The Stud

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Stud

I like The Stud
71%
I don't like The Stud
29%

Total votes: 21

ozric

The Stud

Post by ozric »

ACD Page: The Stud

For my work as bicycle courier I had to go to the Visum buro, lots of people who wanna go to India were there. I met a nice guy who offered me a Marlboro cigarette even when I told him I had allready smoked a sjekkie (a rolled cigarette without filter). He told me to go to The Stud, which is close to coffeeshop Best Friends. He smoked daily also, like me.
When I arrived at The Stud I wanted to double lock my bicycle but one of the staff who was outside told me it wasn't necessary so I didn't chainlock the bicycle.
When I commented I would like to doublechain it anyway because I wanted to smoke a joint inside, he told me sorry you can't smoke inside. Something which happens more and more in Amsterdam coffeeshops...
"White Widow for 20 euro's please, I was told it was good", I said.
For every 20 euro purchase you get free papers and tips, but as I prefer the Raw papers and tips I let the budtender know I didn't want the bleached papers and tips, he offered me a red lighter which I accepted.
The White Widow was a sweet full bag, I don't know how many grams but I'm guessing it's in the 2,5 - 3 gram range.

I just smoked a joint of it and can surely feel it.

I could not find The Stud in the database so here's the streetname: Niasstraat
You can easily spot it but looking at the yellow round lid coffeeshop The Stud sign.

moogle

Re: Coffeeshop The Stud

Post by moogle »

ozric wrote:ACD Page: The Stud

he told me sorry you can't smoke inside. Something which happens more and more in Amsterdam coffeeshops...

What?? I've never once come across a dutch coffeeshop that prohibits smoking cannabis inside?? can someone else shed some light on this please?? you said its " Something which happens more and more in Amsterdam coffeeshops...".. if that is the case then what other coffeeshops do NOT allow smoking inside?? I'm confused on this matter really...I've never experienced this nor have I heard of anyone else being told "no smoking inside"... seems a bit strange to me...
Lazaris

Post by Lazaris »

moogle wrote:
ozric wrote:ACD Page: The Stud

he told me sorry you can't smoke inside. Something which happens more and more in Amsterdam coffeeshops...

What?? I've never once come across a dutch coffeeshop that prohibits smoking cannabis inside?? can someone else shed some light on this please?? you said its " Something which happens more and more in Amsterdam coffeeshops...".. if that is the case then what other coffeeshops do NOT allow smoking inside?? I'm confused on this matter really...I've never experienced this nor have I heard of anyone else being told "no smoking inside"... seems a bit strange to me...
There are shops that only sell weed and hash, you can't smoke inside. Obviously these are mostly local shops
where you buy and fly (but, you fly later, when you find a place to blaze) :lol:
ozric

Post by ozric »

They told me also in coffeeshop The Power. It was a temporary situation.
I could only roll a joint and consume a drink inside. The budtender offered me a more expensive drink for the same money because I changed my mind.
No problem, sometimes when it's windy and wet outside that's precisely what you need.
Smoking the joint elsewhere outside on the street is ofcourse still ok. Or somewhere on a bench in a park.

Also coffeeshop D&L allowed me to only roll inside.
They seem to need a copy of your passport and then they can make you a member.
As a member you're allowed further inside.
But the police can also look into all the members lists I think.
Police also usually allows 5 plants or less. Anything above that will be taken away.
And police will take your weed when you're misbehaving in the city and they catch you and find your stash.
ohm sweet ohm

Post by ohm sweet ohm »

Been The Stud a few times. It's OK. Cheap deals, but you get a lot shady looking gangs hanging around outside at night..
Ω♥Ω ¸·´¯`·.´¯`·¸¸·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

http://www.cannabisarmy.com
Smokerstoo

Post by Smokerstoo »

Very first shop I visited.

Had postcode set in from Calais in Satnav :P . Nice easy one to drive to. If staying at camping zeeburg its on the way.

Bought 1g Lemon Haze 10e was given roaches and skins. Great place to buy and run from. Area looks a bit iffy.

Otherwise ok.
Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

The Stud?? :lol: Sounds like an BDSM club :lol:
KEEP ER LIT
SilentlyScreaming

Post by SilentlyScreaming »

It looks as though this will be one of the closest CS to our houseboat this January, so will do my best to (asking first re. pics obviously!) give a mini-review/menu pic(s).
Black-King

Post by Black-King »

hey borat, no pics yet?
RASTAFARI RIGHTEOUS KINGDOM http://rastafari-christ.webs.com/
SilentlyScreaming

Post by SilentlyScreaming »

Nope, we never made it there, sorry. See the trip reports for where we did go, pics etc.
LionofJudah

Post by LionofJudah »

No smoking thing happened to me at Barentsz near Westerpark.

PS:
Black-King wrote:hey borat, no pics yet?
uhh... WTF?
C1P8

Post by C1P8 »

Hello everyone.
I lived for some months in the neighborhood (Indische Buurt) in 2001 and I remember they sold some decent and cheap smokables but even a (super cheap and good as it can be) "soap bar" like 1,- guilder per gram :D
I went there 2 times in September 2012, and this, as every other CS in the neighborhood had become a buy & fly shop only. They were very friendly and welcoming when I asked to see and smell the products but you can no longer go inside and take a seat. I asked why some people were sitting and we couldn't and they said that the few seats remained are only for long time customers.
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

So went here as it is about 5mins from my new(ish) flat. I have heard it isn't so nice at night, but I have been during the day a couple of times and it always seems busy with locals (nearly exclusively buy and fly) and the staff are really friendly. I have found with quite a few local shops, that they only seem to stock quite basic strains (ie WW, Skunk, few Hash, Amnesia), however I was pleasently surprised to see a fairly wide ranging list (unfortunately I can't remember them all, but a few haze strains, some Kush). All stuff is pre-bagged, but you are given the choice of bags to pick from, and prices are reasonable (don't think anything was over 12e).

I bought some S5 Haze, nice looking nugs (my gram was a single bud), smell was a typical haze, which intensifies quite alot when ground, some sweet overtones, but with some citrus thrown in (ala SLH). I have to say, to me the bud didn't feel right. It looked overly covered in trichs, and had an odd feel to it, not wet but like a bit spongy with a hard coating. When ground it almost felt a little moist when I rubbed the plant matter between my fingers (didn't notice any mold). Didn't reckon much to flavour (however I don't have much of a pallet at the best of times, and especially not at the moment), but it seemed to burn fairly clean, not pure white, but by no means black ash (grey-white ash). High was decent enough in terms of strength, but I don't know, to me it didn't feel overly clean (maybe I just had it in my head that it was sprayed).

A friend who has bought a few times from here thinks that there stuff has a tendency to taste a bit chemically, not just the bud but also the hash. I don't know whether this is due to it being sprayed (not the hash), or just not being flushed properly, but I think I shall reserve this shop for emergencies.

Anyway, a couple of pictures;
orle

Post by orle »

Looks nice enough. If it burned alright, had grey white ash, and didn't taste strange I wouldn't worry too much. The appearance may be so cos it has been dried hastily and unevenly, so that there is a crisp layer/coating on the outside while the inside is left still damp.
bennybig

Post by bennybig »

Hi,

After reading a few topics, I register because I want to tell you about my experience with the Dutch coffeeshops. Mainly about coffeeshop The Stud.
As a student at one of the universities in Amsterdam, I’ve been in a lot of different coffeeshops. I'm almost like an expert in this field :). Some coffeeshops you’re not allowed to enter, some do allow you.

My best experience is by far with coffee shop The Stud. It's very close near the University I study. A trendy beautiful place, with a great atmosphere and good products. They have and a large variety and a really affordable price. It's far far far cheaper than in the centre of Amsterdam, with a much better quality.
One of the workers told me that they have moved to this new place since November 2013. Now it's also allowed to smoke inside. They also have in the back some computers, so you can use the internet, and free wifi. So sometimes I take my own notebook with me, buy a joint, a drink and just relax.

Here at this forum I've read that you cannot smoke inside and that it was a though neighborhood, but that's not anymore with their new location. I totally can recommend this place to everybody.

Last edited by bennybig on Mon 20th Oct 2014 01:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.