Hestia's 420 Cup Topics (merged)

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
hestia

Hestia’s 420 Cup Topics (merged)

Post by hestia »

How about it ? I'm more than willong to help out hon, It gives me an excuse to come over early......

tastywaves

Post by tastywaves »

Sounds like a winner to me. Put my name in the hat also.
Peace 2 All...
Pass the peace pipe.
Burning em since 69'
hippy_man99

Post by hippy_man99 »

I'd be down to help.... why not? :D
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Sure. Not sure how it would work though. As you know, big plans made before the event tend to go up in smoke once we get there. A wine tasting competition probably wouldn’t work if the judges didn’t spit out the wine and I for one have every intention of inhaling. I’ve always thought that High Time’s version was just a ploy to extract $200 each from American tourists. Nevertheless, I’m up for it if you have a plan. I could put a big ACD Cup graphic on the winning shop’s page or something.
Drugsbunny

Post by Drugsbunny »

Like wise I would be happy to help out.

:)

Db
Herb!
Take happiness with the heartache, go through life wearing a smile.
hestia

Post by hestia »

How about something like this. Very simple, a 5 day event. from April 18 to april 22. Day 1 a BIG meet and greet to get things started! at this meet and greet we will hand out maps of the coffee shops chosen,top 5 or 10 best, for both weed and hash.and a paper of some sort to be filled out during the ADC 420 cup saying how they (the c/s) rated from 1 to 10 . at this event Lemming could bring some ACD items for all of us to buy If he wants too. WOOPS got to go work is calling!!! more later! :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)
hestia

Post by hestia »

OK i'm back. to continue.....after the big start-up meet and greet everyone can start the coffee shop crawl.not over 2or 3 a day tho (.One of the things that I didn't like about the can cup is that you try to catch so many c/s's in just 5 or 6 days that theres no way in hell you can get the real enjoyment of so much wonderfull smoke in so little time.30 shops in 5 days??!! too much.10 shops in 5 days !!!!YES)after the crawls ????????who knows! DAY 2 have anouther cs crawl---2 or 3 And maybe something else besides--like a canal trip with Captin Ingred. DAY 3 420!!!! Anouther crawl just 1 or 2 and then over to the 420 for a bit and then to the Nes .....and PARTY DOWN!! DAY 4 More cs crawls 2 or 3 and mayby something else??? any suggestions??? DAY 5 THE BIG SMOKE OUT.....today every one gets together at the winning shop and gets totally freaken blasted!!!! SO what dose everyone think??? feedback please. :D :D :D
Balou

Post by Balou »

I think it sounds great. Maybe we should just plan it! I am planning on being there for 420 but may go to Olympics in Feb instead.

Peace,
Balou
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
Dimon

Post by Dimon »

Where is Olympics in Feb-in Amsterdam? Like a ganga smoking Olimpics? :)
Last edited by Dimon on Thu 3rd Dec 2009 03:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
H
Balou

Post by Balou »

Dimon wrote:Where is Olimpics in Feb-in Amsterdam? Like a ganga smoking Olimpics? :)
LOL No, the Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

Peace,
Balou
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
StonedSince67

Post by StonedSince67 »

Lemming wrote:Sure. Not sure how it would work though. As you know, big plans made before the event tend to go up in smoke once we get there.
so the plan for the ACD Cup needs to cope with plans going up in smoke, that's a tricky design decision but should be possible
Lemming wrote:A wine tasting competition probably wouldn’t work if the judges didn’t spit out the wine and I for one have every intention of inhaling.
and that's the difference with judging wine and weed ... in goes the smoke and out goes the objectivity

so if the framework is relaxed about "plans" going astray and the aim of the Cup is to have fun and not be too serious about it all, it should be quite cool
Last edited by StonedSince67 on Thu 10th Dec 2009 06:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

an ACD Cup would be great, small amount of coffeeshops to start off with keeps it simple ish ( barneys for me would be excluded ).
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Sounds cool but as stu said keep it small, i for one am only in for 3 days so a 5 day event is not possible.
Maybe a new poll for the CS to be included in the event and take the top 5 chosen by ACD members to be entered into the cup.
The existing poll has at least 3 shops i would not like to see in it and going on recent reveiws i would say there might be a few who would like to change there vote in that poll too.

5 shops could be done easily in a day (420 day) on one big crawl then collect the votes at the end and you have your winner.

8)
hestia

Post by hestia »

HI everyone, yes we'll have to deal with the stoner mind. but all that really means is that most will make the ACD cup, and some won't!Just like the can cup and other of the same ilk. But I don't think i'de worry to much,because there was a good show up rate last year. All we will be doing differntly this year is setting a schedule,Sort-of (extra parties!!!) :D :D 8) 8) Besides Lemming can herd cats,I've seen him do it (stoners not cats)same differnce. :lol: :lol: :lol:
tastywaves

Post by tastywaves »

stuart1976 wrote:an ACD Cup would be great, small amount of coffeeshops to start off with keeps it simple ish ( barneys for me would be excluded ).
I agree that barneys and greenhouse should not be allowed into this cup event. That would mean that the winner would actually be a big surprise, imagine that. I think 10 shops in 4-5 days is great no big rush. Make this event about the quality of the product and not about how many free things a cs gives me before the vote. Its about the smoke.
Peace 2 All...
Pass the peace pipe.
Burning em since 69'