Hestia's 420 Cup Topics (merged)

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

Are you going to be including any Harleem shops in the Cup?

Defeating evil with a thing called love
hestia

Post by hestia »

Sir N. I don't even know if there is a cup....yet! :? :? :?
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

either way cant be hard to get a poll going 5 fav coffee shops, and go on a mini crawl at 420 and pick a winner
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

hestia wrote:Sir N. I don't even know if there is a cup....yet! :? :? :?
:lol:

in theory?
Defeating evil with a thing called love
hestia

Post by hestia »

Stuart, what does "acd pass day mean??? :oops:

And twitch honey, you know you always have a seat and a bong with me no matter what. aybe next year :?:
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

acd pass day ( like the judges passes at cc) i was really stoned when the idea came
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

I hate the Idea of calling it a Cup or Competition.
Let me be clear, I'm up for any hillarity that may occur, crawls, meets, smokeouts, whatever. I'd just hate for it to become to serious, or focused.

With that being said, I'd go for a vote on 6 of the best shops. Once they have been decided ( via poll or whatever ), we split them over 2 days, so we are visiting 3 specific shops a day ( leaving the rest of the day free to do whatever you want to. )

We could arrange two mass crawls on both days, to hit up all six shops.( 3 per day ) On the second day, we have a huge gathering at t'Nes ( or elswhere, its only a suggestion.) later in the evening, where we can decide between us ( via vote on paper, debate whatever ) which shop offered us the best overall experience. EG, best service, best smoke, best ambience, best tunes etc. Just for fun ofcourse.....and to get well high in the company of fellow ACDers.

I don't want to get into a pissing contest over who had the best weed, simply because that has been done to death, and holds no appeal to me.

My two pennies....
Endure
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Twichaldinho wrote:I hate the Idea of calling it a Cup or Competition.
Let me be clear, I'm up for any hillarity that may occur, crawls, meets, smokeouts, whatever. I'd just hate for it to become to serious, or focused.

With that being said, I'd go for a vote on 6 of the best shops. Once they have been decided ( via poll or whatever ), we split them over 2 days, so we are visiting 3 specific shops a day ( leaving the rest of the day free to do whatever you want to. )
We could arrange two mass crawls on both days, to hit up all six shops.( 3 per day ) On the second day, we have a huge gathering at t'Nes ( or elswhere, its only a suggestion.) later in the evening, where we can decide between us ( via vote on paper, debate whatever ) which shop offered us the best overall experience. EG, best service, best smoke, best ambience, best tunes etc. Just for fun ofcourse.....and to get well high in the company of fellow ACDers.

I don't want to get into a pissing contest over who had the best weed, simply because that has been done to death, and holds no appeal to me.

My two pennies....

I think it's a great idea Hestia. This will be ACD's 5th anniversary of getting ACD'ers together on 4-20. There's lots of good questions about how many C.S.'s we should check out and how many days it should run. Let me know what I can do to help out.
Twichaldinho idea sounds pretty solid.....6 to 8 C.S.'s could be right up our alley. Put up a poll with as many C.S.'s as you like, with the top 6 or 8
as the one's we'll visit. At least we have a few months to fine tune it before 4-20 gets here.

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

My two pennies....
i do like this idea no one wants a pissing contest, at the end there will be a winner of sorts. wouldnt want it to be like the cc at all. the winner could get some form of award picture on coffee shop page (i think was mentioned). less work to do, both sides get pretty much what they want as well??
Drugsbunny

Post by Drugsbunny »

stuart1976 wrote:

My two pennies....
i do like this idea no one wants a pissing contest, at the end there will be a winner of sorts. wouldnt want it to be like the cc at all. the winner could get some form of award picture on coffee shop page (i think was mentioned). less work to do, both sides get pretty much what they want as well??
Sounds good to me guys a 420 smoke off.

And I am sure the more free publicity a C/S gets the better it is for them, I cant see too many of them complaining.
When will the poll start, as time will go quickly and planning can be a nightmare trying organise things with a bunch of stoners lol.
Out of that poll, if say 6 are chosen, what would thw criteria be for the reward, as such.

Db
Herb!
Take happiness with the heartache, go through life wearing a smile.
Drugsbunny

Post by Drugsbunny »

Also if this is not going to be based on the CCup, then it might be an idea to call it something other than a 420 cup. Perhaps this again could be decided by a poll?

Just an idea.

8)

Db
Herb!
Take happiness with the heartache, go through life wearing a smile.
tastywaves

Post by tastywaves »

ACD cup maybe. :?
Peace 2 All...
Pass the peace pipe.
Burning em since 69'
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Drugsbunny wrote:Also if this is not going to be based on the CCup, then it might be an idea to call it something other than a 420 cup. Perhaps this again could be decided by a poll?

Just an idea.

8)

Db
ACD CHILLUM 8)
What a long strange trip it is.
hestia

Post by hestia »

how about the peace out?
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

stuart1976 wrote:
Why not give the top 3 coffeeshops award certificates like the ones you used to get in school? Some may hang it on their wall?