangielato hash this time, since I already had the Tahoe OG last time, but when I saw the new batch I went back to the Tahoe OG :mrgreen: and also "Andrea" the bit older female budtender recommended it to me 8) I will write a short review, too when I tried more of it...
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Solo dated October 11, 2022. Thanks to Tokeing Tom.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Solo/Menus/Solo.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
RedGecko58

Post by RedGecko58 »

FlyByNite wrote: Tue 18th Oct 2022 02:17 am New menu for Solo dated October 11, 2022. Thanks to Tokeing Tom.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Solo/Menus/Solo.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite

I’ll finally be back on Friday for the first time in almost 2 years. Looking forward to visiting solo for the first time and trying the higher end Hash.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Last week - only popcorn nugs of the Orange Skittlez (13.50e/g) left but liked the smell so got a g anyway. This was nice, although not sure the addition of the orange beat the cheaper Skittlez I later got from Het Balloonetje. Also got some San Fernando Valley Kush (13e/g), enjoyed this, decent effect. Friendly service from an older lady and a nice chilled out place.
RedGecko58

Post by RedGecko58 »

Solo: Mango pollen is €11/g. First time visiting solo, and as a hash lover, I’d heard good things. The first hash of the trip is a strong, oily hash that is wrapped in greaseproof paper. Very soft and pliable, but actually difficult to work with as it becomes so sticky and leaves the fingers with a sticky residue. I’d initially wanted the Lemon Larry OG ($12/g), but looking at both the mango and the so-mango was better in terms of both look and smell.

It has a lovely, intoxicating smell that I associate with these newer hashes, this smells more like pungent herbal cannabis rather than Moroccan hash, fairly strong too. Enjoyed with a coffee at the window for a couple joints. Great shop, great service, and I will return with my partner.

8.5/10
Atmosphere - First visit to Solo on the back of Marok21 consistent positive reviews. Great reviews mate, thanks for that info. I loved it. Much more chilled out and relaxed that other shops. Limited seating but sitting at the window is excellent. I’d like to spend a bit more time here and try some more of the menu and go at night instead of early morning.
Kushinski

Post by Kushinski »

Solo Tahoe OG Filtered Hash

Hash consistency and smell very good. Effect is physically good for my aching muscles, but unfortunately this hash of head kinda wakes me up a lot, so I can't sleep well. does anyone know this effect on the Tahoe OG Filtered Hash?