Old Church

Comments on specific bars. Use search to find the topic for a bar.

Rate the Old Church

I like the Old Church
67%
I don't like the Old Church
33%

Total votes: 102

Lemming
Site Admin

Old Church

Post by Lemming »

ACD Page: https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/OldChurch.html

Please vote in the poll and click on PostReply to add a comment.
Last edited by Lemming on Fri 2nd May 2008 09:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lctricity

Post by lctricity »

Old Church is a true classic, just as the OudeKerk itself.

To truely experience this place in all it's beauty you've gotta chill on the 2nd floor and look over OudeKerksplein. Great view and a superb place to chill with your friends and burn the Kind of Amsterdam.

I honestly can't comment on their gear outside of the Ice Hash which was passable. Bring your own, check out the menu, whatever you want, just go.
TOKEandSMOKE

Post by TOKEandSMOKE »

This is one of my fav coffeeshops,last time i was there it was in march when it was snowing in amsterdam(which was apparently the worst snow they had in 20 yrs) which just added to the atmosphere,i sat there for about 2hrs just wastchin the snow fall on the church opposite.

i think i bought old church special which wasnt up to much in my opinion but ive been to amsterdam 3 times and each time ive been to this place,im goin back in september and will defo go back again.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Stopped in the afternoon of Wed 10/19 bought a gram of White Widow, sat outside and watched the people walk by. Good buzz to start winding down my day.
If you never do, you'll never know.
ollsta1

Post by ollsta1 »

I love this place friendly staff , great space cakes an shakes.Try sitting upstairs with the window seats lookin out towards the old church! Ive visited there twice the 1st time had the church spec{very good ,strong weed}2nd time brought it again but not as good as the year before.Good selections of Bongs.
mUST VISIT IF YOUR IN THE RED LIGHT
Valo

Post by Valo »

Have to confess that it took me 6 trips until I finally made a call into the Old Church coffeeshop but it was well worth it and is now one of my top shops to visit.

One of the staff were a little rude to us and seemed to treat us like first time naive tourist although we have notched up around 15 trips between 3 of us (admittidly there was Amsterdam virgin with us). However this doesn't dampen my view on this great shop.

Good weed, nice cafe like atmosphere and an unbeatable location if you like a lap of the RLD inbetween coffeeshop visits.
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
JSB

Post by JSB »

Went there for the 1st time on Tuesday February 21. Comfortable place, friendly girl serving the smokes & drinks. Recommended!
theverve

Post by theverve »

i was there this week end been , busy little place .
found a table next to bar then got me some old church special , nice strong taste with a steady high. :wink:

place itself is nice , friendly staff and nice chill out area in back corner if you can get there.

would recommend
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

The weed menu isn;t that great and the drinks can be expensive (I think I paid 8 euro for a large fresh squeezed OJ) but the view from the second floor is great as well as the seats outside (although watch out for bird shit from above, we were under attack this past spring, lost a few good drinks to those fuggers, I may be Birdman but I can't control my brethren).
DrGonzo

Post by DrGonzo »

Stopped by today.... The JH was an excellent smoke.
When the going gets weird, the weird get going!
courtjester

Post by courtjester »

DrGonzo is right, the Jack Herrer is excellent, and decently priced for an RLD shop (2g/E12). We also had the Isolater hash here (1g/E20), and it was everything it was advertised to be. Curiously, we only visited Old Church once. In retrospect, I wonder why we didn't visit more often.
Kenny dope Smoker

Post by Kenny dope Smoker »

Old church is officially one of my favourites, out of the hustle and bustle, but still in the red light district, it is in a prime location and is great for sitting outside and people watching, I would have liked to have gone upstairs but was always busy up there so we didn't bother.

The staff are very freindly, it has a good atmos, very relaxed and chilled out, bought some Royal creme and some Charras Malana, both are great smokes, especially the Royal creme.....mmmmm.

Kenny
for god sakes steer clear of the bulldog & Smokey!
cannibistourist

Post by cannibistourist »

cool place but the dealer didnt really know here weed as she couldnt answer any questions of the guys in front of me the preroll haze/nlx joint was nice
its to damn hot out!
d3lt4-9

Post by d3lt4-9 »

Hey cannabistourist, was the girl working that day the tall, skinny blonde or the heavier girl with the wavy brown hair? I'm surprised to hear of a lack of knowledge coming out of that place.

Old Church is definitly a favorite of mine. The Royal Cream is an awesome hash and I've heard some good things about the new Ice Skunk. You can't beat the location, either.

BTW, this is my firt post, so allow me to say what's up to everybody here. Been to Amsterdam three times and going again in three months. Can't fucking wait. It's good to see there's like-minded folk here.
MiT

Post by MiT »

Be careful not to sit at the non smoking cafe next door like I did on my first visit there, pisses the lady working there right off. Although I did enjoy watching her repeatedly telling people "This is not a coffeeshop" when I had finally sat in the right place. :lol:
Smell my cheese you mutha!