Paradox

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Paradox

I like Paradox
97%
I don't like Paradox
3%

Total votes: 170

Lemming
Site Admin

Paradox

Post by Lemming »

ACD page: https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/Paradox.html

Please vote in the poll and click on PostReply to add a comment.
Last edited by Lemming on Tue 6th May 2008 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T MON€Y

Post by T MON€Y »

This is a great little shop! Out of the way in a really relaxed area.

The elderly guy that served me was really pleasant, unfortunately can't remember what the name of what I bought here is, but it packed a punch!

Really disappointed to hear the racist comments that an American couple experienced (from the main page) while here, but from a local coffeeshop, you'll probably come across the occasional ignorant local.
pad

Post by pad »

Nice place to have a break in joordan quarter... they have great the fruity juice who give me the power to walk all days long ! :P
jul, kev, stev from france
Lofrequency

paradox

Post by Lofrequency »

This is a very relaxed "locals" coffeeshop. If i'm in town and need some weed Paradox is usually where i go.
Top smoke, good prices and a relaxed atmos.

Check the "Ace" weed - the crystals may tickle the throat a bit, but a very nice high (man!!).
keeror

Post by keeror »

Paradox is on 1e Bloemdwarsstraat, a side street of the Bloemgracht, which is the canal that flows into Prisengracht directly opposite the Anne Frank House.
https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/GenCS.html

Some very low prices here, and an unusally good selection of weed from abroad. Today I bought 5g of brown, pressed weed from Burma for €16. That's a cheap as weed gets in this city and I wasn't expecting much from this at all. But it's a great, surprisingly powerful sativa - this would do some serious damage if fresh, I'd imagine. And maybe someone here will try that as I found about a dozen seeds in my 5g bag. Which just makes it even more amazing that this grass is as good as it is. It doesn't taste great, leaving a sticky, slightly burnt aftertaste.

Paradox also has a very sticky Jamaican weed, a nice hash menu featuring cheap black Afghan, and of the fresh Dutch weed I'd recommend Gold for a smooth, longlasting smoke.

It's also a really nice coffeeshop for those seeking somewhere quieter, away from the neon lights & thumping house/techno of the RLD. Paradox has a faded psychedelic decor (and clientele :D ) and plays slightly alternative rock (Radiohead, REM, Wilco, etc.) at moderate volume.

And the food (available til 3pm) is good too!

Minus: closes at 8pm.
Boner

Post by Boner »

One of the new shops I visited this last trip and I loved it here, top toasties to munch and the weed (Ace 4.2 grams for €24) was very nice as well.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
patrick

Post by patrick »

can you give walking directions fron anne frank?

did you notice a volcano?
Boner

Post by Boner »

patrick wrote:can you give walking directions fron anne frank?

did you notice a volcano?
I didn't notice a volcano (I didn't see one in Picasso's either) and I'm useless with directions, I'll ask the mrs to have a look at the map and see if she can help! (we jumped off the tram at Westerkerk and just walked from there (5 mins tops))
keeror

Post by keeror »

Patrick,

click on the link in the first post on this thread.
Then click where it says Map - walking directions are yours!

Paradox doesn't have a vaporiser afaik.
patrick

Post by patrick »

thanks, i amsure i can find it. it did take me two times to find grey area and three times to find the noon. but some of the fun is in looking.

no vaporizer is a downer, my next trip is going to be all vapor all the time, or atleast as much as possible.

thanks again
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

patrick, couldn't agree with you more. The nice thing about getting lost is you either run into a main street or canal, then check your map and move on. Azlaker 8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

[quote="AzLaker"]patrick, couldn't agree with you more. The nice thing about getting lost is you either run into a main street or canal. quote]

I always seem to run into trams and bikes. I must be doing something wrong!
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Good one Hammer LOL Your right, if you don't pay attention you might be lying on the cobblestones with bike tracks on your body. AzLaker 8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
CityLiver

Post by CityLiver »

Haven't been but on my short list to go next time (28 days & counting)

Was looking at the Rick Steves "Backdoor Europe 2006" guide in the store the other day & he promotes Paradox, calling it "the most gezellig" in 'Dam, & implies all the ones in the central district are seedy tourist dives for people under 30.

FYI, on his web site, though, he reports on a visit to the Grey Area
http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/destinat ... eeshop.htm
Are we having beer yet?
-- Zoopy, Zippy's drunk brother
Boner

Post by Boner »

CityLiver wrote:Haven't been but on my short list to go next time (28 days & counting)

Was looking at the Rick Steves "Backdoor Europe 2006" guide in the store the other day & he promotes Paradox, calling it "the most gezellig" in 'Dam, & implies all the ones in the central district are seedy tourist dives for people under 30.

FYI, on his web site, though, he reports on a visit to the Grey Area
http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/destinat ... eeshop.htm
I'll whisper this, Paradox is probaly one of the best kept secrets in Amsterdam, quality weed, hot drinks, milkshakes and food in a lovely street where you can hear the bells ring from the Westerkerk!