A Fresh Approach To Drugs

Legal news, protests, etc.
spidergawd

A Fresh Approach To Drugs

Post by spidergawd »

I haven't read through yet, it's part funded by the Government so we will see what if anything gets taken onboard.

http://www.ukdpc.org.uk/publication/a-fresh-approach/

This is a very wide ranging survey and report and theres a lot of it, it took 6 years ffs, so I'm going to put a day aside later in the week to get my teeth into it :mrgreen: :P

What a long strange trip it is.
Sailor59

Re: A Fresh Approach To Drugs

Post by Sailor59 »

Probably nothing. All political parties pander to 'disgusted of Tunbridge Wells'.

These stalwarts of the community were probably stoners in the 60s/70s but their position in society leads them to self denial. I rely mostly on my son who is 25. He tokes daily and holds down a responsible job. He has been offered in the last few weeks chemically altered whizz, Morningside speed that he said looks like baking soda with a hint of salt and various other substances that could have come from an average garden centre.

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells is alive and kicking in our government, at least they have the bollocks to admit inhaling the good herb (where are you Billy Clinton) but needs must and they are totally against any relaxations of the current laws. All this while they are partaking of the goodness in an Islington apartment.

Bunch of hypocritical wankers.
Matroos negenenvijftig
youngian

Post by youngian »

I agree, drug policy is not evidence based in the UK (although the police and health authorities are ahead of politicians) and only interested in pandering to rhetoric, even if the end result is more costly and worse option for public health.
Sailor59

Post by Sailor59 »

Last Saturday evening I was having a quick smoke (tobacco) outside a major London station prior to catching my train home. The British Transport Police were much in evidence and had copped a young couple with their sniffer spaniel. They unearthed about what looked like .50 of a g of hash in a baggie. Three officers and two PCSOs frogmarched them off with the girl in tears. What a good use of resources for what will inevitably be a warning and a slap on the wrist. Meanwhile, some 20 or so Bury FC supporters were 'avin it large in the bar and causing considerable bother while the Bill stood and watched.

:evil:
Matroos negenenvijftig
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Ha ha, now you're looking for logic. You wont find too much of that in the law, it went out with King Solomon:D.
What a long strange trip it is.
fox4

Post by fox4 »

I actually read most of the report and it was all in favour of having a similar rule in the UK as some of the other Countries in the World but as per usual our Wonderful Home Office stuck it's Head in Sand and A*** in the air and said "Our Drug policies are working (Huh) Drug taking is down (what) and there is no need for change (whoopee). What planet are they on ??
Let's realistically look at the Truth. Your Drug policy is not working, Drug taking is not down it's going up, and as for change well if we could stop Youngsters getting Drugs, Take it away from the Underworld, stop Hard Drugs (as most people who Smoke don't agree with H/Drugs) and Legalise the big "C" with register, taxing and Coffeeshops the Gov. would save a fortune (in police, Courts, and Prisons) whil'st taxing our pleasure.
Legalize it and give Freedom to the World