Eastwood

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Eastwood

I like Eastwood.
100%
I don't like Eastwood.
No votes

Total votes: 5

Lofrequency

Eastwood

Post by Lofrequency »

ACD Page: Eastwood

After problems with "lightweight" deals from certain coffeeshops in town, this morning I went back to the old favourite Eastwood and of course it was no shock that the great "superskunk" I bought (€12.00 for 2.5g) weighs in bang on the button.

It may not be one of the nicest looking coffeeshops and the menu not the biggest, but i'm always given a happy greeting and the skunk always has the desired effect.
If you're a hash fan, Eastwood has a local reputation for selling some pretty decent brown stuff too @ around €6.00 for a g. :D

Get on bus 22 or 43 - jump out at the windmill (stop in for a beer if they're open) and Eastwood is just one minute away.

Do yourself a favour - explore Amsterdam properly, not just the centrum...
Last edited by Lofrequency on Sun 19th Aug 2007 05:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Como

Post by Como »

Eastwood seems well worth a visit when I'm in town in 2 weeks time. :wink:
Lofrequency

Post by Lofrequency »

Forgot to mention - Eastwood will also do you a nice deal on a €25 bag too - 5.5g
Not bad eh..?

:lol: Don't smoke it all at once!!! :lol:
Como

Post by Como »

Lofrequency wrote:Forgot to mention - Eastwood will also do you a nice deal on a €25 bag too - 5.5g
Not bad eh..?

That is a very good deal for that price.... approx. £18 (GBP) for 5.5g!! :D
Boner

Post by Boner »

Como wrote:
Lofrequency wrote:Forgot to mention - Eastwood will also do you a nice deal on a €25 bag too - 5.5g
Not bad eh..?

Yep thats a good deal but in my opinion the White Melon has to be the deal in Amsterdam - 2.5 grams for €11
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Como

Post by Como »

Boner wrote:
Como wrote:
Not bad eh..?

Yep thats a good deal but in my opinion the White Melon has to be the deal in Amsterdam - 2.5 grams for €11
Where can you find this cracking deal? :shock:
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Eastwood is in the vicinity of the Tropen Museum /Ooster Park ...if you get off the 9 / 14 tram at the Tropen Museum walk down the Mauritskade along that outer Singel (you'll see the Molen,you'll see CS Happy People on the corner of Dapperstraat ) cut up Dapperastraat -a market street, somewhat like the Cuyp,take the 1st left, its in that block somewhere . We stayed in that area a year or two . Remember Eastwood as a tiny place -last there in 03 I think -with a couple tables outside and a good bit of ,I guess, local in and out traffic. Not really a hang out shop,but it sounds like they have good deals these days.
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

Eastwood is in the vicinity of the Tropen Museum /Ooster Park ...if you get off the 9 / 14 tram at the Tropen Museum walk down the Mauritskade along that outer Singel (you'll see the Molen,you'll see CS Happy People on the corner of Dapperstraat ) cut up Dapperastraat -a market street, somewhat like the Cuyp,take the 1st left, its in that block somewhere . We stayed in that area a year or two . Remember Eastwood as a tiny place -last there in 03 I think -with a couple tables outside and a good bit of ,I guess, local in and out traffic. Not really a hang out shop,but it sounds like they have good deals these days.
Excellent intellingence, thanks for the summary. I will go to Eastwood next time. If there's market, all the better :-)
Lofrequency

Post by Lofrequency »

Epsilon wrote:Eastwood is in the vicinity of the Tropen Museum /Ooster Park ...if you get off the 9 / 14 tram at the Tropen Museum walk down the Mauritskade along that outer Singel (you'll see the Molen,you'll see CS Happy People on the corner of Dapperstraat ) cut up Dapperastraat -a market street, somewhat like the Cuyp,take the 1st left, its in that block somewhere . We stayed in that area a year or two . Remember Eastwood as a tiny place -last there in 03 I think -with a couple tables outside and a good bit of ,I guess, local in and out traffic. Not really a hang out shop,but it sounds like they have good deals these days.
Or - like I said before, get the 22 or 43 bus from Centraal Station, hop out at the windmill, look down the road in the direction the bus is travelling and there it is complete with metal grill on the windows and small Eastwood sign lit up and sticking out of the wall.

Your right Epsilon - it's not really a place to hang out (unless you're Moroccan perhaps) - They did have a small bar inside which closed over a year ago but now there's a small wooden kiosk just inside the door (ring the bell to get in) where you can purchase your smoke. :D

*TIP*
Ask for the bigger deals as they're not on the menu.

I'll maybe take some photos tomorrow (if I remember to take the camera out) and post them here - watch this space...
Boner

Post by Boner »

Como wrote:
Boner wrote:
Como wrote: That is a very good deal for that price.... approx. £18 (GBP) for 5.5g!! :D
Where can you find this cracking deal? :shock:
Mellow Yellow/The Noon, they also do a very nice Blueberry 5 grams for €25.

Another good deal is the Ice from Softland, again 5 grams for €25, I believe that they do any 5 grams off the menu for the same price as well!
Como

Post by Como »

Boner wrote:Another good deal is the Ice from Softland, again 5 grams for €25, I believe that they do any 5 grams off the menu for the same price as well!
Cheers Boner, is it this place... http://www.thenoon.net/
Boner

Post by Boner »

Como wrote:
Boner wrote:Another good deal is the Ice from Softland, again 5 grams for €25, I believe that they do any 5 grams off the menu for the same price as well!
Cheers Boner, is it this place... http://www.thenoon.net/
Yep thats The Noon, I found it to be a little too local for me (got some strange looks one evening and wasn't enchouraged to stay at all) which is why I'd recommend http://www.mellow-yellow.nl/ instead, they've redone the inside out, its all modern wood/leather seats/chrome, they have a huge room at the back and a downstairs with a pool table, they also have a Volcano (the blueberry kicked my ass in the Volcano)
Como

Post by Como »

Mellow Yellow, I was there a couple of years back before it was taken over by the Noon. The girl and I got some nice space cake there from the friendly bud tender. Excellent place, a little of the beaten track if I remember correctly!?
Lofrequency

Post by Lofrequency »

Took a couple of pics this morning :

http://192.148.252.25/~reatta/Menus/Eas ... 42006.jpeg

:D btw
The skunk they have today seems particularly strong - pass the munchies please...
Lofrequency

Post by Lofrequency »

Eastwood will be closed from Mon 19th until Mon 26th of March.
BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
:lol: