Greetings from Eindhoven

The place for new members to say hello.
Jasmeena

Greetings from Eindhoven

Post by Jasmeena »

Hi,

I'm new to the forum.. so thought I would say hello :)

I'm English but living in Eindhoven... and am quite curious to discover other coffee shops around here (and other places) and to try new strains..

Would be glad to hear others' views about what the local coffeeshops have to offer...

I smoke weed rather than hash.

"Don't step on the grass... smoke it!!"
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

Hiya Jasmeena welcome aboard
treetop

Post by treetop »

hi there. How is life in Eindoven?
Jasmeena

Post by Jasmeena »

It is cold! It snowed today! Damned weather!

Actually went to Tilburg last Monday to try out a few coffee shops there... went to X-tra but it wasn't open (4 pm), then Shiva which was open. It was a very nice atmosphere there and I was surprised when I had to show ID (seems they ask everyone who steps up to the dealer counter to show ID). They weighed out the Santa Maria, White Widow and Gruis which I found rather pleasant, as I've only found Eindhoven CS use pre-packed bags. I found the WW to be soapy, the SM didn't have any affect at all.. and the Gruis to be the best!! Think it was the Amnesia in there that hit the spot...
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

we were thinking about popping into tilberg in march are there a few coffeeshops that stand out. went to breda on the way through last trip got some amazing lovely white widow(pax de boot) but only a 30-45 min high
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe this will help you out.

http://www.wietinkaart.nl/

Enjoy
FlyByNite - Travel preference, not business practice

Coffeeshop Frog Hollow <--- Clicky
home of the Whos In Town and Coffeeshop Menus pages.
Jasmeena

Post by Jasmeena »

FlyByNite wrote:Welcome to the forum..
FlyByNite wrote:Maybe this will help you out.

http://www.wietinkaart.nl/
How up to date is that page? Cool & MeetPoint are closest to me... has anyone been there recently I wonder?
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Hello Jasmeena and welcome here, I'm a regular visitor of Eindhoven(next time coming weekend).

Since I know almost all coffeeshops in Eindhoven I would suggest you to go to The Wall coffeeshop(no pre-packed bags by the way, located at Marconilaan 23) as you're living in that area. It's more a fly&buy kind of place but they offer one of the best menus in town regarding good hash and grass. Have a look :wink: .
Jasmeena

Post by Jasmeena »

Jesscass wrote:Hello Jasmeena and welcome here, I'm a regular visitor of Eindhoven(next time coming weekend).
Excellent.. and thanks for the welcome!
Jesscass wrote:Since I know almost all coffeeshops in Eindhoven I would suggest you to go to The Wall coffeeshop..
I agree it has a good reputation for hash, but I don't smoke that.. and they sell white widow with the soapy aftertaste.. (which I don't like)..

Quite a few of them, and not just in Eindhoven, sell that soapy white widow.. I guess they all got it from the same place (?).. Only Begijntes (upstairs) in town hasn't got that .. but I don't really want to go right into town...

I may see what else The Wall has to offer tho.. thanks for the recommendation!!

Edit: Just called the Cool and the number doesn't exist and they aren't in the phone book. In fact, only 4 are listed in the yellow pages (which I find a little surprising)..
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Welcome from Edinburgh ! I was in Eindhoven in Oct and will be returning in Oct this year ! thats one of the things i did not really like in Eindhoven (pre weighed) and found most of the bits to be small pieces rather than bud , however c/s upstairs had big buds but again pre/bagged ! The Wall was the second shop i visited hung around for a couple then went along the road to the Meeting Point c/s !

Welcome to the forum
-
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Yes, right their Cristal Royal hash is one of the best available in the Netherlands. I like to smoke hash and I can really recommend to try it.

However, they offer about 3-4 types of haze, too. I tried Diamond(11€) and Brilliant(12€) but this changes a lot. Recently I saw Lemon Haze there. It's kind of ambivalent but I think they're a big player in this so-called name-game. Whatever, their weed is good and I don't really care about names. Of course I bought their Cristal Royal several times :wink:

Regarding The Cool: have been there recently, too since I haven't been there for years. It's still that kind of small neighborhood shop(in Eindhoven this means more or less: solid menu and quality but no new strains, mostly oldschool strains). Haven't tried anything. They had about 5 sorts of weed and 3 of hash. It was a pleaseant and welcoming atmosphere though. I talked to the turkish owner.

Let me know what you wanna know and I try to help. No problem.
Jasmeena

Post by Jasmeena »

cisco wrote:Welcome from Edinburgh ! I was in Eindhoven in Oct and will be returning in Oct this year !
Thanks! Where do you stay usually?
cisco wrote:thats one of the things i did not really like in Eindhoven (pre weighed) and found most of the bits to be small pieces
I assumed pre-weighed was normal.. so was quite surprised to see at Shiva (Tilburg) it was weighed in front of me.. rather nice!
cisco wrote:however c/s upstairs had big buds but again pre/bagged !
Yes, Upstairs is my favourite place however it's right in the centre of town, and that's quite a hike from my place (northern part of the city).. and just lately I noticed more stalks and debris in the pack and I don't know if it's the done thing to point this out and ask for another bag (?).
cisco wrote:The Wall was the second shop i visited
What did you get there? I haven't been into that one but heard that their pre-rolled white widow joints had a soapy aftertaste.. and if I'm going to pay 12 euros for a bag, I want something pleasant tasting!
cisco wrote:then went along the road to the Meeting Point c/s !
Haven't even heard about this one.. nor could I find it on the Coffee Shop Reviews page.. or the Cool for that matter!
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Welcome :)
What a long strange trip it is.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Forgot to say that I had the White Widow Haze(10€)some weeks ago from the Wall. Nice.
But as I already said: it changes a lot.

Don't have a problem with pre-packed bags by the way but I do prefer scaling in front of me. Only a few shops do that in Eindhoven(kind of strange as some do weigh hash but offer pre-packed bags for grass :lol: ).

Tilburg: I do recommend Toermalijn(good choice and quality) and De Muze(good quality). But haven't been in this town very often.
liquidSwords

Post by liquidSwords »

Welcome Jas :-)

I visited Eindhoven last year, i went in 2 coffeeshops, Grasshopper and Euro Garden, think i got white widow and super silver haze... none of which was close to the kind of weed i got in Amsterdam.

:-)
Excuse me while I light my Spliff.....