The Dolphins

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Dolphins

I like Dolphins
86%
I don't like Dolphins
14%

Total votes: 153

FlyByNite

Re: The Dolphins

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Dolphins dated September 5, 2021. Thanks to Notsofasteddie.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Dolphins ... phins.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite

FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Dolphins dated December 28, 2022. Thanks to Tokeing Tom.

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Dolphin ... phins.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
codejd

Post by codejd »

Dolphins not doing prepackaged anymore? Nice!

I like the upgraded menu too…
Donkey smell.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

codejd wrote: Mon 2nd Jan 2023 08:48 pm Dolphins not doing prepackaged anymore? Nice!

I like the upgraded menu too…
Yeah they sell by gram according to their menus since 2013. Amazing how fast time goes by :shock:

I also like their current menu with a lot more choice than back in the day. They also work together with Amsterdam Genetics and so they have a lot of stuff on the menu from them especially the hashes. I heard some good things about their
"Lemon Hash" for only 4€/g :shock: I wanted to try that on my last visit but forgot it somehow... maybe next time :D
Last edited by Marok21 on Wed 4th Jan 2023 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Can anyone remember what this shop was called before it was dolphin's I'm sue it was the first shop I visited back in 98 ,I know its been dolphin's for many a year now but if anyone can think back 25 years I'd love to know what the name was ...anyway
RAINBOW RUNTZ
Took a sniff of one or two things and settled on this one ,pretty sweet smell from the tub and dark green purple buds nice nugs ,the bt says it definitely cali ..unfortunately the smell didn't transfere to the taste I'd give it a 6/10
The place itself is quite nice it was busy but we got a comfortable couch downstairs and 2 good coffees .
I will give this place another visit again when the city is not so busy ,I much prefer going on normal Monday morning than a Friday afternoon these days 😊
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Tokeing tom wrote: Wed 4th Jan 2023 01:07 pm Can anyone remember what this shop was called before it was dolphin's I'm sue it was the first shop I visited back in 98 ,I know its been dolphin's for many a year now but if anyone can think back 25 years I'd love to know what the name was ...
You're not thinking of Global Chillage are you? That was nearby (its been Happy Feelings for a long time and couldn't be more unlike what it was before). I'm struggling to remember Dolphins specifically having a different name although I just checked an old, much sellotape'd & annotated BCD map & copy of the rough guide I still have, which are both from 2000, and its not marked on either of them so not convinced I ever went there in the 90's now. I do have one older map somewhere but I'll have to look for it over the weekend lol.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

I have a menu for them in guilders.

So pre 2001 anyway, My shaky memory say 1990 or 91.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
kushy

Post by kushy »

Nice to see a vintage menu!

I can't seem to find anything wrong with the 4e Lemon Hash. The Budtender didn't know why it was so cheap, either.

Dark, fudge-like consistency. More on the sativa side for me. Pressed 0.57g of rosin from the gram, which is pretty decent!
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

kushy wrote: Sat 7th Jan 2023 01:31 pm Nice to see a vintage menu!

I can't seem to find anything wrong with the 4e Lemon Hash. The Budtender didn't know why it was so cheap, either.

Dark, fudge-like consistency. More on the sativa side for me. Pressed 0.57g of rosin from the gram, which is pretty decent!
Nice to hear that it´s legit :D 4€/g is really a bargain. It would be interesting to know what the coffeeshop pay for it maybe 2€/g or less?
I think that Amsterdam Genetics tries to offer the best hash for the cheapest price in town. They are also in competition with coffeeshop Best Friends which sells also very cheap hash mostly to the local customers. Maybe they offer that especially at coffeeshop Dolphins because they want to get more local customers into the shop which was formerly a bit more of a tourist place. Amsterdam Genetics supplies so many coffeeshops so they are probably the biggest player in the game now and are able to offer cheap quality hash like that.
djreign

Post by djreign »

Now I’ve not been here in over 21 years but Sat here now, I’m glad they’ve improved the menu. I have a pic and will send over later.

I went for Lical Hero haze @ £8.50h and Kush Hash @ £5.50.

The haze is a fairy standard haze but I’ve no complaints 😀

Music playing: Rita is Gone - Marcus King Band, Tennessee Whiskey - Chris Stapleton

Oh yeah, weather has been more than a little pony so far but at least I have a balcony
Liam42

Post by Liam42 »

Marok21 wrote: Sun 8th Jan 2023 10:02 am
kushy wrote: Sat 7th Jan 2023 01:31 pm Nice to see a vintage menu!

Nice to hear that it´s legit :D 4€/g is really a bargain. It would be interesting to know what the coffeeshop pay for it maybe 2€/g or less?
I think that Amsterdam Genetics tries to offer the best hash for the cheapest price in town. They are also in competition with coffeeshop Best Friends which sells also very cheap hash mostly to the local customers. Maybe they offer that especially at coffeeshop Dolphins because they want to get more local customers into the shop which was formerly a bit more of a tourist place. Amsterdam Genetics supplies so many coffeeshops so they are probably the biggest player in the game now and are able to offer cheap quality hash like that.
You got very good deal. Im about 99% sure that cheap oily lemon hash was Larry Lemon OG(was a smiley lemon wearing sunglasses driving a car on the sticker) as it matches your description perfectly. Im not sure if its ok to talk about bulk prices here, so i wont mention numbers. The first larry lemons of 2022 were oily but somewhat firm. About a month later there was another batch a bit stickier and a bout 20% cheaper. A couple of months after that the third batch of utterly melted ones were going for around 1/3rd the price of the first batch. You aren't too far off in your price guess(bear in mind Dam buyers should have lower bulk prices than uk buyers). The same thing happened last year with Strawberry Kush and Tangie Banana, both said "American Seeds" on the stickers and both collapsed in price once they melted. For me the noteworthy thing is your cheaper traditional maroc polms aren't much dearer than that cheap larry, but shops seem consistently want to triple their money on it. With many of the dearer filters they are only doubling the cost...althought there are also some places selling sifted semi-dry as filter, thus tripling their money. I think with hash it sometimes is kind of like that saying about wine, 'Spend £4 on wine, ye pay £3 tax and get £1 of wine. Spend £5 a bottle and it's £2 of wine ye get, literally double'.
be lucky
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Newish menu for Dolphins dated 3 April 2023, submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by Anon

Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for Dolphins dated 12 November 2023, kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by Lebowski_duke

Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for Dolphins dated 28 March 2024, kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by Slothy

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/cs-dolphins.html