Flying visit - 29/9

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
jollylittlehun

Flying visit - 29/9

Post by jollylittlehun »

Hi, folks! I'm coming back to town for around 8 hours on the 29th September.

I've managed to work a nice long layover in Amsterdam on my way to the Nordics. I will hopefully be in town around 5pm and heading back to the airport around 2am for an 8am flight.

Last time I was in Amsterdam I came back with the dreaded Covid. It hit me hard for around 5/6 days. Fatigue, muscle aches and a banging head. Like the flu but I had it worse as a child. Hopefully it's not deja vu this time.

Plan is to head to Siberie first then to Grey Area to pick up some Silver Bubble and then down to De Klos for some ribs. After that I'm heading to Kashmir Lounge for a drink and a smoke. Might stay there until closing or head up to Soundgarden to finish the night before heading back to Centraal for the train back to Schiphol.

I'll do a little live report whilst I'm there.

Tokeing tom

Re: Flying visit - 29/9

Post by Tokeing tom »

Nice little flying visit 😁 enjoy it man 👍
kush0la

Post by kush0la »

Talk about a nice plan of your time. Enjoy. Looking forward to the write up! :mrgreen:
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Thanks.

It was a no-brainer. Transfer time at Schiphol if I just went straight to the Nordics Friday morning is real tight especially with how fucked Schiphol is at the moment. Plus I'm saving basically my spending money on flights by spending the time in Amsterdam on Thursday night.

Who could turn down free time in Amsterdam??

It'll be a pretty basic live report. Couple of half grams from a couple of shops but it's better than nothing. Might be more of a bar report.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Just be aware that the ongoing Schip-show problems also affect the lines of passport control for non-Schengen arrivals, so that could eat up more time than expected, though hopefully not of course...
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Nuggz wrote: Fri 26th Aug 2022 09:46 am Just be aware that the ongoing Schip-show problems also affect the lines of passport control for non-Schengen arrivals, so that could eat up more time than expected, though hopefully not of course...
Yeah my 5pm arrival at Centraal is taking that into account. I've given myself 2 hours to get through passport control. Just got hand luggage and I'll be running off the plane straight to passport control and same to the platform. I can run pretty quick :lol: . I'll buy the train tickets on the NS app too. So fingers crossed.

I'll keep an eye on how it is nearer the time and I can possibly change to an earlier flight if I need to.

34 days to go.

kush0la

Post by kush0la »

Yippeeeeee

Totally agree on who could pass up time in AMS - no place like it!
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

It's honestly my favourite place to be. Holland in general really. Love the people, the architecture and the vibe of the place.

31 days to go.
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

2 weeks from now I'll have just taken off from Edinburgh airport on my way to Schiphol.

Can't wait to be back in my favourite city. Feels longer than 5 months since I was last there.
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

In 7 days time I'll be walking off the plane.

I'm so excited!
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

jollylittlehun wrote: Thu 22nd Sep 2022 02:27 pm In 7 days time I'll be walking off the plane.

I'm so excited!
:D Enjoy your time :D 8)
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Ghost wrote: Thu 22nd Sep 2022 06:23 pm
jollylittlehun wrote: Thu 22nd Sep 2022 02:27 pm In 7 days time I'll be walking off the plane.

I'm so excited!
:D Enjoy your time :D 8)
Thanks Ghost!
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

One more sleep to go!

In 12 hours time i'll be getting ready to head to the airport. Got my euros, charged up my vape and earbuds. Just need to pack my bag.

Will start a new thread in the travelogue section for my live report in the morning.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Have a good one 👍
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Tokeing tom wrote: Wed 28th Sep 2022 10:41 pm Have a good one 👍
Thanks Tom. Cannot wait!

Let's continue the conversation here https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/ ... hp?t=38013