Spirit

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Spirit

I like Spirit
88%
I don't like Spirit
13%

Total votes: 32

Marok21

Re: Spirit

Post by Marok21 »

manowar wrote: Tue 18th Aug 2020 11:51 am Recently went to The Spirit in the Jordaan area of Amsterdam, quiet area but what a hidden gem this is. Good weed, good music and they've got loads of retro arcade machines and pool tables too. Inspired me for my mancave after seeing the full wall of pinball machines they had, didnt realise how expensive they were! Looking at like 4k per machine but im tempted to get at least one and maybe a pool table. You guys ever been to The Spirit? Why is nobody talking about this place?!
I was there only one time in the past and only for a buy and fly because I had not much time left before I had to leave... the coffeeshop was always on my list especially because of the arcade machines... I don't know why I haven't been there more often :? also their Hassan Zero hash that I tried on my last visit was pretty good quality even if a bit pricey... the coffeeshop is still on my list :D

I wish I had checked out this place more especially before that Covid19 shit :? well it´s still possible to visit the coffeeshop but atm it doesn´t feel so easy going for me as before... hopefully everything will be back to "normal" quickly.

worldcitizen1723

Re: The Spirit arcade coffeeshop

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

manowar wrote: Tue 18th Aug 2020 11:51 am Recently went to The Spirit in the Jordaan area of Amsterdam, quiet area but what a hidden gem this is. Good weed, good music and they've got loads of retro arcade machines and pool tables too. Inspired me for my mancave after seeing the full wall of pinball machines they had, didnt realise how expensive they were! Looking at like 4k per machine but im tempted to get at least one and maybe a pool table. You guys ever been to The Spirit? Why is nobody talking about this place?!

I love this place - have talked about it alot, but of course that was in the late 90's and then for the following 2 decades 🙃. After awhile, one just shuts up. I always spend hours here in the evenings when in the dam. smoking and playing pinball are two of the greatest pleasures of life 😄
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I haven't been to this place for a good few years now, reckon it must be at least 10 'ish', so i am going to make it a must stop when i am over in October, i do love a good old arcade machine and being able to play some pool :D but that also has not been played for at least another 10year. So looking forward to getting back to this shop for a good afternoon of smoking and playing the games. Good Time/Good Vibes :D 8)
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
la2019

Post by la2019 »

They also pulled off the rare feat of remodeling the shop while maintaining (most) of it's original character. (The new logo design tho---not sure what's going on there!) All in all one of my very favorites.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I finally managed to visit the coffeeshop again :mrgreen:

Sadly the pinball room was packed so I decided to only role a quick joint inside but in that short time I could feel that oldschool dutch coffeeshop vibe which is pretty rare nowadays 8)
There works a female budtender which if I'm not mistaken used to work at coffeeshop tweede kamer some years before. She is really knowledgeable especially in terms of hash and gave me some nice suggestions.
She showed me their Beldia (11€/g) and Mandarin Cookies Dry Sift (15€/g) hash which both looked of high quality.

Beldia hash (11€/g) - Nice creamy blonde moroccan hash which gets darker very fast in the baggy. It´s a bit harder but need only a few seconds to get nicely soft. Smells very natural and like a true classic moroccan hash while the smell was not overly strong but pleasant. Intense taste of quality moroccan hash :mrgreen: Good happy stoned effect as well. Overall very good moroccan hash and with 11€/g well priced.

Mandarin Cookies Dry Sift 15€/g - Soft creamy sticky hash darker from the outside and bright inside looked like high quality, too. Bubbles strong when touched by the flame. Pleasant natural kind of fruity smell. Also nice taste of the used genetics while not super intense. Good strong effect at the beginning more sativa but made me relaxed later.

Overall I am really happy with the hashes I got here. Chilled oldschool coffeeshop vibe with a great female budtender. Will be back for sure.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Always one of my favourite places to spend an afternoon, plenty of space in the back, all 6 pinball machines seemed in good working order and pool paid for by time rather than by game is a win (and generally works out at a reasonable price). Over the years have never been extra-impressed with their weed though; iirc on this trip over several visits had some Blueberry (12e/g) that was pretty mediocre, and some Bruce Banner (13e/g) that I think I liked but got a bit lost in the last day mix.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Spirit dated December 1, 2022. Kudos to NachoTheDog46.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Spirit/Menus/Spirit.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Gorilla Glue dry sift hash (11€/g) - Pretty crumbly brighter newschool hash. Bubbled well when touched by the flame. Natural pleasant smell of the used genetics. Smooth to smoke with good taste. It gave me a well balanced effect. Strong enough more on the stony side but not to stong.
Overall good quality drysift hash for 11€/g. Originally I hoped that they still had the Mandarin Cookies hash on the menu but sadly it wasn´t there anymore. That Gorilla Glue hash didn´t looked so tempting at first but as said before I really liked the well balanced stoned effect :mrgreen:

The coffeeshop itself was packed with mostly locals. Very cozy atmosphere :mrgreen: I damn like that place :D
treetop

Post by treetop »

RollexOGKush very nice plus space cake is pure power

Weed mona
Sativa - Indica 1 Gram
5 Gram
STERO
White widow
Indica
€10,00 ПШ 01 €45,00
bags mete
Fast hit long lasting.
Amnesia haze
70% -30%
€10,00
€45,00
Hitting hard, Bam Bam.
Super silver haze
80% - 20%
€11,00
Flavolred haze. Nice taste.
Mimosa diesel cookies
70%-30%
€12,00
€55,00
-Level-headed effects that will lift you up!
Double Rush cake
35% - 65%
812,00 O
€55,00
-Boost your mood and melt away the stress!
Blueberna
20% - 80%
/€12,00
€55,00
- Indica dominant hybrid, sweet and fruity
Bruce Banner d G.
60% 546%7 812,00
€55,00
•Sativa dominant hybrid, hard hit and nice taste
Strawberry milkshake.
50% -50%
€12,50
€57.50
-Strawberry soda crossed with White Fire Alien OG
Purple punch
20% - 80% 1. €13,00
E60,00
-A strong punch to the face! Delicious flavours!
^ Rude Boi OG Kush
40%560%
€13,00 OGLA
€60.00
- Cross of Irene OG and Face Off OG
MAKE
Zucotti
€16,00
€75,00
- Indica dominant hybrid, 31,4% THC < Jamaica weed (1,5 gr.)
- Calm and relaxing, no stress, jahman!
FILOg PR
€10.00
12,5 er.)
Blueberry gruis
20% - 80%
€6,00
€30,00
A nice big bag of weed for a good price!
Mash menu
CALL THE
DOCT OR.
1 Gram
5 Gram
€6,00
€25,00
Pollen
Super pollen
€8,00
€35,00
Amnesia weed hash (Dry sift)
€8,50
€37,50
Gorilla punch cake (Dry sift)
€10,00
€45,00
Beldia hash
€11,00
€50,00
Nepal creme
€11,00
€50,00
Tidshine beldia
€55,00
PremoNeTomes
1 joint
4 joints
Weedioint 0,25 gram
€3,75
€14,00
Weedioint 0,50 gram
€6,75
€25,00
Weed oint 0,50 gram pure
€6,00
€22,00
Pollen joint
€4,00
€15,00
Super pollen joint
€6.00
€22,00
Spirit specials
Rollex OG Kush € 14-
Space cake € 9,-
OLG
FROCE
How much did you produce?
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for Spirit dated 23 June 2023, kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by WhySea.

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Spirit/ ... pirit.html

Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for Spirit dated 5 September 2023, kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by Tokeing Tom :mrgreen:

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Spirit/ ... pirit.html

Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

First time here and what a spot we were very impressed with the size of the place its fairly large in the front and as you go through the glass door to the back it's huge with about 6 or 7 large tables that would fit groups easily it also has the pinball machines all in great working order (the owner also has a pinball machine business ) and a poot table..unfortunately the cloth and cushions are terrible on the pool table

We got some RUDE BOI OG €13 and some AMAZON KUSH €12 we were very impressed with the weed especially the amazon kush which we got 5g for €55 it was strong and had great flavour
We also got some space cakes which says contain 1g of weed ..they definitely had an effect on us and we're probably the nicest cakes I've tasted light and fluffy
Will defo return to this gem of a shop
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Tokeing tom wrote: Wed 27th Sep 2023 08:51 pmFirst time here and what a spot we were very impressed with the size of the place
Yeah, its a great space, not really very many places left in the city like it and one of my favourite places to head to on a rainy afternoon. Photo of the back room from end of last year below (I think there's actually only 4/5 tables but they are indeed pretty large and there's almost always a ton of space).

Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Yes only about 4 big tables looking at this photo but what a great coffeeshop..the day we were there we has the place to ourselves which was unbelievable we played pool and pinball and I honestly can't remember the last time 2 hrs went by in a coffeeshop so quickly 😀
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Great review Tom. O used to love shooting pool and smoking in the Pooldog (now Resin of course). Will have to give Spirit a go next time