what does this mean

Dutch language.
mazdog

what does this mean

Post by mazdog »

"IK WILL HAKKEH"

I hear that alot in some of the dutch techno i listen to.

BluMing

Re: what does this mean

Post by BluMing »

mazdog wrote:"IK WILL HAKKEH"

Well I think this is dutch slang. I understand its meaning to be to move to the beat of the music. Like when you hear all the boom boom from the base, etc. Otherwise it can literally mean to bounce on the floor or other meanings to chop something and I don't think that is what this particular sentence pertains to. ;)

Maybe Claud can fill us in more or give a better translation?
Firefly315

Post by Firefly315 »

Hey Mazdog,
Ik will hakkeh = Ik wil gakken. (w's are pronounced like we pronounce v's) Ik is pronounced as we would pronounce ick (y).
gakken --- to cackle (which sounds like hakkeh)

If I'm pronouncing it correctly, I found a word that the word gakken means to cackle.

FYI: In Dutch every single g is pronounced as we would pronounce an h in English. So, if you hear a word that seems to begin with an h, it could be pronounced as an h. G and H are very similarly pronounced in Dutch. They sound the same to my English speaking ears.

Also, the n on the end of the infinitve form of the verb (gakken) is not pronounced in the Amsterdam area, and I think a lot of other parts of the country. Some Dutch people pronounce the final n on the end of infinitives, but the people singing this song do not pronounce it. That’s why it sounds like eh to you at the end of the word.
Cathleen
Firefly315

Post by Firefly315 »

Hi Mazdog,

I just found another verb.
hakken --- to chop

Cathleen
Doog

Post by Doog »

mazdog wrote:"IK WILL HAKKEH"

:shock: Dutch Techno? That's the really heavy banging stuff isn't it? That stuff must mix in really well within a smoking environment.

Perhaps there will be some sort of language translator out there on the world wide web that could help you.

I used to listen to dance/techno but the last album of that type that I bought was Music For The Jilted Generation by The Prodigy (round about 1994) and I've matured since then. I find that I listen to older styles of music as I get older.

I could still give MFTJG a whirl though. Was a superb album and then they got crazy with all the Firestarter shit and I just gave up totally.
mazdog

Post by mazdog »

yep i love the really really hard stuff, the stuff that even the dutch raver guys consider hard.
Hardcore, gabber, breakcore, noise etc. The Dutch are masters of hardcore, hence the dutch label "Masters of Hardcore" :lol:
Doog

Post by Doog »

I'm glad I wasn't around any places that were playing that kind of stuff when I was in Amsterdam because I find that music to be insane and when I get into certain conditions (stoned) I honestly come close to pissing myself laughing at it.

The same applies to most of the heavy metal bands around these days with the fast drums and the distorted guitars and vocals. Absolutely hillarious.
Obelix

Post by Obelix »

You'll have to be more descriptive on the last word. 'Ik wil' means 'I want' though.
Get with the fucking program already!
SteveVS

Hakken?

Post by SteveVS »

Gek is a common Dutch word for crazy. Maybe ik wil gekken??? Does that make sense? Or Ik wil gek't?
Antonio Peri

Post by Antonio Peri »

I hope it doesn´t mean the same like: "ick will neuke.." what means: "I want to fuck!"

You always hear this in Techno-Clubs?
SoulRider

Post by SoulRider »

I know this is a bit of Threadromancy....

I have an album called 'Hardcore Terror Volume One The Dutch Masters'

On this album is a track with this chant on it. The track is called 'Ik Wil Hakke!' and is by 'Body Lotion'

I believe this is the word we are trying to find. I believe it means I want to chop, literally, but I think the word itself has undertaken a slang meaning in the Hardcore scene and relavant to dancing or something. Not entirely sure.
Just trying to be 'En Vogue'
Viking Weed

Post by Viking Weed »

chal.nikkal

Post by chal.nikkal »

I'm glad I wasn't around any places that were playing that kind of stuff when I was in Amsterdam because I find that music to be insane and when I get into certain conditions (stoned) I honestly come close to pissing myself laughing at it.???
Last edited by chal.nikkal on Fri 23rd Jan 2015 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RvanSteensel

Re:

Post by RvanSteensel »

Firefly315 wrote:Hey Mazdog,
Ik will hakkeh = Ik wil gakken. (w's are pronounced like we pronounce v's) Ik is pronounced as we would pronounce ick (y).
gakken --- to cackle (which sounds like hakkeh)

If I'm pronouncing it correctly, I found a word that the word gakken means to cackle.

FYI: In Dutch every single g is pronounced as we would pronounce an h in English. So, if you hear a word that seems to begin with an h, it could be pronounced as an h. G and H are very similarly pronounced in Dutch. They sound the same to my English speaking ears.

Also, the n on the end of the infinitve form of the verb (gakken) is not pronounced in the Amsterdam area, and I think a lot of other parts of the country. Some Dutch people pronounce the final n on the end of infinitives, but the people singing this song do not pronounce it. That’s why it sounds like eh to you at the end of the word.
Cathleen

whoever wrote all this , your are fucking crazy lol
where the hell did u come up with all that .....
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
gapie

Post by gapie »

GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!