The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Plug (formerly Utopia)

I like The Plug
90%
I don't like The Plug
10%

Total votes: 269

FlyByNite

Re: The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Plug dated December 2, 2022. Kudos to NachoTheDog46.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Utopia/Menus/Utopia.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite

Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

My guess is that this menu is for Plug West, based on the prices and background.
Can anyone confirm or deny?
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Looks like the plug xxx (Rusland) to me but think prices are better in plug west and usually a strain called hugo and not so big of a menu I could be wrong 🤔
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

This month:

It has been some years, four to be precise, since this place changed to the Plug.

Time to reminicence.

As predicted by myself no essential change in regards to the Dutch coffeeshop scene was brought to the table.

They as so many new shops focuss(ed) on wiet or supposedly import it from supposedly California and elsewhere which to this very day still is quite uninteresting to me. Roughly before the start of damn Covid pandemic they started to add some interesting items to their menu of hashish though as before that was sadly neglected.

So did they brought it to town? Not at all though one of the pioneers if you want to put it that way, at least to some degree so to speak. Nonetheless this material was around before e.g. in Spain and even some other coffeeshops had it though it was a different marketing back then(not talking about a line of hashish being sold at an other chain here).

Since then I tried mostly all their versions of filtered stuff or static ones or what ever differing in various micron sizes, too. On the expensive side but often quite good quality and I have to mention that despite of their pricing policy I also saw drops in prices which is always positively noted in my book.

Also they took over some other places and probably due to the pandemic they seem to care a bit more about the locals nowadays. Still I don't appreciate chains mostly and it seems quality has gone down a bit, too. Though I can relate and this was sadly foreseeable due to experience with other shops, too Somehow they remind me of the Barneys chain and shit though while there is less quality the Plug on the other hand lacks atmosphere for sitting down while having better product. Still the Plug, no matter which location, isn't too appealing for a longer sit down.

So all in all a shop we frequent since then regularly for scoring and one of my mates being more into wiet claims that their California import is legit but I still don't care about it. The so called Californian was sold before e.g. at Green Place and the same goes for Moroccan hashish with foreign genetics though you can say they brought that up constantly and extensive here.

This time were shown Banana 70u and Fresco Melon 70u for 75€ a gram each(their other location where you can sit down too also carried Mint Mango instead of the latter one for the same price)which both looked inviting but I was after something else so chose Alien Og from whereever for 16€ a gram on reccomendation of the staff.

Obviously blonde filtered resin and while still overall good quality and strong in effect it pretty much lacked taste apart from a generic one coming with those as so many do in this range these days compared to the beginning or careful approaches so this should go for some € less.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

New menu for Plug dated February 4, 2023. Kudos to RealFresh187 who says Gelato Frosted iz Favorit 👌

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Utopia/ ... topia.html

Enjoy
Lemming, on behalf of FlyByNite
MrKushPuffer

Post by MrKushPuffer »

Lemming wrote: Wed 8th Feb 2023 04:18 pm New menu for Plug dated February 4, 2023. Kudos to RealFresh187 who says Gelato Frosted iz Favorit 👌

Enjoy
Lemming, on behalf of FlyByNite
Did anyone tried the Haze Monkeys stuff? They really braggin around with theyre Haze, actin Like they really have awesome Haze on Lock, its all homegrown by themself. Its hard for me to Believe that anyone have good haze :mrgreen: i cant come to Amsterdam at the Moment and i'm afraid to buy from them at Telegram 😂😂
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

CANDYZ
This was my last smoke before leaving for the airport and my first smoke of the day..asked the girl behind the counter for strongest cali she showed me 4 but this stood out , fabulous smell and beautiful looking nugs taste was amazing..€30 a pop takes the piss ...it was top quality
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for The Plug Utopia dated 14 May 2023, kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by Tokeing Tom ^ :mrgreen:

Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for The Plug Utopia dated 5 July 2023, kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by GMan

roberts0928

Post by roberts0928 »

Could not be more gutted by this place. I’m sure for those who didn’t really know Utopia that this place is alright but for me it was a very sad moment. Utopia was always my first and last shop, over 20 trips and I’ve stayed on the hotel, sat in the coffee shop and smoked loads of the weed. It is not the plug which is a chain and I believe are quite heavy with the Cali weeds. We walked in and I could have cried, what was once a lovely, bright, open and welcoming space is now a black hole with very little character and the actual decor makes you wanna leave instantly. The weed I bought was really nice and the bud tender was nice enough however all the old staff have gone. The vibe of this place is gone and obviously it’s a personal opinion but this will not be on my list to return to on any future trips. Really really sad moment!
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

roberts0928 wrote: Sun 10th Sep 2023 06:16 am Could not be more gutted by this place. I’m sure for those who didn’t really know Utopia that this place is alright but for me it was a very sad moment. Utopia was always my first and last shop, over 20 trips and I’ve stayed on the hotel, sat in the coffee shop and smoked loads of the weed. It is not the plug which is a chain and I believe are quite heavy with the Cali weeds. We walked in and I could have cried, what was once a lovely, bright, open and welcoming space is now a black hole with very little character and the actual decor makes you wanna leave instantly. The weed I bought was really nice and the bud tender was nice enough however all the old staff have gone. The vibe of this place is gone and obviously it’s a personal opinion but this will not be on my list to return to on any future trips. Really really sad moment!
✅💔😓
Justintime

Post by Justintime »

I think the only person still working from the old Utopia staff is the bold Asian guy .
GanjaGod

Post by GanjaGod »

That is/was actually the old owner of Utopia
Justintime

Post by Justintime »

I think you’re referring to the Chinese guy . He deffo wasn’t bold though. I should have been a bit more specific - The bold Indian/arab guy
GanjaGod

Post by GanjaGod »

My bad, yes i did, I do know who you mean and he is indeed one of the last reminants