Visit in 2013 worth it?

Legal news, protests, etc.
TwoCanucks

Re: Visit in 2013 worth it?

Post by TwoCanucks »

sensismiler wrote:
Cudi_420 wrote:I'm set to complete my Masters in mid-2012, and will be taking 2-3 weeks off in Oct/Nov to travel through Europe: Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Budapest (my favourite cities).

I've always visited Amsterdam but I might feel less inclined to this time if coffeeshops cut out tourists. It seems like it's going to happen. I'm grateful to have been there three times, but I guess I'll never again get to experience the coffeeshop experience there. Been following this for a while, and there always seems to be something, someone, somewhere trying to put an end to these shops, but the wietpas seems to be the only thing with a bit of legs and political support. I am not confident that I'll be able to enter any shop and buy as a tourist.

Sad times :(

Happy for anyone to disagree with me! It is hard to come across information on this. This forum is definitely my no.1 source (and a random search in Google for recent news, but the translations are often quite poor).
October and November you'll still be able to go in coffeeshops. So get your travel booked!! The ban doesnt come in until Jan 1st 2013
Mid 2012 has passed , i think he meant to say he was going in Oct/Nov 2013

Amsterdam dreaming.............
Cudi_420

Post by Cudi_420 »

Yes I meant to say mid-2013.
treetop

Post by treetop »

As things look like going I'd say my planned breeze through visit in March could be a go. Might cancel the emergency cup week visit as it looks like business as usual for the time being.
How much did you produce?
sensismiler

Post by sensismiler »

treetop wrote:As things look like going I'd say my planned breeze through visit in March could be a go. Might cancel the emergency cup week visit as it looks like business as usual for the time being.
I'm not quite as satisfied with the news. I really don't think there's a chance we will be banned but I'm still gonna wait until January before booking anything. It will be concrete then! I really had to force myself to not book flights though :lol:

Saying that, as more info is released, I may be swayed
Cudi_420

Post by Cudi_420 »

Treating myself to a trip in July-Dec 2013 :)