Funky Munkey

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Funky Munkey

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes: 27

Uncle Ron

Re: Funky Munkey

Post by Uncle Ron »

Timbo287 wrote:
Uncle Ron wrote: High,
8)... we're all entitled to an opinion, and I support your right to have one... :)

The (old and tired) case has been made about buying drinks and munchies - if a coffee shop could stay in business by selling only those items, then this discussion would be a moot point. Some have attempted to make their argument by thinking that "regular" customers, you know, the ones that actually buy weed and hash, they will be the ones to keep the shop from closing its doors. Pause for a moment, what does having that type of attitude say about this individual? Selfish perhaps?
Treating a business like club house or hang out shouldn't be an issue as long as your spending money? As I said above, they wouldn't be in business long because this would not only be a poor business model - it would be a very bad business model. I'll turn away a few dozen hangarounds to open up seating for customers buying the products that supports my business model - selling cannabis products. Let's see whose business model not only makes a substantial profit, but remains open, in say 3 years, yours or mine.
Back to you... :)
... :mrgreen:
People are more likely to want to go into a shop that looks busy (mob mentality) therefore an increase in numbers through the door will increase the sales opportunities of all the services the shop offers. Allowing people to smoke their own will lead to customer retention and they will probably buy on their next visit. The best advertising is word of mouth and people are more likely to recommend the shop to their friends and on message boards such as this one, again increasing the amount of people through the door who are more than likely going to buy a drink and a gram leading to an increase in turnover. Steady turnover, free advertising and a good reputation leads to a sustainable business which will be there over elongated periods of time due to customer retention and growth.
High,
All valid, sound, and reasonable points... :)
I'll have a cup of chocomel and a gram; puts a smile on my face every time.
stanleymooni wrote:i think your business would close first, ron. but only because of the twat running it.
...and who would that twat be?

Funky Monkey's GSC, can't wait to sample the hype. :)

Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Is it the "real" GSC though ???!!!!!!

Customers should never be forced to buy weed !!!!!! Especially if buying a coffee/drink although it is a guise to sell cannabis they are "coffee" shops lol
-
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

How do you mean "real"? How much can you be sure anything in Amsterdam, or anywhere else for that matter, is "real" unless you're the breeder? GSC was Funky Munkey's Cup entry last year and that I'm aware of was the only place with it in the city for quite a while, so its probably as real as most things.

The "buy or not to buy" argument has been going on forever and I can see both sides of it. I guess context is also sort of relevant, how busy the shop is, how many people are wanting to come in without buying etc. While it is good for a shop not to be empty, plenty of potential customers may by put off by a place being too crowded also and it would not be a good business model for too many of them only to be buying an occasional drink.

Funky Munkey is not exactly the typical tourist trap shop both in vibe and location so IDK, when I've been there the staff were very accommodating but then I would have bought weed straight off the bat.
stints

Post by stints »

the last grey area menue i saw if i recall right had girls scout cookies on it...
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Aye, newly on there, Funky Monkey have had it since November.
Mack 10

Post by Mack 10 »

Some friends of the breeder(of GSC) said that he passed a cookie cross to swerve(cali connection) not the real cookies but a cookie hybrid.
I will try some anyway just for the fun factor, I will report back with my findings...
mack.
cornish pixie

Post by cornish pixie »

Not_the_monk wrote:How do you mean "real"? How much can you be sure anything in Amsterdam, or anywhere else for that matter, is "real" unless you're the breeder? GSC was Funky Munkey's Cup entry last year and that I'm aware of was the only place with it in the city for quite a while, so its probably as real as most things.

The "buy or not to buy" argument has been going on forever and I can see both sides of it. I guess context is also sort of relevant, how busy the shop is, how many people are wanting to come in without buying etc. While it is good for a shop not to be empty, plenty of potential customers may by put off by a place being too crowded also and it would not be a good business model for too many of them only to be buying an occasional drink.

Funky Munkey is not exactly the typical tourist trap shop both in vibe and location so IDK, when I've been there the staff were very accommodating but then I would have bought weed straight off the bat.

You just nailed it on the head Context is everything. What would be the point of telling someone to fuck off if they were going to spend good money for a couple of hours on drinks etc just because they didn't buy their product in a empty shop. Could be the reason the shops empty ( the attitude) !! On the flipside it could of been packed with people buying weed n waiting to buy weed so who's the seats goin to go to ? Point proven really context is the key
"If you can, then do "
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

"So, now that I've got your attention. Which GS cookie does this strain taste like?"

"one of these?"

"or maybe this?"
"...and I'm not even going to touch that slogan under Samoa Roll"

:|
Last edited by EasilySuede on Tue 16th Apr 2013 03:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toker31

Post by toker31 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

EasilySuede wrote:"So, now that I've got your attention. Which GSC cookie does this strain taste like?":|
I'll tell ya later on today, and I'll make it a daily double - Funky Monkey and Grey Area side-by-side comparison test, pics included.
Stay tuned...:)
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

What do you think I mean ? Is it GSC or another strain masquerading as such ? The rumour I heard is Swerves wasn't ready in time so they just got another strain , also there's massive debate going on if the Cali Connections is the real deal GSC

And the way you can tell if a strain is real , well for me anyway is if I have intimate knowledge of said strain

I don't rely on CS weed lmao , half the shit you get sold in Dam ain't real , enjoy
-
toker31

Post by toker31 »

Uncle Ron wrote:
EasilySuede wrote:"So, now that I've got your attention. Which GSC cookie does this strain taste like?":|
I'll tell ya later on today, and I'll make it a daily double - Funky Monkey and Grey Area side-by-side comparison test, pics included.
Nice, can't wait!

#TUNING :mrgreen:
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

Uncle Ron wrote:
Well alrighty then. :D

And when are they going to come out with "Crumbles"- dry sift hash made from GSC?
I don't think I've heard much about GSC's high. It almost seems as if that part's been forgotten.

Cisco wrote:And the way you can tell if a strain is real , well for me anyway is if I have intimate knowledge of said strain
I don't rely on CS weed lmao , half the shit you get sold in Dam ain't real , enjoy
The day they come up with a pocket terpene analyzer is the day we can hold a seller accountable for what they're selling. :)
notsofasteddie wrote:“A terpene analysis is like a fingerprint,” explains the Werc Shop’s president, Jeff Raber. “It can tell you if it’s the same strain under different names. We can see strains going by different names that have the same terpene profile. We now know those strains are identical.”
Terpene testing has enabled the Werc Shop to identify when strains have been misnamed. “We’ve seen a dozen of samples of Trainwreck, for example, that have a consistent terpene profile,” Raber says. “And then we examine some bud purporting to be Trainwreck, but with a terpene content that differs markedly from what we know is Trainwreck. By testing for terpenes, we can often verify if the strain is what the grower or provider says it is.
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Sampled some of their Girl Scout Cookies... there are hints and suggestions of something wonderful, but it just doesn't give me that "happy ending" feeling.
At 15 Euros per gram, :mrgreen: and Zippy think it's a bit expensive... :(
Give their GSC a try, decide for yourself... hint - nice and mellow buzz...
Lastly, if you think you've read something similar before, you probably did...
Edit: No pics, the camera is broken... er, it was stolen... er, i wanted to take pictures but then I got high... :shock: :lol:
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Glad to hear that your camara got high with stolen girl scouts :lol:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org