First smoking trip booked!

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Hammy

First smoking trip booked!

Post by Hammy »

Hey everyone, just joined up and thought I might as well post my plans for my upcoming trip to Amsterdam in August. Despite being in the middle of my A-level exams at the moment it is becoming increasingly difficult to concentrate on anything other than planning for this trip such is the excitement!

Although only a little-un (in age, not size :P) I'm hardly a newbie smoker, but definitely not a veteran. Limited funds (maximum £40 a week) and weak green are the only things preventing me blazing all the time. It is mainly due to the weak product around here that me and my mates are determined to avoid the tourist hangouts and crap weed and search out some of the best weed and hash that Amsterdam has to offer.

Although this isn't the first time I've been to Amsterdam (went with parents a few years ago), it will be the first time I will be going into any coffeeshops. Me and two mates (so effectively 3 Amsterdam virgins) are in town from the 21st-24th of August to celebrate our A-level results (good or bad, they're out the day before we leave).

During our stay we're in the Amsterdam cribs apartmenty/hostely place on Oude Hoogstraat, just down the road from the Cannabis and Hemp Museum (has anyone stayed here? Any good?)

My current list of coffeeshops to visit is huge, as is the list of strains I want to try so I'll post my top 5 of each:

Coffeeshops:
1. The GreenPlace
2. de Kuil/420 cafe
3. Amnesia
4. Grey Area
5. Mellow Yellow

Strains:
1. Chocoloupe (sp?)
2. Super Silver Haze
3. Neville's Haze
4. L.A. Con
5. Terminator

Basically just wanted to share this with you, if anyone has any other ideas as to other places to visit and other strains to try please do fire away.

There were only a couple of questions I wondered if someone could help me with. First of all what are the best bars that allow marijuana smoking? Me and one of the mates I'll be with can't go without a nice cold beer with a nice spliff at least once every session. Secondly, which would you say was the best area/coffeeshop for sativas or sativa dominants? Coz all we get around here is low grade, indoor grown, improperly dried, not properly trimmed, damp and tasteless indicas so I really want to try some top quality sativa buds.

Cheers for reading (this essay, my god!),
Hammy

Sky

Post by Sky »

You will definitely find what you are looking for at the shops that you listed. They are all high quality shops.

Check the "Strains" category of this Forum and you will get a good idea as to what current strains are hot and being talked about.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

I would add Paradox (5e deals), Dampkring II, Old amsterdam and katsu to the list.

Weed wise if its good HGF Cheese, Softlands White smurf was okay last trip, and White cheese @ old amsterdam was okay. TBH most the weed last trip was good so i could go on 4 ever, keep an eye on travel reports B4 your trip and that should give a good indication of what is currently good.

I dont drink booze so cant help with that but most will say 2 go 2 NES

Have a good trip, i think i miss you by a week 8)
StonedSince67

Re: First smoking trip booked!

Post by StonedSince67 »

Hammy wrote:First of all what are the best bars that allow marijuana smoking?
welcome to the forum

for a beer and smoke i like barney's uptown on haarlemerstraat

for sativa news there is a topic currently active in the forum
Hammy

Post by Hammy »

Sky: thanks for that mate, will check out that section again.

Kermit: Had heard good things about Paradox, Dampkring II and Katsu. Will probably check out Old Amsterdam on our way to Rembrandt Plein at some point. Also Nes was probably gonna be our first port of call for beer and spliff as it's just down the road from us.

SS'67: Cheers! Barney's uptown sounds like a plan when we're up checking Barney's out at some point (even if it is overpriced!). Cheers for the link to the sativa thread as well.

The only other question is: what sort of weather should I be expecting at the end of august? Still summery or heading towards Autumnal? Last time I went it was February and bloody freezing, so I hope it's a tad warmer this time round!
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Hammy wrote:in town from the 21st-24th of August
I have posted you on the August Whos In Town page.

You can see who else may be in town during your stay.

By default I link your posting to your profile page here on ACD.

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/profi ... le&u=34487

I can change it to a web link, or an email address if you want.

First timers get my S G Collins recommendation

How not to get hit by a bike and other stuff they forgot to tell you about Amsterdam.

Feel free to browse the menus on the Coffeeshop Menus page for a little pre shopping..

Enjoy
FlyByNite - Travel preference, not business practice

Coffeeshop Frog Hollow <---Clicky
home of the
Whos In Town <---Clicky
and
Coffeeshop Menus <---Clicky
pages.
Dambuster

Post by Dambuster »

im stayin in the adam cribs on wednesday for bout a week so ill let ya know wot its like, wot room u got booked?
Trips to Dam: 11/08 - 06/09 - 11/10
liquidSwords

Post by liquidSwords »

I would try and get to Homegrown Fantasy at some point, Their Cheese is normally top draw, and if you can get a seat in Grey Area or Tweede Kamer its worth popping in them shops :-)

Have a good trip mate
Excuse me while I light my Spliff.....
Dambuster

Post by Dambuster »

seat in grey area? :lol:
Trips to Dam: 11/08 - 06/09 - 11/10
StonedSince67

Post by StonedSince67 »

FlyByNite wrote:First timers get my S G Collins recommendation

How not to get hit by a bike and other stuff they forgot to tell you about Amsterdam
important: reading this is absolutely essential for your safety walking around amsterdam, all sorts of traffic and not just the mad bikes come at you from everywhere and getting hit by something will ruin your day, so please read this document

and have a great time ...
Hammy

Post by Hammy »

First of all cheers for the replies.

Dambuster: Nice one, we have the 3 single beds room booked... believe it was called Northern Lights, looked pretty cool with bongs etc provided and a pretty central location. If you could let me know how you found it when you get back that'd be awesome!

liquidswords: Cheers for that mate, is that the one shutting down though? I was definitely gonna try and check out Tweede Kamer as well, even if it is the same menu as the other Dampkrings I think the surroundings may be better.

SS'67: Ye I've already read through that from a previous post. I've already been to Amsterdam before anyway and well aware of how crazy some of the cyclists and moped riders can be. Saw someone get knocked down last time I went, not pleasant to watch.
liquidSwords

Post by liquidSwords »

Hammy wrote:First of all cheers for the replies.

liquidswords: Cheers for that mate, is that the one shutting down though? I was definitely gonna try and check out Tweede Kamer as well, even if it is the same menu as the other Dampkrings I think the surroundings may be better.
Homegrown Fantasy is closing down at some point, but as far as i've been told it wont be until at least the end of the year. Have a good trip mate :-)
Excuse me while I light my Spliff.....
DredJoe

Post by DredJoe »

I was going to post up my travel details.. though I realized Hammy beat me to it! :D
Iko

Post by Iko »

"5. Terminator"

I beleve this is exclusive to Basjoes , correct me if im wrong.
Once In A while You Get Shown The Light
PirateRaff

Post by PirateRaff »

When hitting gray area, if you want a cool up and about smoke go for the nepalese cream. MWAH!
If your pee is clean you are a cop!