The Plug West (Hugo de Groot)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like The Plug West (formerly Hugo de Groot)

I like Hugo de Groot
83%
I do not like Hugo de Groot
17%

Total votes: 18

Colino

Re: Hugo de Groot

Post by Colino »

Marco wrote:
elasticband wrote:stopped by tonight as i heard about the discount but had not read this thread, i was dubious at the discount prices due to the amount of sprayed/grit weed that use to go round the UK a few years ago. anyway i bought cheese and amg13. rolled a J of the amg13 and after a few tokes i could tell there was something not right with it..... it burned ok but had a horrible feeling/effect on my throat. Will not be going back here again! Always knew the stuff adds around 35-25% to the weight of bud, guess thats why its 25% discount and fly and by only...... if customers stuck around they may get some complaints.
I stopped going there fpr the same reason.
This happened to me too with the lemon haze but only on discount day and amg. shame as I went also on other days and the weed was nice, for sure different from the one I bought few days later with the discount

alpen rock

Post by alpen rock »

This happened to me too with the lemon haze but only on discount day and amg
Fecking scandalous practices!!!
I'd never thought a (decent) CS could sell sprayed sh*t, but I hear it's becoming more and more the case, especially in the South of NL :shock: :shock: :shock:

Has someone talked to the staff there about this kind of practices?

PS: thks alot Orle for all your nice up to date bud pics!!
orle

Post by orle »

I don't doubt you guys' expertise, but do you have any evidence of this "spraying" or at least a bit more detailed info?
Apart from having a harsh feeling in your throat.

If you bring it to the testing lab (jacob obrechtstraat for example) they can do an analysis and definitely tell you if there is anything wrong with it. Before calling Hugo out on scandalous practices or not.

I bought that upthread SLH on special day too, and I haven't had any problem with cure/flush/aroma/taste. It's not a world-class cure, but not harsh or "off" either.
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

orle wrote:I don't doubt you guys' expertise, but do you have any evidence of this "spraying"?
If you bring it to the testing lab (jacob obrechtstraat for example) they can do an analysis and definitely tell you if there is anything wrong with it. Before calling them out on scandalous practices or not.

I bought that upthread SLH on special day too, and I haven't had any problem with cure/flush/aroma/taste. It's not a world-class cure, but not harsh or "off" either.

I was actually going to ask about a testing lab :) i saw at the loft the otherday they had professional looking print outs with information about each strain, i thought the web address was test-lab.nl but nothing comes up, might go check again :)

Apart from my own judgment i have no evidence, what i can say is i have probably experienced much more contaminated weed than most dutch people, it was rife in the UK for a long time and i saw MANY different forms, each better and better.

I can also say there are people advertising online selling these contaminated buds out of NL and also the special liquids they use to contaminate which adds 25% to the weight.
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

http://www.gritweed.co.uk/

not a professional site by all means, but it is there to inform people of what many were experiencing through out the UK, it still happens.
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
alpen rock

Post by alpen rock »

don't doubt you guys' expertise, but do you have any evidence of this "spraying" or at least a bit more detailed info?

If you bring it to the testing lab (jacob obrechtstraat for example) they can do an analysis and definitely tell you if there is anything wrong with it. Before calling Hugo out on scandalous practices or not.

Lol...I truly hope most people here can make a difference between an unflushed/uncured/badly processed weed (sold by 80% of AMS shops at a given time BTW) and nasty sprayed buds...
An unmistakable clue is the ashes tht turn solid.

In switzerland a common practice during Henfshops Era was to sell sprayed weed, but it was only water to gain weight, so not SO big deal...tungsten spray anyone?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

++
orle

Post by orle »

The controversy had put me off this shop for a while!

Got 2gr bud of Am-G13 today, 8.25 p/gram.

Appearance was A+ and it was nicely dry. Nice haze touches in the aroma (wood etc), sweet-ish amnesia taste, a bit harsh at 200 celsius. Potent as fuck! I do admit I went in looking for the most potency for my money, which is like going to a booze shop to buy their cheapest high % spirit :oops:

Here's a single calyx. Obscene trich coverage :shock:

orle

Post by orle »

Went back for: 2 grams of Casey Jones and 2 grams of Amazing Haze, four grams for the total of 30,80 (discounted today). The Casey Jones was 9 p/gram and the Amazing was 6,30.

Dry and well-trimmed, with no immediate signs of tampering/spraying/frauding to me.

Casey Jones first, then Amazing Haze:

orle

Post by orle »

the Casey Jones is quite good, I've compared it to the Casey Jones from coffeeshop johnny and I prefer Hugo's for a bit more taste and more potency.

the Amazing Haze is not so hot, with a one-dimensional aroma, flat taste, obviously still full of nutrients or worse :lol: (harsh in the vape).

I hadn't been here in a while and my main reason to go back was to see if they did indeed start some unkosher practices. I have used their weed & hash near-daily for a few years as I lived closeby and never noticed anything contaminated, not even on their discount-days, but doubts started cropping up: had I been poisoning myself for years? Had I been feeding the families of poisoners? Had my positive reviews caused other ACDers to feed the families of poisoners? I had to go back and find out to get peace of mind.

:| I'm still not sure if they bash their gear.. but I certainly don't expect, say, Gray Area levels of taste and cure when buying there. Still an ugly hole in the wall with an ever-present stench of Nag Champa and some really slick neon lights. I won't mention the parrot (lets just say there's a reason why firearms are not allowed in this shop)

:oops:
Panog

Post by Panog »

Hahaha when I went there I was like "how can you work there a whole day without killing that fucking parrot"
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

I st have missed the parrot on my one visit
orle

Post by orle »

They keep it (the parrot) in the back, presumably cos it's a noisy piece of shit.

It used to be able to speak Dutch with its voice (well, "FAWAKKA!") but over the years it has degenerated into a Lovecraftian yelp of terror :mrgreen:

I went thru a bit of their Casey Jones last night and it's nice but not 11,50 per gram nice. Most likely won't be back here, considering the alternatives
Hash2k

Post by Hash2k »

updated menu? place is interesting
http://www.hash2k.com
instagram/twitter @Hash2k
winnie

Post by winnie »

:mrgreen:
cgarr04

Post by cgarr04 »

If you burn a piece of contaminated weed from between your finger tips and smell the smoke that rises from it you'll normally find it smells like burnt toast 8)

I am considering checking this place out since it's the 5th tomorrow - has anyone tried it recently?