Happy People

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Happy People

I like Happy People
86%
I don't like Happy People
14%

Total votes: 7

Balou

Happy People

Post by Balou »

ACD Page: Happy People

Visited the shop this Monday with Matty and StrawberrySoul. Smoked some of their Amnesia and it was pretty good. The fact that you have to be buzzed in the smoking room may put some people off. Right next to the Dappermarkt and around the corner from the 't IJ Bruwerij. If you are in the area and need a smoke, you should stop by.

Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
Epsilon

Re: Happy People

Post by Epsilon »

Menu from October 012 ...This CS pretty much has the Dapperstraat Market to itself . Located right at the beginning
of the Market across the gracht a bit from the Molen brewery . Its smallish and can be difficult to get a seat . If it was twice as big , it would probably make twice as much money ... They put the "buzz in" in as part of the 08 smoking law thing ,as there is a lot of buy and go traffic , maybe its just as well ...Not a problem to get in . Same crew of regulars and couple running the shop since we first visited in 01 ... Amnesia was good this last visit, as was the HashJoint ... a nice part of a visit to the Market and or Tropen Museum ... recommended for couples or small group ...doubt that a large group would get a spot at the counter , or a table . There are a couple tables outdoors , but it can get heavy with market traffic . An early opener ,like 7 AM if I remember right .
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

Was not allowed to buy a drink and smoke our own in this place -delivered with plenty of attitude

Happened a number of years ago - crossed them off my personal list
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I wonder whether there may be some confusion of Happy People and Funny People here. just a thought.
worldcitizen1723

Lemming wrote:I wonder whether there may be some confusion of Happy People and Funny People here. just a thought.
Could be...
They were not happy or funny : >
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

Lemming wrote:I wonder whether there may be some confusion of Happy People and Funny People here. just a thought.
My vote at the top was a mistake. It was Funny people that was shite. Am I able to undo this?
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad
worldcitizen1723

Apollo wrote:
My vote at the top was a mistake. It was Funny people that was shite. Am I able to undo this?
i idid not vote - but yeah, it was funny people (with the sinister comic faces) that was such a rude place
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Popped in today after doing some shopping at Dappermarkt
Ocean Haze
Twizla
fraidofspiders

Post by fraidofspiders »

Far away from Central. Spent a couple of afternoon/evenings in here. Rather small 3 tables and a counter area. Very local crowd, but very friendly. They managed to squeeze a pinball machine in here as well, Tron Legacy. Small menu. I kept going back for the amnesia haze. It was very good, 10 e a gram. Sticky, good flavour. Strong high. I was probably the only tourist I saw there during 4 visits and no one under 30 in the place, maybe 40 even.
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

I've been there many times in Aug/Sept 2011. Back then also their Amnesia was usually my first choice there, besides the good Jack Herer. If there's a better shop nearby, I didn't find it yet. Would have returned too but never found myself staying in east again so far.
WhiteAnimal420

Post by WhiteAnimal420 »

Had a few days ago nice Cheese Haze from here , which was very strong and pungent smell :) Altough was more activated , than stoned effect.
Also tried their Amnesia Hash ( 8 Euro / G ..think cheapest in town .) More dark hash , looks like traditional , not very sticky or creamy , but still strong ...stronger than most of Amsterdam Genetics Blocks. :)
kushy

Post by kushy »

Getting some nice, new school hash from here recently, Citral (7e), Amnesia (8e) and mango kush hash (8e), in order of high to stoned, all very nice for the price!
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

I like this place, very much a throwback to the coffeeshops of days past. Friendly service, limited menu not exactly full of the latest and greatest strains but all reasonably priced. Picked up some Blue Cheese (11e/g), not the best I've ever had but by no means the worst either. Not sure if the smoking room was open as didn't stick around, but there's a couple of decent outside tables too.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for Happy People dated 12 November 2023, kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by Lebowski_duke

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Happy%2 ... eople.html

mocro_polo

Post by mocro_polo »

King Hassan hash is a decent smoke at 12€/gr. Good flavour, natural. Nice effect. (tried in two different batches during January)