Greenhouse Effect

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Greenhouse Effect

I like Greenhouse Effect
84%
I don't like Greenhouse Effect
16%

Total votes: 118

Lemming
Site Admin

Greenhouse Effect

Post by Lemming »

ACD page: https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/GreenHouseEf.html

Please vote in the poll and click on PostReply to add a comment.
Last edited by Lemming on Fri 2nd May 2008 08:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lctricity

Post by lctricity »

Greenhouse Effect is Warmoestraat through and through.

The place is hoppin' after 6pm and seems to exude the vibe of the RLD in it's own matter of fact way. Take that as you will, I do recommend the place whole heartedly.

Gotta try the "Slide" if it's on the menu. Great Banana Milkshakes too.

Look forward to partaking of their menu again soon!
JSB

Post by JSB »

The Greenhouse Effect is great! If I had one minor quibble about it, it'd be that it's not all that spacious, but the choice on the menu, the friendly service & the good music make up for that. The bar next door is alright, too.
StonerTee

Hi all

Post by StonerTee »

Hi guys,

I may be seen as a hypocrite here as I posted on the poll that I liked the GreenHouse Effect Coffee Shop.

But I do have some complaints regarding the staffs behaviour towards the patrons.

The two times I went into there in 2004 was a complete change to all my previous times going there over the last ten years. The staff were very rude and at times and being that March is pretty cold in Amsterdam they opened all the doors and windows hoping to freeze the people out.

This wasn`t the only coffee shop to adopt this behaviour and was gobsmacked to get it in the Greenhouse. I used to go in there before every weed tasted of Haze and when it was called the Five to Five (aka FiftyFive) and have been going in there for years considering it to be my local waterhole. But Amsterdam has changed and it is very "cold" to its people that bring them all the money that keeps them afloat.

But in retrospect I do understand this too by the behaviour of some of the tourists that go out there, try it for first time and sit and puke in the shops etc. But I feel the cold shoulder out there for stuff others have done.

And if this sounds like you. Shame on you!!!

Amsterdam is like Heaven to me, but the kids are ruining it hence giving the staff of these shops attitudes and almost regime type pantomime.

But I wish them all the luck in the world and it was nice to see that there are still some very great weed cafes out there. I`ll be back Siberie (aka Siberia) and Abraxas. Thats for sure.

Great Forum by the way.

All the best.

T
T MON€Y

Post by T MON€Y »

But in retrospect I do understand this too by the behaviour of some of the tourists that go out there, try it for first time and sit and puke in the shops etc. But I feel the cold shoulder out there for stuff others have done.

And if this sounds like you. Shame on you!!!
You've got a point, in the netherlands its not the same "customer is always right" attitude in the service industry as other countries which I think is kinda cool. its a two way system, be nice without patronising, even bring your empty glasses up to the bar when your leaving, simple things.

You should feel privileged to buy and smoke in safe surroundings. asking to be waited on in this situation also is taking the piss. And as for puking.....how dumb can people be....know your limits.

Strayed off the point...Greenhouse Effect is well good never spent much time in the coffeeshop, but the bar is cool , i'm lucky to have never felt hostility in there but have witnessed it in other places..
woompah

smoothies yum yum

Post by woompah »

My fiance and I visited Amsterdam for a week in May 2005. We visited the Greenhouse Effect quite a few times and liked the ambience. The smoothies were out of this world - literally - we lost a day after sharing one between us! We can both handle our weed as well so we were quite surprised. :shock: The tall, friendly guy in the coffeeshop makes the best ones. The space cake was really good as well, banana and chocolate, although we were quite loaded by then. We tried the greenhouse smoke, which was excellent. If you get the table by the window it's a great place to watch the world buzzing by. The bar next door was cool as well. We always found people to be very friendly whereever we went.
holyLAN

Nice and central

Post by holyLAN »

The weed is good and their smoothies are really worth a visit: greatest banana milkshakes (with or without space) so far. Lively in the evenings with lots of tourists thanks to the attached hotel. At weekends they used to have a DJ set in the hotel lobby next door.
THERE IS NO GRAVITY
THE WORLD SUCKS
MARCE

Post by MARCE »

Nice place, good atmosphere & friendly staff.
Bumbleman

Re: Greenhouse Effect

Post by Bumbleman »

Lemming wrote:ACD page: https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/GreenHouseEf.html

Please vote in the poll and click on PostReply to add a comment.
:D
I stay at the greenhouse all the time atleast 3 times a year, the staff are really nice and helpful, would reccomend anyone going there! Adam Pritchard from England
Tommy G

Post by Tommy G »

Still one of my favorite shops, spent a lot of time in the coffeeshop and the bar this week. The bar has free internet access and some good deals on drinks. 1.50 for a bottle of lager, cant`t remember what it was.
Menu`s changed slightly at the coffee shop, I was slightly gutted when I first went in and looked at the menu 2 find they had removed the Bio Haze. But the good news is they have put Jack Herer and Sage on the menu. I bought 1.8 grammes of sage for 20 euro, very strong and a strain I`ve always wanted 2 try.
Como

Post by Como »

I like this place, although I only stopped for one joint. Bought a deal of the very nice Sage. A little tip: don't sit to close to the door there is a fair old draught when it open/closes! :wink:
SteedOfWeed

Greenhouse Effect

Post by SteedOfWeed »

I have been 6-7 times to Greenhouse Effect and stayed there 3 times. I always found the staff to be knowledgeable and polite at all times. Its an Oasis in an otherwise touristy RLD area. Menu does change but good quality smoke is nearly always a definate. Drinks are reasonable next door too but it gets very busy especially at the weekends when thet have DJ's.

Compared to some i have frequented GHE is up there for overall ambience, cost, staff, quality.

Enjoy
bigjohn

Post by bigjohn »

I cannot make my mind up whether i like this place or not :?
It is very reasonably priced for beer and weed 1.8 gram Northern Lights for 10 euros.
It does seem more of a holding pen for their hotels customers, there were 5/6 lads waiting for their room to be ready.

On my last trip in November the barmaid/hotel receptionist was telling somebody she had not smoked for 3 months and how much better she was feeling, this time while I was in there she was telling somebody else the same story but had replaced 3 for 6 months. Is she trying to put the punters off smoking or something :shock:
Rez

Post by Rez »

Just been checking reviews on the main ACD page and had to stop and look twice at this picture

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/ACDfrmGu.html

THEN click on G/h Effect on the list on the left

Check put the guy in the middle on the bench... did he just pop out for some "fresh air"... :lol: been there, done that.

Rez[/img]
"I laughed so hard I nearly had a whitey"

Carla 4/21/2009
Tommy G

Post by Tommy G »

Yeah rezin I often smile when I see that picture.