Best Friends

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Best Friends

I like Best Friends
80%
I don't like Best Friends
20%

Total votes: 5

Lofrequency

Best Friends

Post by Lofrequency »

ACD Page: Best Friends

Best Fiends (Not so friendly!)

I've been to Best Friends many times to buy weed as their quality and prices are pretty good and only I live 5 mins away but today on returning home I discovered my bag was half a gram lighter than it should've been (3g instead of 3.5g).
I went back to complain and get the other half gram and was accused of stealing! The skinny guy with glasses (seems to wear pink T-shirts most of the time) said that I must've taken the missing weed out myself...
After a small "discussion" he gave me half a gram out of his own stash (or so he said!?), funny though how he knew exactly which bud weighed exactly 0.5g...???
I put out my hand to show that there ware no hard feelings but rather than shake it, he dismissed it with a strange snort and and a gesture with the back of his hand then walked away.
You can't beat good customer service!
Needless to say I called him a f***ing klootzak and swiftly made my exit.
I think in the future i'll stick to Coffeeshop Eastwood which is closer, friendlier and their deals weigh what they're s'posed to or more!
Beware the man in PINK!!!

ozric

Re: Best Friends

Post by ozric »

Cool warning, but whenever I was there I got sharp service, also was able to use the toilet
inside once, even though I'm not a member.
You can roll a quick joint on the cigarette machine, next to the flyers, but don't light the joint inside (at least that's what I think) and leave the roach in one of the cactus plants they have standing in the window pile.

I always came here for the Snowwhite weed, which they sell for 20€ for 3,20 grams.

But recently I bought some White Widow and some other weed I don't remember the name of.
1,5 grams for 10€ both.
Above the shop front porch there's is some official Highlife price info.
Strong potent weed. Nicely cured (never got a wet batch here) but I have to agree the budtenders seem
streetwise, you cannot talk foul language to them, keep it gentleman style.
C1P8

Post by C1P8 »

I used to come here time to time when I lived close here 10 years ago. Now you cannot sit inside and the budtender was somewhat rude to me also. I got some Temple Balls which was quite good but I don't think it was 1gram as supposed, maybe a little less.
kushy

Post by kushy »

Been having some good results out here lately with their lower-end, pre-bagged indicas.

Super Skunk 5E, 0.8g and Edelweiss 5.50E, 0.8g. Both where nice, the Edel slightly better. At under 7E per g, what's not to like basically!
Also had the Special Haze not so long ago, 10 p/g, pre bagged, I think and seem to remember it was quite special.
Weedy!

Best Friends

Post by Weedy! »

:mrgreen:

I love the Best Friends coffeeshops. They have one in the east and one in the centre.
The east is for take-away only, but the centre is like my new living room.
The quality is high and the service is very friendly. Best Friends 2 is my favorite coffeeshop in Amsterdam.
The menu is big and very very very nice.

Best Friends is the best coffeeshop in Amsterdam. You have to try it, but don't occupy my seat :lol:

They've launched a kickass website this year http://www.bestfriendsamsterdam.com
Acer Palmatum

Post by Acer Palmatum »

Been there too. It was a nice shop not crowded in a downstairs location if I remember right. They had everything...weed & hash but expect lighters for getting the joints lit ^^
Papi

Post by Papi »

Weedy! wrote::mrgreen:

I love the Best Friends coffeeshops. They have one in the east and one in the centre.
The quality is high and the service is very friendly. Best Friends 2 is my favorite coffeeshop in Amsterdam.

Best Friends is the best coffeeshop in Amsterdam. You have to try it, but don't occupy my seat :lol:

They've launched a kickass website this year http://www.bestfriendsamsterdam.com

What a obvious fucking commercial:D
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
winnie

Post by winnie »

Papi_3city wrote:
Weedy! wrote::mrgreen:

What a obvious fucking commercial:D
Weedy = Pinkie?
Weedy!

Post by Weedy! »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hahaha Hahahahaha!!

Just a big fan guys! It's all good.
Pipo

Post by Pipo »

Pricey, regular ak47 for 10E a gram while betty boop sells good ak47 for 8 and boerenjongens at 8.5E
Same with regular Bubbelgum, you are kidding best friends.....

So I never buy there
Papi

Post by Papi »

Ak47-10e? Naaaaaaaah:/
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Pipo

Post by Pipo »

Both AK47 and Bubblegum at 11 E a gramm to be precise :roll:
http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Best%20F ... ayNita.JPG
Weedy!

Post by Weedy! »

Yeah you're right on the AK, but try the Snow White.
It's better than any AK I've seen at Boerenjongens. Which is a great shop as well. :wink:
Pipo

Post by Pipo »

[quote="Weedy!"]Yeah you're right on the AK, but try the Snow White.
It's better than any AK I've seen at Boerenjongens. Which is a great shop as well. :wink:[/quote]

i know their snow white, not the strongest. i will be interested again when they sell ak and bubblegum at fair amsterdam prices
Marduk

Post by Marduk »

Well, people pay 15€ for Shoreline. It's basically a good Skunk that has a high yield, flowers in ~55days and the seeds not being on the expensive side, compared to many others.
A price/gram you'd expect from a +100 days, low-yielding Sativa.

So, for a good pheno of well grown Bubble-gum or AK47, 11€ doesn't sound that absurd for Amsterdam's conditions. Just because a strain is "old-school" without a fancy name, doesn't make it unworthy of a price tag above 10€.

Their Orange Bud costs even more, at 12€. Again, I'd prefer a well grown and cured OB over any mega-hyped, unstable "superstrain" that is rushed to the market unflushed and wet.

A good strain is a good strain, if grown well. If it packed a punch 15years ago, it will still do that today since plants aren't cell-phones that outdate every 3months.
i.e. 2 years ago, not a single high-priced strain from Club Media, Voyagers or Utopia was able to send me into space the same way, a plain old Orange Bud from Kadinsky did at 8€ (Sadly, they don't sell it any more). Other than the hype, there's no reason to not pay a similar price for old-school than for any other good bud out there, as long as it's high quality.

That being said, I have no idea about the quality delivered at "Best Friends".