Het Ballonnetje

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Ballonnetje

I like Ballonnetje
95%
I don't like Ballonnetje
5%

Total votes: 81

timbo

Het Ballonnetje

Post by timbo »

ACD page: https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/Ballonnetje.html

I've heard wicked things about the coffeeshop 'Het Ballonnetje' which is up on the Roetersstraat opposite the university. It supposed to be one of the best places to visit if you fancy a quieter and more relaxing vibe away from the centre. Was just wondering if anyone has been there at all recently as I can't wait to go IN 34 DAYS! :D

Clothehouse is all u need when u got love. Woodstock 69!
Doody

Post by Doody »

Hey,

Yeah, I was there in the past year, actually back in June. It is my favorite shop for years now. So laid back!!! See my reviews in the ACD web site. Anyways, Ballonnetje has many teas to choose from if you're into that, the gal that is usually there is very nice and makes great coffee drinks as well. Try the Looza fruit nectars, great to go along with your buds. Their weed prices are very reasonable, 6.80 euro a gram for most vareties, and they now have several hash types to choose from, I suggest the Dutch Delight or Blonde Morocan. For weed try the White Russian, Ice, or Gronic if they have it. Trust me, it is well worth it to go to Ballonnetje, go upstairs and check out the cozy balcony, then chill outside on the terras. Oh, I will warn you, roll your joints inside, they don't like you to roll outside or use pipes etc., joints only on the terras, inside everything is fine. You will definately have a great time here. The staff is very nice, good music, simply one of the best to chill in. It can get full however, more so in the evenings. Go check it out and leave me an update!!! Have fun!!!

Doody 8)
Have a great day!!!

Doody
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Yep, it's a brilliant shop. I moved this topic to the reviews section. Hope you don't mind.
timbo

Post by timbo »

No probs about moving the post Lemming, makes sense to be in this section. Cheers Doody for giving me the lowdown I'll let everyone know how I get on. Hopefully there will be a couple of gorgeous university chicks there to brighten up the day when I go. :D
Clothehouse is all u need when u got love. Woodstock 69!
Firefly315

How do you get there?

Post by Firefly315 »

Hey,
Which trams stop near there? It sounds like a great shop, so I would love to check it out next time I go to Amsterdam.
Thanks a lot,
Cathleen
Boner

Re: How do you get there?

Post by Boner »

Firefly315 wrote:Hey,
Which trams stop near there? It sounds like a great shop, so I would love to check it out next time I go to Amsterdam.
Thanks a lot,
Cathleen
Looks like its the 6, 7 or 10 tram that runs the closest, hopefully in 3 weeks today!!! I'll be in Holland and when I get back I'll be able to tell you 100% which tram is closest!!
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Firefly315

Het Ballonnetje

Post by Firefly315 »

Hey Boner,
Thanks a lot! Have fun on your trip :D
Cathleen
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Full tram details are on the site:

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/Ballonnetje.html
Firefly315

Het Ballonnetje directions

Post by Firefly315 »

Hi Lemming,
Thanks a lot for the link.
Cathleen
BillyfromUSA

Post by BillyfromUSA »

If you find yourself in this part of town, by all means stop in. I went to see a show at the Carre Theater earlier this year and it is fairly convenient for that.
Boner

Post by Boner »

Dropped in over xmas, loved the frogs and the NL Ice @ €9 a gram is worth going for.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
courtjester

Post by courtjester »

Loved this place. Het Ballonetje and Rusland are sister shops, with identical drink and weed menus, and arguably the best selections of teas in the city. Mrs. C.J. rates the coffee milkshakes 10/10. We had the Jack Herrer here (1g/E6.80), and it was typically spectacular. But if you go upstairs, be careful, they're ridiculous, even by A'dam standards!
peachy

HET BALLONNETJE

Post by peachy »

always visit this shop first when in amsterdam opposite university weesperplein metro stop just round corner. got 5g of crystal (weed) for 35 euros nice smoke. quiet when went in, so had quick blast on my pipe outside on small tableschairs, then off to katsu. Steep stairs but nice waitress serving drinks
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Dropped in last week ,the White Russian at 7 or so a gram was very nice . Place was kinda quiet ,with local folk . Nice shop.
mr morrell

Post by mr morrell »

Sound little local's type shop away from the hecticness. Relaxed vibe with a few people playing games (there's a house chess etc...), cheaper drinks than in the centre and a good menu with a few different bits on there. We ended up getting a couple of grams of Cherry Bud for 15 euros, which was another smooth smoke with a slightly fruity taste. If you're anywhere near the area its well worth an hour or so of your time, and if your place is nearby, its a good local.
John Steed