Old Church

Comments on specific bars. Use search to find the topic for a bar.

Rate the Old Church

I like the Old Church
67%
I don't like the Old Church
33%

Total votes: 102

angry pirate

Post by angry pirate »

Trad wrote:Hey Cannakid
Here come's some math for you.
I read this whole thread, all 106 posts, and there appear's to be about 15-18 posts stating they will never enter this CS. Let's call that 15% of the posts. It's probably higher due to some people making multiple posts.
Now look at the number of people that have READ this thread, a little over 24000. If 15% of those people never enter your shop, purchase one of your over priced 3euro drinks and smoke their own then you have lost sales of approx. 10,300euro. And if all these lost customers were going to come to your shop with just 2 friends each, well your the one that's so good at math.
I have yet to visit Amsterdam, I arrive for my first trip Jan14/2010, and you have already alienated me. Should have tried for a marketing degree.
Trad.
Now that is how to make a point. 10/10, trad. No further questions yer honour. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ACD Fantasy League 16/17 - 276297-87189.

Free to join :)
templeball

Post by templeball »

angry pirate wrote:
Trad wrote:Hey Cannakid
Here come's some math for you.
I read this whole thread, all 106 posts, and there appear's to be about 15-18 posts stating they will never enter this CS. Let's call that 15% of the posts. It's probably higher due to some people making multiple posts.
Now look at the number of people that have READ this thread, a little over 24000. If 15% of those people never enter your shop, purchase one of your over priced 3euro drinks and smoke their own then you have lost sales of approx. 10,300euro. And if all these lost customers were going to come to your shop with just 2 friends each, well your the one that's so good at math.
I have yet to visit Amsterdam, I arrive for my first trip Jan14/2010, and you have already alienated me. Should have tried for a marketing degree.
Trad.
Now that is how to make a point. 10/10, trad. No further questions yer honour. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Indeed! 'Owned' as our US fellow forumites might say. Interestingly situated amongst the grottiest of all the working ladies, shit coffee shop, dumb cover charge, skanky ho's opposite, hardly a place to flock to is it..
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King
angry pirate

Post by angry pirate »

Although there are a few exceptions to the rule, i always avoided coffeeshops with neon palm trees/ hash leaf thingies outside. If it looks like shit, it probably is. 8) 8)
ACD Fantasy League 16/17 - 276297-87189.

Free to join :)
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

What a pit, gotta buy and smoke their weed, what a joke, just got up and left and reading that.Willn't be going back.Unless i am heavily pissed and wasted.
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

STENMAN wrote:What a pit, gotta buy and smoke their weed, what a joke, just got up and left and reading that.Willn't be going back.Unless i am heavily pissed and wasted.
Kinda glad I didn't bother going in now :)
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
kfo9494

Post by kfo9494 »

Not too happy with the place. Even though we had purchsed stuff at the place-- on the last day I went in to eat one of those banana nut bread cakes. My buddy had one more smoke that he got somewhere else and this was our last stop before the hotel. As I was eating one of the cakes the woman behind the bar advised that we had to leave cause we did not buy anything. When I told her we bought this cake she then said my buddy had to leave.
I was not treated so poorly in any other place in the dam.
indk

Post by indk »

I can only speak of my own experiences, but this C/S wasn't all that bad when I visited in June. Had no problems smoking the Kushdee I bought over at GA, after ordering just drinks. Another time on the same trip my friend handed to the woman serving him double the amount due (somewhere around 17-18E, when he was only meant to pay about 8E) & she called him out about it, advising him to take better care when paying for things. Also picked up 1.5g of Nepal Creme here, for around 16-18E I think, good smoke, even if a tad annoying I couldn't just buy a gram.

Overall my experience wasn't all what the reviews on here state. Drinks were a tad on the expensive side, but then what do you expect in such a central location? It wasn't one of my favourite coffeeshops, but I'd go again if in the vicinity.
chichi

Post by chichi »

First time I went to Amsterdam the owner of Old Church allowed me not only to buy (frequently) wink but also a great discount. I always have a feeling they are nicer to females for some reason.

Then the infamous time Boney, BB, Birdy, Bols and maybe somebody else...were sitting outside under the tree with birds shitting on us until finally Birdy caught a hit in his expensive coffee from old church. Then we looked finally like stoners do and EVERYBODY but me had it on their shoulders or in their hair.

Last thing I remember was the rest of them sitting in Old Church looking out the window at Boney and me whilst I was hanging on Boney trying not to piss and crying laughing so hard.

Maybe you had to be their but one of my favorite memories.
Stoner Granata

Post by Stoner Granata »

Worst place of my trip, terrible service, you can't smoke weed bought in other places....don't have much else to say,won't go back.
carlazi

Post by carlazi »

I went here for the 1st time in 2002 and it was great shop in a brilliant location. Almost daily visits to this establishment.

Went here in 2008 during a rain storm. I was cold and wanted a coffee/spliff to warm up. The woman (blond) was exceptionally rude. Charged me 4/5e for a coffee and had the people skills of great white shark. Tried to make me buy weed but when i looked at the list nearly had a second heart attack because of the process. I thought to myself that she should be working in one of the windows with that kind of attitude.

On my last trip the place was never full, i guess that's what happens when your are more sour than a field of lemons. I really do hate that woman. Especially as it was probably her that wrote the stuff in her thread. She could win the award for worst service in Amsterdam which most know is a very competitive award.
bobtheman

Post by bobtheman »

i think this coffee shop is very underated.
prices are cheap giving its location
they sell the best white widow in the dam
5 g for 30 i think
i thought the budtender was very friendly i visited this coffee daily
Yossarian22

Post by Yossarian22 »

I'm glad I read this thread before I made my next trip to Amsterdam. Forcing people to buy weed if they want to stay is crappy and there's no way I'd spend my money on a place that can't sell their weed on its merit and has to force its customers to buy. That may work if you're the only coffeeshop in town, but there are dozens of places nearby that'll be happy to make a modest profit off of my ordering a coffee and, if the weed looks good, a baggie.

And Cannakid, if you're gonna run a tourist-trap shop, why would you even bother trying to defend your crappy policies to people who obviously do their research?
neovdr

Post by neovdr »

This coffeeshop seems to be going the "La Canna Way" as far as service is concerned. Pity that with the location they don't care about service just turnover. I guess we are responsible for the shitholes we choose to go in...
toolsheddaddy

Post by toolsheddaddy »

Never been there Never going there
Always dreaming of the "Motherland"
bman1986

Post by bman1986 »

Unfriendly staff have always put my off this place, a couple of my friends really like it for whatever reason so often end up going here against my will. Upstairs has a nice window to stare out of, that's one positive. Never bought any gear from here as I didn't want to award their miserable behaviour.