Gone but not forgotten..

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
Boner

Gone but not forgotten..

Post by Boner »

The White Choco thread reminded me of a strain Chocolata used to sell called Choco Mist, this was strong, stony & fruity and was one of my personal favourites, what about everyone else - what strains would you like to see back on the menus of your favourite coffeeshops?

Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
codejd

Post by codejd »

funny, i was just reading some previous travel journals of mine and came across my notes regarding my first experience with Choco Mist...i had only stopped in Chocolata for cake or bon bons, usually scoring some stuph around the corner at Grey Area but one year John was back in the states when i was over and they were closed so i stopped in and picked up a gram of Choco Mist...i was heading to Paris the next day and according to my notes i stopped back by and picked up a nice huge bud the next day for that journey...good bud :D
Donkey smell.
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

wasn't chocolate the place that was bought out by abraxis? i remember it was closed on my first trip, had wanted to try their hash bon bons. :(
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
Boner

Post by Boner »

Couple more now I think about it, Dirty Jack Herer, Top Tits & the Mothers Finest all from Pink Floyd along with the Umma Guma hash, I know Dampkring sell one using the same name but whenever I've had some it's never quite been as good.

That Dirty Jack was one of the best weeds I've ever smoked, I remember smoking some of it listening to David Gilmour live and then going to the toilet when they had the black light, I felt like I was tripping, top stuff and damn I miss the old Pink Floyd and their staff. :(
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
joeuk

Post by joeuk »

:lol: top tits qaulity name
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

Alegria, Santa Maria, Edelweiss, Sneek,...

There are a lot of strains/hash varieties that are still around but shadows of their former glory...i.e. SSH from de Kuil, White Smurf, Stella Blue...

Stella Blue...OMG...used to be my favorite daytime weed.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Stanky Danky

Post by Stanky Danky »

Double Bubble Gum from Grey Area comes to mind. Had the Choco Mist in 04 nice taste, but the high really didn't do it for me. Felt more like a no more thinking indica, not really my style. Good and stoney though I just prefer to have my wits about me.
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

Bab Taza from Tweede
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cal X

Post by Cal X »

Sour Diesel from Nes, when they still sold Gear.
Double Trouble, lovely Hash from Pink Floyd.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Budsie from Wietstock in Utrecht.

Or for that fact, Sarasani in Utrecht.
If nothing else just for the history.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
DazedandConfusedinOR

Post by DazedandConfusedinOR »

Well, never had it and probably never will(!), but apparently the White Melon is gone from what I have been able to gather. Although inexpensive, the reviews on here made it sound pretty good.
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

I hesitate to mention it but it seems MY has White Melon available as a pre-roll if you like your weed with tobacco. One would assume that someone at MY had access to White Melon recently, if only to roll those joints and might be able to direct you somewhere. (Unless those joints are really, really OLD.) I think the guy to ask is Puffin as he chills there quite a bit (or used to).

Personally, if I really wanted to taste the strain, I wouldn't bother with a pre-roll. Happy hunting.
Last edited by titus wong on Sat 6th Mar 2010 08:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
DazedandConfusedinOR

Post by DazedandConfusedinOR »

Thanks for the tip Titus. I plan on meeting some folks at MY Wednesday evening so I'll be sure to check it out. I don't smoke tobacco though so if it's in a pre-rolled I'll probably skip it.
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

Jes' some more gone but not forgotten strains (hashes)...

The various moonshine hashes from DK in all their various denominations.
Scheherazade from DK
Aminsia (sic)
Buddha's Sister
aaron

Post by aaron »

FlyByNite wrote:Budsie from Wietstock in Utrecht.

Or for that fact, Sarasani in Utrecht.
If nothing else just for the history.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
]

Is the budsie not on anymore?

I'll second Sarasani, for the Qudralupe and Mex, and the ambience and friendliness of the staff :(