Old Church

Comments on specific bars. Use search to find the topic for a bar.

Rate the Old Church

I like the Old Church
67%
I don't like the Old Church
33%

Total votes: 102

RvanSteensel

Re: Old Church

Post by RvanSteensel »

who cares

Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
smokeze

Post by smokeze »

RvanSteensel wrote:who cares
he cares or else he woulent ask i think. :D

i dont care man fucking kutshop.

rtz smokeze.
weed will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times
of no weed
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

it's not that I really care, just interested to know, i've never even been in the fucking place :lol: :lol: I was warned off along time ago :wink: :lol:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
uklad_in_ireland

Post by uklad_in_ireland »

Never went in here as the reports say shit weed and €15 is a big ask on not highly rated stuff. But this place was always pack at night while I walk past it at nights. This place is a tourist trap as its next to hookers but it's sad they closing as I rather have more coffee shops open than closed ones.
treetop

Post by treetop »

Unfortunately given its location what else could it be? Is it the proximity to the Church that is closing it or did they just get tired of making tourists buy sub standard weed?
How much did you produce?
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

Well if it is closing in september might make a final trip there seeing as it was 1 of the first I went to on my first ever trip. Never got around to taking a photo of the view out of the upstairs window, being the only reason i'd really want to go back.

Is'nt it 1 of those pushy places these days that dont let you smoke your own if you buy a drink but have to buy the gear there to?.
misterbelvedere

Post by misterbelvedere »

Okay. The shop is a bit touristy, but i never felt treated unfriendly. I even smoked my own stash without asking.
Noone came up to me. I remember once, a friend bought 5 or 6 prerolled Diesel-Joints during one evening. He really loved them. And i have to say, they really were okay. Maybe not enough filled with weed, but still a nicely flavored, decent smoke.

I don´t remember, if I ever bought anything there, but I never felt uncomfortable in this shop.
mrdcotor

Post by mrdcotor »

smokeze wrote:this shop has to close in september 2012.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Smoking in front of the ancient cathedral was a must...I'll miss this tradition.
highlyblessed

Post by highlyblessed »

mrdcotor wrote:
smokeze wrote:this shop has to close in september 2012.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Smoking in front of the ancient cathedral was a must...I'll miss this tradition.
they got away with it,the old church aint got to close,for now
blessssssss
mrdcotor

Post by mrdcotor »

highlyblessed wrote:they got away with it,the old church aint got to close,for now
blessssssss
Yay! Thanks for the good news!
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

mrdcotor wrote:
highlyblessed wrote:they got away with it,the old church aint got to close,for now
blessssssss
Yay! Thanks for the good news!
Agree! This is good news, any day a coffeeshop is open is a good day...regardless of one's opinion of the establishment.

Its about keeping the access to shops and their wares available to all
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Mavos

Post by Mavos »

Hey guys first time post here, I was at the old church at the end of september read some bad reviews on here but got to say when I was there, it was a beautiful blonde girl that showed us thru the menu and was really lovely. We sat outside the front of the shop was a really good place to sit and chill n just people watch. Would definitely go back here again next year even just to see the beautiful bud tender
mafufero

Post by mafufero »

Visited this place in May 2012, didn't buy my own weed and wasn't aware I had to. I did purchase a bottled drink and smoked a spliff I had brought with me from Abraxas. I sat outside and watched the world go by...oh yeah, and the ladies in the windows. The cannabis tours were also going in front of the shop during this balmy May afternoon/early evening. I'm glad it is still open. If you haven't checked out the Oudekerk itself, do so. The Church itself is fascinating and the views from the tower are spectacular.
Next trip: November 2013
spankyspangler

Post by spankyspangler »

Just got back, nice place to sit and have a smoke and a hottie behind the bar happy times ;)
the machine rages

Post by the machine rages »

spankyspangler wrote:Just got back, nice place to sit and have a smoke and a hottie behind the bar happy times ;)
A hot female budtender will always be a good selling point as far as I'm concerned. I'm off to the Dam in a couple of weeks and I'll know where I'll be heading as soon as I arrive at Centraal Station.