2 Feb til 4 Feb

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Raoul_Duke

2 Feb til 4 Feb

Post by Raoul_Duke »

Solo trip at the end of the week and my first trip abroad since the pandemic!

From London UK. No concrete plans so far but want to do ADam tower, boat ride and Ajax stadium tour as never done these on previous trips. All while high most probably :lol:

My favourite CS is 1e Hulp but only visit Amsterdam every 2-3 years so I try to go to some new ones when I am back. I also love Kokapelis with the 'trip' lounge area at the back.

If anyone is in town and wants to hang out let me know.

The-Secret-Smoker

Re: 2 Feb til 4 Feb

Post by The-Secret-Smoker »

Have a enjoyable trip :D
Raoul_Duke

Post by Raoul_Duke »

Cheers :D
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Have a good time.

When you're down at the Ajax Arena would you be up for checking out Roots coffeeshop? It look's quite cool and I'm definitely going to check it out when I'm there in March.

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/RootsAms.html
Raoul_Duke

Post by Raoul_Duke »

jollylittlehun wrote: Tue 31st Jan 2023 02:32 am Have a good time.

When you're down at the Ajax Arena would you be up for checking out Roots coffeeshop? It look's quite cool and I'm definitely going to check it out when I'm there in March.

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/RootsAms.html
Hey yo! Looks superb and is right next to the station so I'll check it out. Want a photo of the menu? Will be doing the stadium tour on Friday afternoon.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

It would be great if people could post menu pics on here or email them to Lemming for him to put them up on this site
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Yeah that would be great. Post it up here please.
Raoul_Duke

Post by Raoul_Duke »

I'll try take pics of menus. Some staff can be funny about this in the past though
Raoul_Duke

Post by Raoul_Duke »

Anyone got any personal recommendations for CS and smoke bars?

Like I mentioned 1e Hulp is usually my go to but feel like I should branch out and try new places.

As someone suggested Roots by the stadium is now on my list as well as Sibrie as I've seen positive things about the place on here.

Anyone recommend bud or hash too?

I haven't smoked anything for about 13 months because I have been able to buy imported cartos (vapes). I'm surprised these are not available in the NL still.

Only in Amsterdam for 2 nights then Belgium for 2 nights so I will probably buy two different strains (1g each). Usually buy hash as it's hard to find in UK these days but last visit in 2020 I didn't enjoy any of the hash I bought. All gave me headaches.

Usually enjoy a sativa when in Amsterdam as I like to be on the move but may get an indica this time.

Appreciate any personal recommendations 😸
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Best thing to do is ask about taking a pic of the menu. Worst they can say is no. My last few visits no one has had a problem with me taking a pic of the menu.

Get over to Siberie, in terms of vibe it's probably my favourite coffeeshop now. Product is decent too.

If you want a really nice sativa leaning hybrid pop over to Grey Area and try their Silver Bubble. It's an amazing happy, relaxing yet energetic buzz. My favourite strain of all time.

Where are you staying and what do you look for in a coffeeshop? I'll make more recommendations.
Raoul_Duke

Post by Raoul_Duke »

Thanks for the reply and the tips!

Staying on the Singel so definitely going to Siberie as it looks like it's a short walk away :twisted:

Got a bad experience with Grey Area so I'm reluctant to go there but that Silver Bubble does sound good so maybe I need to put that bad experience to bed. Is Siberie ok with just buying a drink in there to smoke or do they request you must smoke their own?

As I'm going solo I'm just looking for a nice chill-out area to smoke. This is why I liked 1e Hulp in the past although my last visit in 2020 was the first time I've seen it really busy and had a different vibe than previous visits. The smoke bars I've been to before have been Hill Street Blues and Bones & Co but found it too hectic/loud music which killed my buzz. I've marked The Black Dog and Cafe Batavia on my map as don't think I've been to either before.

Actually, I may just use Kokopelis as they've been fine with me smoking in the trip area as long as I bought a drink or something.

I will be rolling joints with tobacco though and reading some recent reviews on this forum it sounds like I may be forced to smoke in the street only with the no-tobacco policies.
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Siberie would probably be ok with you buying a drink and smoking your own.

Can I ask what the bad experience was? The silver bubble is worth the visit.

Bagheera have a Lemon Bubble which is a cross of Silver Bubble as an alternative. I had it when highlyblessed was at Voyagers. Nice smoke.
I believe it's his own strain from his company phenofinders. He's now at Bagheera.

Amnesia, Paradox, La Tertulia, 420 are all close by and are nice places to chill out too.

As for rolling with tobacco, if you're discreet about it no one will know. Keep packs off the table. I was told that by loads of places when I used to mix.

Maybe try The Flying Dutchman for a place to drink and smoke or Sound Garden. If you want a little trek go to Kashmir Lounge, again it's worth it. Great atmosphere, reasonably priced drinks and allowed to smoke a joint inside. Can't ask for much more. It's kind of like old 1e Hulp but with alcohol.

Todays the day! Have a great time!

If you can do a little live report.

Writing this has got me buzzing for March.
Raoul_Duke

Post by Raoul_Duke »

Hey thanks again for the tips! Hugely appreciated.

Grey Area bad experience was being treated like crap by the staff which was my first ever visit to a Dutch coffeeshop. It was the first one I targeted because of the reputation not only online but from friends who had been to Amsterdam. Maybe I just caught them on a bad day but put me off going back again.

I think I may have been to Kashmir lounge before. Name rings a bell. I'll add it to my map.

Will try to do as much live reporting as possible. Only trouble is I can't access this website on my 4G/5G for some reason so will have to be when I have WiFi.

Lemon bubble sounds good too. Added bagheera to the list. Need to make a decision about what bud to buy as I will only buy 2 strains 1g of each because I'm only here for 2 nights then 2 in Belgium. Will probably bring some with me there but will be low-key.

The ideal trip would be a whole week in the NL. Did it once in 2016 where I went to Amsterdam, Alkmaar, Haarlem, Den Haag and Rotterdam on a coffeeshop and vape shop crawl. The latter was work related at the time for wholesale networking. Coffeeshops were a whole different experience outside Amsterdam 😅 but appreciated the lower prices and staying a whole week I got to try a lot of different strains 👌

Will put some tobacco in an empty snus can I have on me so thanks for the heads up. I only roll small thin joints these days when solo.

Just whizzing through Belgium on the train right now. Can already smell the sweet terpenes :P
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

I've had similar experiences in Green Place and Popeye's with rude and ignorant budtenders. I've been in to Green Place since and didn't have a problem. Try not to let one bad experience ruin many potential good ones.

You'll need to contact your phone network and they will remove the parental lock from your phone to view all sites on mobile data. Either call them or go on their site to do it. Some networks it does it straight away other times it takes a day or so.

You could also download opera beta browser and turn on the VPN to bypass the parental lock. Or any VPN really.

That 2016 trip is right up my street. How was Alkmaar? One of these days I'm going to do a week or possibly 2 week long tour of the whole of Holland.

I'm so excited for you. You're going to have a great time.

Just read your other post about canal tours. I've used Lovers. Not as romantic as it sounds. Would recommend. Less than 20 euros for an hour or so. I think you've just missed the lights festival though
Raoul_Duke

Post by Raoul_Duke »

jollylittlehun wrote: Thu 2nd Feb 2023 02:03 pm I've had similar experiences in Green Place and Popeye's with rude and ignorant budtenders. I've been in to Green Place since and didn't have a problem. Try not to let one bad experience ruin many potential good ones.

You'll need to contact your phone network and they will remove the parental lock from your phone to view all sites on mobile data. Either call them or go on their site to do it. Some networks it does it straight away other times it takes a day or so.

You could also download opera beta browser and turn on the VPN to bypass the parental lock. Or any VPN really.

That 2016 trip is right up my street. How was Alkmaar? One of these days I'm going to do a week or possibly 2 week long tour of the whole of Holland.

I'm so excited for you. You're going to have a great time.

Just read your other post about canal tours. I've used Lovers. Not as romantic as it sounds. Would recommend. Less than 20 euros for an hour or so. I think you've just missed the lights festival though
Ah damn saw this too late would have tried that lovers Canal tour as it was right near my hotel. Next time!

Alkmaar was an experience 😄 I remember it had a old fashioned railway station which was cool. I had gone via train from Amsterdam. The walk from the station to the city centre was long about a good 20 minutes. The only two vape shops there ar the time were rubbish too so just remember pottering around the city centre for awhile. Nice cathedral and picturesque canal as like most places in NL.

Coffeeshops weren't that many from what I remember. I don't think I saw any in the centre. Did go to one on the walk back to the station and it was a similar set up to the ones I went to in Rotterdam. They'd let me buy and go but not through the doors to sit, down and smoke. I was the only white bloke there and like a few in Rotterdam seemed surprised I was there. Did buy some good morrocan hash for really cheap compared to Amsterdam prices at the time.

In 2020 I went to Groningen and Leeuwarden. Loved Groningen, very cool vibe and not that busy. Some lovely coffeeshops too that were welcoming to chill in as a tourist. Would love to go back someday.

Still not been to Utrecht, Eindhoven and more western places yet so still more to visit :twisted: