Voyagers

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Voyagers

I like Voyagers
93%
I don't like Voyagers
7%

Total votes: 484

Smokeybee21

Re: Voyagers

Post by Smokeybee21 »

Hope to fuck this gets rectified, hard to imagine a trip to Mokum without Voyagers.

Next trip: September 2023 with the missus.
tinky

Post by tinky »

I was in last week and asked about testing Tuesday

Got told the really hot summer had caused a lot of problems for them. Got the wedding cake @€16 pretty pissed off as when got back to hotel found seeds in it.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Disappointed about this
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
kiki1989

Post by kiki1989 »

Follow Dandyvanvoyager on instagram and he seems to be pushing Baba a lot now?
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

More seems to be pushing the seed/gift shop as supposed to the cs
Smokeybee21

Post by Smokeybee21 »

kiki1989 wrote: Sun 15th Sep 2019 04:19 pm Follow Dandyvanvoyager on instagram and he seems to be pushing Baba a lot now?
They have definitely taken over/Are collaborating with both Baba coffeeshop and the Baba souvenir shop in the RLD.

It's a real shame if this means that Voyagers has fallen by the wayside, hopefully it's just a blip. Keeping a close eye on this before my October jaunt.
Next trip: September 2023 with the missus.
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

I visited three times this year. The first time I bought a powerbag, and it was quite nice, with decent buds. The second time it wasn't great, but still acceptable. No powerbags the third time, and neither the weed nor the atmosphere was to my taste, so I left.

In the past you could count on a gram of something decent and good value for money, and I might have stayed for a chat, depending on who was working, but it's not high on my list of shops. With Solo a few minutes away, with better (and cheaper) coffee and a better selection of smoke, it's a no-brainer.
LN94

Post by LN94 »

Got some G-13 Haze (weed) and Polm (hash) on my trip there last week. Both were decent. Not sure about the drama about them changing supplier/menu to be fair. Yeah, they used to offer a large menu but I found more than 90% of it to be subpar, except when some excellent strains came in such as Tropicana Cookies and Jaffa Caked Cookies. Really have to find the gem amongst the shite.

Anyway, since their menu is way smaller now, I've found most of their product to be a bit more consistent and more value for money. Highest price on the menu was 13EUR.
LN94

Post by LN94 »

Many will disagree but I actually think Voyagers offer better quality weed since they changed suppliers/menu. They now just have 6 strains of weed and two hash kinds and I've tried most of them. They were all pretty decent, particularly the G13-Amnesia was so smooth, strong and tasty, a sign of well cured bud.

Yes, they used to have a huge, diverse menu with funky strains such as Dosi Face Off & Purple Strawberry Banana, but I found the vast majority of those to be, well.... Crap. Just some cool names that are meant to lure people into buying exotic strains.

Better now.
xxSLOTxx

Post by xxSLOTxx »

I’ve been following the thread re supplier change with interest as back in town next weekend and voyagers has been my first stop off for the past 7 years. Was sad to read standards have been dropping recently

Has anyone got an up to date menu photo? Or be able to elaborate more on what the 6 bud strains on the menu are?
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Voyagers dated September 22, 2019. Thanks Elliott.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Voyagers ... agers.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

2010 called they want their weed back :lol:

16 euros for a gram of blue dream or la confidential :lol: :lol: don’t get me wrong they were great strains of their time but that really is a sad depressing menu. Won’t even bother calling in.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

LN94 wrote: Fri 20th Sep 2019 04:07 pm Many will disagree but I actually think Voyagers offer better quality weed since they changed suppliers/menu. They now just have 6 strains of weed and two hash kinds and I've tried most of them. They were all pretty decent, particularly the G13-Amnesia was so smooth, strong and tasty, a sign of well cured bud.

Yes, they used to have a huge, diverse menu with funky strains such as Dosi Face Off & Purple Strawberry Banana, but I found the vast majority of those to be, well.... Crap. Just some cool names that are meant to lure people into buying exotic strains.

Better now.
I felt a bit like the same... well I didn´t tried anything from them since longer time but when they had only a few strains on the menu the quality was better in general. Since the menu was bigger I heard more and more from disappointments.
DjShaggy wrote: Mon 23rd Sep 2019 08:18 am 16 euros for a gram of blue dream or la confidential don’t get me wrong they were great strains of their time but that really is a sad depressing menu. Won’t even bother calling in.
On the other hand 16€ for "Blue Dream" and "LA Con" is for sure overpriced :? But in my opinion when the 16€ strains are really high quality (nice grown flushed...) I would prefer that over a not so good grown Gelato, Wedding Cake, Biscotti for the same prices... I remember that they had some quality LA Con also in the past for 15€/g

But well to be honest I don´t think that the 16€ strains here are now "high quality"... to really make a judgment I have to try it in the future :mrgreen:
SuperSkunk

Post by SuperSkunk »

DjShaggy wrote: Mon 23rd Sep 2019 08:18 am 2010 called they want their weed back :lol:

16 euros for a gram of blue dream or la confidential :lol: :lol: don’t get me wrong they were great strains of their time but that really is a sad depressing menu. Won’t even bother calling in.
Haha exactly something i wanted to write, too.
Blue Dream, G13, Mr. Nice - strains nearly always available @ Het Balloon - and i know that they have good quality there. Why should i try voyagers then?
Not very impressed...

Maybe I'll take a look when i'm in AMS this week - but just to judge the atmosphere in the CS now.

Greets 8)
There are no facts, only interpretations. - F. Nietzsche
LN94

Post by LN94 »

Marok21 wrote: Mon 23rd Sep 2019 09:49 am
LN94 wrote: Fri 20th Sep 2019 04:07 pm Many will disagree but I actually think Voyagers offer better quality weed since they changed suppliers/menu. They now just have 6 strains of weed and two hash kinds and I've tried most of them. They were all pretty decent, particularly the G13-Amnesia was so smooth, strong and tasty, a sign of well cured bud.

Better now.
I felt a bit like the same... well I didn´t tried anything from them since longer time but when they had only a few strains on the menu the quality was better in general. Since the menu was bigger I heard more and more from disappointments.
DjShaggy wrote: Mon 23rd Sep 2019 08:18 am 16 euros for a gram of blue dream or la confidential don’t get me wrong they were great strains of their time but that really is a sad depressing menu. Won’t even bother calling in.
On the other hand 16€ for "Blue Dream" and "LA Con" is for sure overpriced :? But in my opinion when the 16€ strains are really high quality (nice grown flushed...) I would prefer that over a not so good grown Gelato, Wedding Cake, Biscotti for the same prices... I remember that they had some quality LA Con also in the past for 15€/g

But well to be honest I don´t think that the 16€ strains here are now "high quality"... to really make a judgment I have to try it in the future :mrgreen:
Exactly!!! If I see Cheese and Gelato Sorbet both priced at €16 but the Cheese looks and smells better, and went through proper flushing and curing, I won't even think twice. People have become the victim of some strong weed marketing in the last 4-5 years, purely buying names without really considering whether it was grown properly or if the product is worth the price.

Gelato is my favourite strain out there, but I've given up on finding a decent batch in NL. Found it once, but never again. None of them close to what a nice batch of Gelato actually smells/tastes like. So I just try to stick to what's good and consistent.