Voyagers

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Voyagers

I like Voyagers
93%
I don't like Voyagers
7%

Total votes: 484

liftedfellow

Re: Voyagers

Post by liftedfellow »

macky wrote: Thu 24th Nov 2022 05:43 am @TT Finding the cheese like old can be done . It,s just getting the right skunk #1 seeds .
The cheese is a pheno , that fact you may have to start a lot of seeds (regular)
But Ya! Cali all the time here to :mrgreen:
I have had some Cali haze/Mexican..my buddy playing with a cut that was brought up by another friend .12 weeks not the longest you have to wait . Shared a joint with guy in Denmark ,after a beer and another joint . He pulls out of his bike a bag of 16 week haze to smell . The weed was just cut down ,grown some where near where we where sitting :wink: CC.
Little off topic ...same thing with this thread ,,Lem may move it
Bye the bye LF central CS is open at 7am and is two hundred meters from central station ......love that on train coming in from airport ....next stop cennnntral station
You'd need proper and not too adulterated Skunk #1 seeds. Then you'd need to find a place and build a collective. Then you should be almost there, depending on your genetic lottery ticket and op scope. Still amazing how many outstanding phenos/genos came out of Skunk #1. Maybe for lack of as readily available on-par alternatives. Exodus Cheese and Blues/Livers would be just two UK hall of famers. List goes on.

The Cali Haze / Mexican sounds enticing and 12w isn't so bad (Mango Biche, anyone?). The 16er sounds wonderful, too. Glad to see ACD luminaries are taking good care of each other!

Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

liftedfellow wrote: Thu 24th Nov 2022 10:35 am
macky wrote: Thu 24th Nov 2022 05:43 am @TT Finding the cheese like old can be done . It,s just getting the right skunk #1 seeds .
The cheese is a pheno , that fact you may have to start a lot of seeds (regular)
I have had some Cali haze/Mexican..my buddy playing with a cut that was brought up by another friend .12 weeks not the longest you have to wait . Shared a joint with guy in Denmark ,after a beer and another joint . He pulls out of his bike a bag of 16 week haze to smell . The weed was just cut down ,grown some where near where we where sitting :wink: CC.
Bye the bye LF central CS is open at 7am and is two hundred meters from central station ......love that on train coming in from airport ....next stop cennnntral station
You'd need proper and not too adulterated Skunk #1 seeds. Then you'd need to find a place and build a collective. Then you should be almost there, depending on your genetic lottery ticket and op scope. Still amazing how many outstanding phenos/genos came out of Skunk #1. Maybe for lack of as readily available on-par alternatives. Exodus Cheese and Blues/Livers would be just two UK hall of famers. List goes on.

The Cali Haze / Mexican sounds enticing and 12w isn't so bad (Mango Biche, anyone?). The 16er sounds wonderful, too. Glad to see ACD luminaries are taking good care of each other!
I totally agree with you guys that it is still possible to bring back these classic strains but as you said macky it would require a lot of seeds to be grown to full term to select the right one to then grow the clones to then be introduced to the right male and so on ...probably take two years before hopefully you have a seed that hopefully represents what you set out to achieve...while possible it would require a lot of grow room space ..this would be possible in Canada with laws like they are but in Europe this would be economic madness for any small/mid grower ...even Arjan roskam greenhouse King of cannabis cannot create exidos cheese to the same quality as it used to be and he has problems with his super silver haze too ...when weed is grown right by the right person doesn't matter what name you put on it ...Commercially amsterdam is what it is and the weed will continue to be named all sort of things.. kind of like and hate it in equal measures...🤷‍♂️
MrKushPuffer

Post by MrKushPuffer »

Tokeing tom wrote: Fri 25th Nov 2022 12:48 am

I totally agree with you guys that it is still possible to bring back these classic strains but as you said macky it would require a lot of seeds to be grown to full term to select the right one to then grow the clones to then be introduced to the right male and so on ...probably take two years before hopefully you have a seed that hopefully represents what you set out to achieve...while possible it would require a lot of grow room space ..this would be possible in Canada with laws like they are but in Europe this would be economic madness for any small/mid grower ...even Arjan roskam greenhouse King of cannabis cannot create exidos cheese to the same quality as it used to be and he has problems with his super silver haze too ...when weed is grown right by the right person doesn't matter what name you put on it ...Commercially amsterdam is what it is and the weed will continue to be named all sort of things.. kind of like and hate it in equal measures...🤷‍♂️

Yes the super silver and the Lemon haze is complete different now since years! What do you Guys think where this comes from? Whats the reason for this Change in the genetics?
Coloniac710

Post by Coloniac710 »

I think that preserving Genetics 20 Years ago was more difficult than today.
Today in the US big Breeders can preserve their Genetics by Tissue Culture, which back in the "criminal" Days was impossible.
10 Years ago there was only Motherplants or Seeds and i can confirm by myself that they are easy to loose in different Circumstancen😪

Also recreating these old Genetics is difficult, as the Landraces have also change with People traveling around and sharing Genetics.
For Example, a good Friend of mine has his origin in Marocco and he told me that a lot of Farmers have changed growing new Genetics instead of their Landraces.
These new Genetics will mix with the classic Once and then its just a matter of Time till the original Landrace is hard to find.

Btw, i still got some 15 Years old Skunk #1 Seeds in the Vault 😁
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

IrishSmoker1916 wrote: Sun 20th Nov 2022 01:12 am
kalima wrote: Sat 19th Nov 2022 02:33 pm
RvanSteensel wrote: Fri 18th Nov 2022 07:35 pm yeah this is what globalism does to us , everything becomes bland
too true as well as destroying independent shops world over... Ⓐ
Those independent shops wouldn't have got destroyed if they had good stuff, terps army and the plug took over shops and the quality was better instantly
Debatable
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Terphunter

Post by Terphunter »

MrKushPuffer wrote: Fri 25th Nov 2022 02:34 pm

Yes the super silver and the Lemon haze is complete different now since years! What do you Guys think where this comes from? Whats the reason for this Change in the genetics?
Had the same experience with the Super Lemon Haze and a few other Strains.
I think the breeder had problems keeping the original Genetics.
Like @Coloniac710 wrote, it is easier to keep the Genetics with tissue culture nowadays
MrKushPuffer

Post by MrKushPuffer »

Terphunter wrote: Wed 25th Jan 2023 01:00 pm

Like @Coloniac710 wrote, it is easier to keep the Genetics with tissue culture nowadays
I asked the guy from piffcoastfarms in the US, who Claims to have real Haze genetics from nevilles in the past. He told me that Most seedbanks went to spain after the goverment banned the producing of seeds in the netherlands in 2012, dinafem started producing the seeds for Most/all the Banks who went to spain. He told me that they do a Lot of Bad Work and Bad breeding, and thats the reason why the Haze is what it is today.

I would kill them If they Killed my genetics :shock:

I dont Know if he's right, but the Part that the most Banks leave the netherlands and went to spain is true i think. My best friend and me was thinking the Same, but we thought that a Lot of motherplants and genetics died because of Police raids after they banned the producing of seeds. Who knows
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

Tokeing tom wrote: Fri 25th Nov 2022 12:48 am ...even Arjan roskam greenhouse King of cannabis cannot create exidos cheese to the same quality as it used to be
bro arjan roskam is a fucking business man , you seriously think he knows anything bout breeding ? lmao
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

easiest answer in the world ; Franco died
MrKushPuffer

Post by MrKushPuffer »

RvanSteensel wrote: Thu 26th Jan 2023 08:55 pm
Tokeing tom wrote: Fri 25th Nov 2022 12:48 am ...even Arjan roskam greenhouse King of cannabis cannot create exidos cheese to the same quality as it used to be
bro arjan roskam is a fucking business man , you seriously think he knows anything bout breeding ? lmao
Word! Fuck arjan and the whole Greenhouse bullshit sucker Ass Crew!!!!
Terphunter

Post by Terphunter »

RvanSteensel wrote: Thu 26th Jan 2023 08:56 pm
easiest answer in the world ; Franco died
Word 💯
R.I.P Franco
MrKushPuffer wrote: Thu 26th Jan 2023 07:11 pm
Terphunter wrote: Wed 25th Jan 2023 01:00 pm
I asked the guy from piffcoastfarms in the US, who Claims to have real Haze genetics from nevilles in the past. He told me that Most seedbanks went to spain after the goverment banned the producing of seeds in the netherlands in 2012, dinafem started producing the seeds for Most/all the Banks who went to spain. He told me that they do a Lot of Bad Work and Bad breeding, and thats the reason why the Haze is what it is today.

I would kill them If they Killed my genetics :shock:

I dont Know if he's right, but the Part that the most Banks leave the netherlands and went to spain is true i think. My best friend and me was thinking the Same, but we thought that a Lot of motherplants and genetics died because of Police raids after they banned the producing of seeds. Who knows
Yes, a lot of breeder moved to Spain. But Spain is not bad! There are a lot of Breeders there who knows what they doing
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

New menu dated February 4, 2023. Thanks to RealFresh187.

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Voyager ... agers.html

Enjoy
Lemming on behalf of FlyByNite
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for Voyagers dated 17 April 2023, submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by Lemming

Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for Voyagers dated 11 August 2023, kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by Jonsen

roberts0928

Post by roberts0928 »

It’s been many years since I visited voyagers and boy has it changed. The last time I was in town they had just put on this awful smoking room which ruined the vibe a bit in my opinion but was still quite a buzzing little shop. Went in last night, menu looked good and was looking for a bed time smoke. The bud tender suggested Wookie so took a gram of that. There were 2 little tables to skin up at which is good so you can prep for in the go as you can’t smoke in here at all. Grabbed a brew and a coffee (tea drinkers be warned, there is no milk and only creamer :? ) we wandered out towards central and found some steps that were soaked in quiet stoners just enjoying the heat and the quiet. Good smoke but not sure I’ll be going back at all. The bud tender was very reluctant to interact, dunno if he was baked or just not interested but doesn’t make me wanna go back again. Sad times!