Baba (formerly Barentsz)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Baba (formerly Barentsz)

I like Baba
82%
I don't like Baba
18%

Total votes: 11

gapie

Baba (formerly Barentsz)

Post by gapie »

ACD page: Baba (formerly Barentsz)

i been here 2day i did go from central station the bus 48 to barentszplein i walked to barentszstraat to the shop i did go inside first u were in the selling room in the front were u can buy weed and then the second room is a chill out place with a long bar and the 3rd room was the smoking room all in the back i was at the front were u can buy yer weed i bought amnesia haze 9.50 per gram it was nice to smoke and a cheep one and the budgirl her name was Ayse she was cool i talked with yer about weed and coffeeshop and i gave her the ACD website i told her about Quick and he had experience this shop she liked our website with the info etc.. mybe she will recoqnize him and Quick say hi to her from me and i rolled a joint of amnesia haze i walked to tram 3 to go to boerejongens and the amnesia was nicey one

Colina

Coffeeshop Barentsz

Post by Colina »

Has somebody vistited this shop recently or ever?
Is it worth to go there? I want to go to some shops I've never been to during my next trip and Barentsz is one of these. But if you tell me that it's not worth at all I can save the time.
HOLLAND
Hope Our Love Lasts And Never Dies
Balou

Re: Coffeeshop Barentsz

Post by Balou »

Quikyhas a great trip report that includes Barentsz https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... 10&t=14768

Peace,
Balou
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
Colina

Re: Barentsz

Post by Colina »

thanks balou!
I don't know why I missed quicky's report :roll:
HOLLAND
theholyvirgin

Re: Coffeeshop Barentsz

Post by theholyvirgin »

Colina wrote:Has somebody vistited this shop recently or ever?
Is it worth to go there? I want to go to some shops I've never been to during my next trip and Barentsz is one of these. But if you tell me that it's not worth at all I can save the time.
hey colina,
this is my favorite shop since papillion went a bit downhill last couple of months. Still good shop though.
Barentsz is definitly a bit out of the area, although it only takes fifteen minutes to travel from central station.
The menu is quite small (5 weed, 3 hash) but cheap and high in quality! The ak47 5g/e30 is amazing. Nicely cured and trimmed, not super tasting (still good) but really powerfull. Hash is amazing here is well, cheap and tasty. Barentsz is run by a moroccan, lot's of moroccans chilling there, says a little something about the hash ;) And they have a genuine coffeemaker, nice strong coffee with your hash joint.
They got a nice smoking area in the back where you can watch tv, browse the internets, or play some playstation. Moroccan interior (with the lamps, colours and sofa's.)

So, yeah, i recommend this shop, stock up in here and wander back into town...
p,l&h The Holy Virgin
carlazi

Post by carlazi »

Thanks the heads up guys. Sounds an amazing deal on the ak47. I will grab the buses and check out the deal tomorrow tomorrow morning. In fact its a short walk from the bus stop on the way to central station
Colina

Post by Colina »

I saw this deal on the menu page too.
But as theholyvirgin tells it's not only the great deals that make this shop worth to visit.
I will definitely visit this shop the next time I'm in town.

Thanks for the help theholyvirgin. :wink:
HOLLAND
theholyvirgin

Post by theholyvirgin »

no probs guys, let me know what you think of it :)
forgot to mention, they don't do the 2 grms 10% discount anymore, still cheap though, since a lot of coffeeshops are upping their prices.
p,l&h
Trad

Post by Trad »

This coffeeshop was a six minute walk from my apartment in April and I visited it just about every day as their Bubble Gum became my 'not to worry, I have pot at home' smoke. I would most often go to this shop in the morning and never saw anyone in the shop proper but, I feel this was due to the hour as the shop looked nice, they had computers and the staff were very friendly. I was showen any and all products that I wished to see and found said product to of good quality and reasonably priced.
Next year I might try an hour or two in here over an evening to check out the shop.
You have to be buzzed into the shop...one door for Buy&Fly and another for the shop.
If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one.
JMH
archambaut

Post by archambaut »

Visited Barentz based on the above write-ups.

It is a bit out of the way but worth the 10 min bus ride.
Got Bubblegum, Royal Cream and SuperSimle.
Lady serving was v. nice and brought my coffee through to me.

I had the smoking room to myself, and it is really nicely decorated, with
very comfortable seating. Stayed quite a while - mostly because the
Bubblegum was so strong - evening only smoke I think.

Also, it was a much nicer neighbourhood than it appears on
Google Street View, there is a Burgermeester nearby and trams if
you don't want to head back to Centraal.

Arch
Only the paranoid survive (who said that?) :?
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

This was just two minutes down the road from me, when I stayed in Amsterdam for a month. I went there three times the first was for a bly and fly and the chick was nice. We even seen her later that night stoned and looking for her dog, which was only on the otherside of the table. We laughed about it, she said come have a smoke tomorrow. Admittedly we didn't go in the next day, but the next time there was another chick serving and i asked if i could have a smoke in the room and she said there isn't a smoking room, just buy and fly. The next time we went there was an awesome menu up on the computer screen and I said, I have some of that please, the same chick as the second time said, oops sorry that's the wrong menu for you, and flashed up a different menu. I feel i was getting scammed.
I don't take drugs, I am Drugs.
LionofJudah

Post by LionofJudah »

Went once, girl at the bar waited until after I bought to say that only locals can go in (wtf!?), so I rolled up in the small buying space (unimpressive, WW I believe it was) and smoked out front.

Girl said the owner only lets his friends in, this was around 1PM and the place was empty. She even said "I don't know how tourists even end up over here", like it was 10km fron Centraal and we were basically idiots lost and wondering... actually we had a business appointment around the corner.

Anyway, -1 from us.
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

i reckon scamming is going on here.
I don't take drugs, I am Drugs.
billyriz

Post by billyriz »

this is close to where im staying may have to go else where for a local smoke unless someone can say its gotten better
Mack 10

Post by Mack 10 »

" no, that menu's not for you" :shock: that would of tripped me out! very strange. maybe its her dream menu,lol. WTF? think i would be pissed, if i went all the way there for that reception.
mack.