About ourselves.

Moderators: tuttiflutes, chillers2, Balou

ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Revolutionary War Vet home renovation Go Fund Me

Post by ed the head »

https://gofund.me/c8431cb3
Revolutionary War Vet home renovation

Hello, my name is Ed and I am raising funds to help complete the renovation of Revolutionary War Veteran Williamson Rainey's home in Virginia. Williamson Rainey served 3 tours as a Private in the Virginia Militia, and the property is home to his Daughters of the American Revolution marker. Renovation commenced in 2018 with plaster & lathe removal, termite damage inspection & remediation to walls and floors, porch replacements, chimney removal, residing, window replacement, and kitchen/bath addition plans/permit and rough construction.

We've come a long way, thanks in very large part to the help of many good local Virginia friends. Some new, some old, and all treasured. We have a way to go yet, electric, plumbing, HVAC, sheetrock and fixtures.

It's been a lot of time, a lot of effort, and a lot of expense but all for good cause. Ancestry.com indicates that Williamson's ancestor entered the Virginia colony early as an indentured servant, yet his wife Edith's ancestors include Clarence Washington and Henry Soane making her kin to both George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. When I pause from the labor to reflect, I think I can feel Williamson's approval and it feels good.

If you care to contribute and can afford to help out with this cause, I hope you get the same feeling.

Thank YOU.

He who tries to shine dims his own light