Baba (formerly Barentsz)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Baba (formerly Barentsz)

I like Baba
82%
I don't like Baba
18%

Total votes: 11

DjShaggy

Re: Baba (formerly Barentsz)

Post by DjShaggy »

RoMoney wrote: Sun 19th Jul 2020 10:56 am And yet nobody cares about the FOUR Verdampers and possibly the first vaporlounge in Amsterdam? Shame on you all! :lol: :mrgreen:
Nah that is pretty cool.

ignoring spellcheck since 1986
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

For the record I very much enjoy Audiokush's posts. And frankly I'm sick and tired of seeing the tirade of Shaggy's personal attacks. If he doesn't like it - he shouldn't read them. Simple. He certainly doesn't speak for me - or any other member here as far as I'm concerned.
Of the two contributors, I know who's posts holds the most value for me.

So please Audiokush. I know you don't need any encouragement and that the insults roll off your back as they should. But I think it important to communicate my support. Please continue to post your menus. They're informative and interesting - and from someone with a 25 year career in graphic design with a successful agency under his control - your design is perfectly fine.

Shaggy; I'll be polite.
Please wind your neck in. Your unfriendliness is not becoming of the behaviour long-standing members of this site enjoy coming here to read.
macky

Post by macky »

I was a little sceptical at first ,but after some members met the couple they seem legit :) Hard sometimes to figure out what a poster motivation are? Glad to see your post brother 8) Can we just agree now we need to make 420 next year Mic? Hope your well ? I would ask how your virus stash is holding up ...pretty sure your fine :wink:
Flemish

Post by Flemish »

The more menus, the merrier! Thanks to all menu posters.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

I was a little sceptical at first ,but after some members met the couple they seem legit :) Hard sometimes to figure out what a poster motivation are? Glad to see your post brother 8) Can we just agree now we need to make 420 next year Mic? Hope your well ? I would ask how your virus stash is holding up ...pretty sure your fine :wink:
Hello there buddy, I've been absent since late last year - working through some family stuff which has been a struggle. Getting back on top now hopefully.

I too feel somewhat protective over people spamming the board for their own gain. But I feel Audiokush's posts are no different to FBN's and are just as friendly - so it's very disappointing to see such unfriendly and distasteful behaviour directed towards them. That isn't how we behave here. This is a forum for adults - or so I thought.

And yes bud - all is good here in lockdown the virus stash is as comprehensive as ever ;) I very much doubt I'll make 420 to be honest but I do hope to catch up with you in person at some point soon. Good to hear from you, best wishes to the family.
macky

Post by macky »

Glad your well ,looking forward to Are next session :mrgreen: Creamy loins good :D
AudioKush

Post by AudioKush »

Not exactly a Baba specific question, but definitely Phenofinders related! Did anyone have a chance to try Problem Central Cookies in Nov 2018? I am curious if this cultivar will ever see the light of day again. If the flower was available at a shop in the future, it would be either Baba or Bagheera.
macky

Post by macky »

AudioKush wrote: Tue 21st Jul 2020 10:49 am Not exactly a Baba specific question, but definitely Phenofinders related! Did anyone have a chance to try Problem Central Cookies in Nov 2018? I am curious if this cultivar will ever see the light of day again. If the flower was available at a shop in the future, it would be either Baba or Bagheera.
Have never seen that strain on website ,they have a few California strains wedding cake ,do,s do etc.
Danny or highly blessed would know I believe they also own Pheno finders
Cicciozeta

Post by Cicciozeta »

Had the gorilla glue #4 not so good, good smell but no taste.
HonestGlasgowStoner

Post by HonestGlasgowStoner »

Tried the lemon bubble for 10€ a gram which was ok for price, it caught my throat a bit and burnt black but i could taste the lemon bubble flavour on the exhale which is ok for the price as atleast your getting the propper flavour but just wish it was a smoother cleaner smoke but dont the coffeeshops care about a smooth clean smoke anymore, the buds where all really small popcorb nugs aswell which i dont really like.
I had a look at cookies kush aswell as couldny get any in barneys but it just looked and smelt terrible in babas there was nothing nice about the looks and smell which was dissapointing
ScottishC

Post by ScottishC »

Had a great smoke in here yesterday afternoon.

Very, very cool place tucked out of the way in a residential neighbourhood. As mentioned earlier in the thread, there's an interesting vapour bong contraption on every table. These are always turned on and they work a treat. Be careful though, it's incredibly easy to knock the glass bowl on the floor when you remove the heating element, as I found out. Thank fuck it didn't smash, and other than letting me know "Be careful with it!" the guys serving up were cool with my clumsy antics. Still, i didn't touch it again after that incident and just rolled a joint instead!

Place was very quiet on a weekday afternoon. I was the only one in the smoking area. A few friendly and cool locals with dogs were in to buy-and-fly though, and I can see why. The weed here is fucking excellent. Every bit as good as the old Voyagers - and actually a bit cheaper.

I picked up a gram of Lemon Bubble for 9 euro, and what a bargain it is. Yes, as the previous reviewer said, it does burn black and the flavour isn't up to much, but the effects...holy fuck! Absolutely banging sativa. If you like sativas and you haven't had this, you need to. After smoking a quarter of a gram I was absolutely pie eye'd. These days I usually avoid sativa because I get a bit anxious, and I did get a bit of racing thoughts while I was in the smoking room, but as soon as I got outside into the sun and started walking around I felt fantastic. It reminded me of everything good about sativas - the way they just brighten up your life but you can still get on with things. I went to the supermarket, hit up the pet shop, then walked back to my apartment with a huge smile on my face the entire time.

Also bought some "Gelato 33 x ???" - thought it was quite funny they were selling a mystery cross. Felt like I had to buy it out of curiosity. Had a bit of this in my mighty vaporiser last night and the flavour is absolutely killer. Gelato terps coming through nicely. Nicely strong too. Got me more than ready for bed. Looking forward to smoking the rest of it. Still no idea what it's crossed with but safe to say it's another sativa.

Baba is a killer shop and considering I'm staying in this part of Amsterdam, I can't see myself picking up anywhere else during this trip. Already regret the money I've spent elsewhere, because it goes a lot further here. Excited to come back with some mates at some point.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Baba dated February 16, 2022. Thanks to illboyz420.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Baba/Menus/Baba.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
kalima

Post by kalima »

I have been meaning to visit this shop for a while and finally made it on the last trip. A little but pleasant walk from central station and is set in a lovely quiet , mainly residential area on what is a like a small Square. created by a very friendly English bud tender who had been living in holland for 30 years.
We had a good chat about a few things , weed in uk at present, growing, and he then showed me all the sativa they had on offer, now I was after trying the lemon tree OG but the buds didn't look the best , but smelt lovely, so I decided to try it rather than the mango haze. The other reason I was visiting was to try the Verdamper vaporisers, I had been possibly thinking of getting one, and so I could tick off 2 boxes with one visit.
the bud tender set the vaporiser up and left me with a coffee to try it out. weed tasted lovely and well it was either the weed, vaporiser or both but I was super high after smoking 0.5g in it.. a superb high that lasted for hours :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . I would have stayed longer and chatted and smoke some more but I had to leave to meet a friend down in vondlepark, but that was a very enjoyable and floaty walk there .I would highly recommend a visit, nice setting, super friendly and helpful bud tender and nice weed. It was pretty busy considering it is a bit of a walk out
GanjaGod

Post by GanjaGod »

OneHighMofo wrote: Mon 20th Jul 2020 02:29 pm For the record I very much enjoy Audiokush's posts. And frankly I'm sick and tired of seeing the tirade of Shaggy's personal attacks. If he doesn't like it - he shouldn't read them. Simple. He certainly doesn't speak for me - or any other member here as far as I'm concerned.
Of the two contributors, I know who's posts holds the most value for me.

So please Audiokush. I know you don't need any encouragement and that the insults roll off your back as they should. But I think it important to communicate my support. Please continue to post your menus. They're informative and interesting - and from someone with a 25 year career in graphic design with a successful agency under his control - your design is perfectly fine.

Shaggy; I'll be polite.
Please wind your neck in. Your unfriendliness is not becoming of the behaviour long-standing members of this site enjoy coming here to read.

TBH I never met a bigger snake than that cunt of an audiokush. Story is he completely fucked over some people from the DnB scene and they are looking for him. Luckily I know both sides and its times to make some money and set things straight.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Ohhh ....you can't just leave it there GanjaGod tell us what supposedly happened and more so how to set things straight and make a few quid :D ....tom