Solo

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Solo

I like Solo
96%
I don't like Solo
4%

Total votes: 48

Sanchez_

Re: Solo

Post by Sanchez_ »

Nosed Beachfront @€12.50/13? Per g. Quite fruity and forward from the tub.
Good strong sativa kick for a morning buzz but a little hit and miss with flavour, smoked quite smoothly when combusted too

Sour Diesel Filtered Hash @€15 think I got a bit excited by this one, very malleable and dark, easy to break apart into a joint and definitely a good hitter in terms of strength, was lacking a little in flavour so I felt it didn't warrant the price tag really.

ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

/very pleased with multiple (near daily) trips to Solo my last trip April 16-25

very convenient to my RLD hotel & a very pleasant walk

bud tenders were fantastic, especially Andrea who carefully manicured my 5 gr purchases of Shoreline
He who tries to shine dims his own light
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

ed the head wrote: Tue 3rd May 2022 11:49 pm bud tenders were fantastic, especially Andrea who carefully manicured my 5 gr purchases of Shoreline
True especially Andrea is fantastic :mrgreen: she is everytime very chilled and take the time for conversation. Furthermore we speak the same native language. It's a nice change to talk to someone in Amsterdam in their native language :D
I remember when I got some "Kashmir hash" from her she always cutted the hash in fine small stripes even if there was a queue behind me. She really put love in their products :lol:
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

Marok21 wrote: Wed 4th May 2022 06:06 pm
ed the head wrote: Tue 3rd May 2022 11:49 pm bud tenders were fantastic, especially Andrea who carefully manicured my 5 gr purchases of Shoreline
True especially Andrea is fantastic :mrgreen: she is everytime very chilled and take the time for conversation. Furthermore we speak the same native language. It's a nice change to talk to someone in Amsterdam in their native language :D
I remember when I got some "Kashmir hash" from her she always cutted the hash in fine small stripes even if there was a queue behind me. She really put love in their products :lol:
Are you and Andrea native Dutch, or other?
Sorry I should have asked, she sounded native Dutch to me but I am admittedly a poor judge
:mrgreen:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

ed the head wrote: Wed 4th May 2022 07:16 pm
Sorry I should have asked, she sounded native Dutch to me but I am admittedly a poor judge
If Andrea is the more elderly lady, it's quite apparent from her accent (in English) that she is a Deutscher, like Mr. Marok.
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

Nuggz wrote: Wed 4th May 2022 08:25 pm

If Andrea is the more elderly lady, it's quite apparent from her accent (in English) that she is a Deutscher, like Mr. Marok.
Thank you and pardon my error
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

ed the head wrote: Wed 4th May 2022 08:27 pm
Nuggz wrote: Wed 4th May 2022 08:25 pm
Thank you and pardon my error
No problem, sorry if the tone came of condescending, such wasn't my intention. :mrgreen:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

ed the head wrote: Wed 4th May 2022 07:16 pm Are you and Andrea native Dutch, or other?
No worries mate :D . It´s like Nuggz wrote while Andrea is if I remember right from Austria or Switzerland but not 100% sure on that. No wonder you thought she was from nl because her dutch sounds very good and like a local to me. I also thought she was Dutch at first but when I tried to talk in english with her she directly noticed that I am german guy :lol:
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

Marok21 wrote: Fri 6th May 2022 08:49 pm
ed the head wrote: Wed 4th May 2022 07:16 pm Are you and Andrea native Dutch, or other?
No worries mate :D . It´s like Nuggz wrote while Andrea is if I remember right from Austria or Switzerland but not 100% sure on that. No wonder you thought she was from nl because her dutch sounds very good and like a local to me. I also thought she was Dutch at first but when I tried to talk in english with her she directly noticed that I am german guy :lol:
:mrgreen: danke :mrgreen:
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Solo dated June 13, 2022. Thanks to BD.

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Solo/Menus/Solo.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
kalima

Post by kalima »

so we visited as our last stop before getting the train back to thew airport. Been here a few times and always super impressed with what they have and the quality, but we must have hot them on a bit of a short day as the weed menu was quite small, on the Indica side there was only a choice of 4, solo mix, royal solo, solo Kush and the lemon wookie glue .
well it was the smoothest ,in fact one of the smoothest weeds I have ever smoked, had some of the lemon taste, but at least there was some there. wasn't overly strong and to be honest as smooth as it was 17 euros was a bit steep to say the least. from the updated menus they had a better selection a day or so later , so I guess it was a bit a a dip in supplies. Bud tender I hadn't seen before but super friendly.
Deus

Post by Deus »

1/6/22 - 5/6/22

I’ve been to Amsterdam around 30 times and have only just visited this gem of a coffeeshop. I’m so glad I found this place, as I found it to be my favourite of the trip. Great customer service from Andrea and found the hash to be very good quality.

Lemon Larry OG - €12 p/g

My favourite daytime smoke. Beautiful lemon smell which transferred to taste. It also crumbled well, making it easier to roll without getting hands too sticky. Repeat purchase for me.

8.5/10

Nicole Kush - €13 p/g

Had to get 5 grams. Smelt amazing and was definitely the strongest hash I’d purchased that trip. Not too sticky and was easy to roll into sausages. A great example of Nicole Kush.

9/10
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Deus wrote: Sat 25th Jun 2022 11:03 pm 1/6/22 - 5/6/22

I’ve been to Amsterdam around 30 times and have only just visited this gem of a coffeeshop. I’m so glad I found this place, as I found it to be my favourite of the trip. Great customer service from Andrea and found the hash to be very good quality.

Lemon Larry OG - €12 p/g

My favourite daytime smoke. Beautiful lemon smell which transferred to taste. It also crumbled well, making it easier to roll without getting hands too sticky. Repeat purchase for me.

8.5/10

Nicole Kush - €13 p/g

Had to get 5 grams. Smelt amazing and was definitely the strongest hash I’d purchased that trip. Not too sticky and was easy to roll into sausages. A great example of Nicole Kush.

9/10
I also tried the Lemon Larry OG hash (12/g) and Nicole Kush hash (13€/g) on my trip a bit more than a month ago :mrgreen:

The Lemon Larry OG hash (12€/g) was also one of my favorite daytime hashes last year but sadly it wasn´t on the menu for some time. I was really happy to see it on the menu again :mrgreen: While it seems to me that this batch had a bit more indica in it than before but like you wrote its still a great daytime smoke :mrgreen:

The Nicole Kush hash (13€/g) looked simply amazing so I had to go for it, too :mrgreen: Like you wrote easy to handle not too sticky. Bubbles nicely when touched by the flame. Because of its look/smell/taste I think its better cured than many other hashes around. Smoked pretty smooth with a strong indica effect. I really liked it :mrgreen:

Girl Scout Cookies double filtered hash (16€/g) - They lately won the 3rd place in the "import hash" category at the High Life Cup 2022 for it. More creamy bit darker brownish piece of hash. Pretty soft and pliable. Bubbles strong when touched by the flame. Natural pleasent smell/taste of the used genetics. Well I tried a few filtered hashes that had a really crazy intense taste of the used genetics while this one was maybe not the most intense one in terms of taste but still nice and strong effect.

------------------------------------------

On my last trip a few days ago I noticed that the Lemon Larry OG hash (12€/g) was a new batch. Now it´s creamy and sticky and darker than before but I still like it. Review will follow...

They also added 3 new filtered hashes to their menu each for 16€/g. I went for the Wedding Cake Double filtered hash which is more crumbly (review will follow). They also had Tangielato Double filtered hash and something like "Mango" double filtered hash but I can´t remember exactly :lol:
The Girl Scout Cookie hash was not on the menu anymore...
Deus

Post by Deus »

Marok21 wrote: Wed 10th Aug 2022 07:34 pm
Deus wrote: Sat 25th Jun 2022 11:03 pm 1/6/22 - 5/6/22

Lemon Larry OG - €12 p/g

8.5/10

Nicole Kush - €13 p/g

9/10
I also tried the Lemon Larry OG hash (12/g) and Nicole Kush hash (13€/g) on my trip a bit more than a month ago :mrgreen:

The Lemon Larry OG hash (12€/g) was also one of my favorite daytime hashes last year but sadly it wasn´t on the menu for some time. I was really happy to see it on the menu again :mrgreen: While it seems to me that this batch had a bit more indica in it than before but like you wrote its still a great daytime smoke :mrgreen:

The Nicole Kush hash (13€/g) looked simply amazing so I had to go for it, too :mrgreen: Like you wrote easy to handle not too sticky. Bubbles nicely when touched by the flame. Because of its look/smell/taste I think its better cured than many other hashes around. Smoked pretty smooth with a strong indica effect. I really liked it :mrgreen:

Girl Scout Cookies double filtered hash (16€/g) - They lately won the 3rd place in the "import hash" category at the High Life Cup 2022 for it. More creamy bit darker brownish piece of hash. Pretty soft and pliable. Bubbles strong when touched by the flame. Natural pleasent smell/taste of the used genetics. Well I tried a few filtered hashes that had a really crazy intense taste of the used genetics while this one was maybe not the most intense one in terms of taste but still nice and strong effect.

------------------------------------------

On my last trip a few days ago I noticed that the Lemon Larry OG hash (12€/g) was a new batch. Now it´s creamy and sticky and darker than before but I still like it. Review will follow...

They also added 3 new filtered hashes to their menu each for 16€/g. I went for the Wedding Cake Double filtered hash which is more crumbly (review will follow). They also had Tangielato Double filtered hash and something like "Mango" double filtered hash but I can´t remember exactly :lol:
The Girl Scout Cookie hash was not on the menu anymore...
I agree, the Sensible was far from what I was expecting. It’s been a while since my last purchase, maybe even over 5 years ago. Really miss that unique smell the old batches had. It kind of reminded me of Reserva X from Coffeeshop Anyday many years ago. Well, I would put it in that category anyway (quality wise).

All the other hashes you mentioned sound amazing. I do love a orange strain hash. So, that Tangielato sounds like my cup of tea. Honestly cannot wait for my next trip. :D

And thank you for reminding me of the year the Habibi was around. I also remember seeing the Riffman Christmas Special, but sadly I wasn’t around at the time. However, I do remember it was being compared (in the comments) with the Habibi. I knew I definitely missed out on that one. Sadly I haven’t read about a batch of hash (after those two) being on the same level.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Deus wrote: Wed 10th Aug 2022 09:50 pm I agree, the Sensible was far from what I was expecting. It’s been a while since my last purchase, maybe even over 5 years ago. Really miss that unique smell the old batches had. It kind of reminded me of Reserva X from Coffeeshop Anyday many years ago. Well, I would put it in that category anyway (quality wise).
Oh yeah that Reserva X make me really nice memories :mrgreen: . I can only agree with you, I miss that smell of the old genetics, too :cry: :lol: I really like the moroccan hash that was available at that time made out of paki/afhan/indian genetics. At some point the genetics disappeared :? but at Original Dampkring I still found over the last years some hashes that were kind of comparable. They even got hash some time ago that was possibly made out of Paki/Afghan/Indian genetics called "Nadij" which tasted pretty similar to the old stuff :mrgreen: but sadly potency was a bit weaker...
Also the Sensabille had some fire batches over the last years but sadly quality changes from batch to batch. While the quality here is in general more constant than in many other coffeeshops I would say.
Also the Niqa was fire for a period...
Sadly it seems like that right now many batches are not that special (well only the Mantequilla) which is pretty rare at Dampkring but I hope they will get some fire batches as soon as possible :D . Well it will be hard to beat the old Sensabile from years back because of the now dead genetics but the fact that there is still fine classic hash that stands out from the crowd makes me positive :mrgreen:
Deus wrote: Wed 10th Aug 2022 09:50 pm All the other hashes you mentioned sound amazing. I do love a orange strain hash. So, that Tangielato sounds like my cup of tea. Honestly cannot wait for my next trip.

I can definitely recommend the Wedding cake filtered hash! That Tangielato looked also very tempting but sadly I couldn´t try them all :cry: :lol: I have had very good experiences with Coffeeshop Solo especially in terms of newschool hash. I never got really disappointed here and I trust their quality.

Over the last years the quality of newschool hash increased a lot while the oldschool stuff gets less and less... that has pros and cons... on one hand years back there was no hash around that smelled/tastes so crazy like the weed its made from (well Skuff was like that) but on the other hand that unique real hashy taste is nearly dead :? With that newschool hashes you have also more variety in terms of effect in my opinion... but different to the really relaxing effect classic moroccan has on me.