Grey Area

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Grey Area

I like Grey Area
88%
I don't like Grey Area
12%

Total votes: 558

notsofasteddie

Re: Grey Area

Post by notsofasteddie »

skywalker wrote: Thu 13th Sep 2018 02:55 pm In my experience, Grey Area has always had "fresher" stickier weed because the proprietors are Americans, and we prefer slightly moist weed for the bowls we usually smoke because it's less harsh on the throat than the bone dry weed that Europeans prefer for their joints.
FAKE NEWS!! :mrgreen:

OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

notsofasteddie wrote: Fri 14th Sep 2018 12:10 am
skywalker wrote: Thu 13th Sep 2018 02:55 pm In my experience, Grey Area has always had "fresher" stickier weed because the proprietors are Americans, and we prefer slightly moist weed for the bowls we usually smoke because it's less harsh on the throat than the bone dry weed that Europeans prefer for their joints.
FAKE NEWS!! :mrgreen:
:D
I think you mean ‘alternative facts’
skywalker

Post by skywalker »

Hahaha, think what you will, but in America, especially before legalization was a thing, most street weed in the 90s and early 00s was moist to the touch so that's what we were accustomed to.

And anytime someone sold us properly dried weed, we would call it old bunk weed. Because the moist weed had a much more dank stench that you could smell from 2 rooms away.

And plus there are some older cuts of OG kush that were infinitely more flavorful a little moist. And some Cali Indicas have more of a heavy body high when moist that, when dry to the touch, becomes a straight up head high only.

Nowadays all the weed sold in American dispensaries are properly cured and will stay lit after a single flick of the lighter. Back in the moist street weed days we'd have to keep the lighter lit for the duration of a bowl hit.

But yeah, just look at old, like 2006 reviews of Grey Area and most people remarked on how much fresher their weed is compared to other shops.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

skywalker wrote: Thu 13th Sep 2018 02:55 pm In my experience, Grey Area has always had "fresher" stickier weed
Well I understand what you mean... I like fresh sticky weed, too but simply moist weed is something different... I think you mean weed that makes you the "sticky fingers" and it´s nearly not possible to roll a joint without a grinder... like Coffeeshop Utopias Citral which was pretty often like this and I also liked that a lot...

Moist weed is something different for me it´s simply not dried in the right way or the storage was wrong or something else...

Sticky fresh weed tastes nice... simply moist weed not :D

Well in the end it is a question of taste... good dried weed don´t mean that it is not fresh or sticky anymore but like said before simply moist weed taste/burn not good usually... if it´s to dry it tastes also not so good anymore...
monster420

Post by monster420 »

Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

monster420 wrote: Wed 26th Sep 2018 11:35 am
Ok you're usually a worthless poster, but this, this is just shameless self-promotion. I like how they started off with Grey Area at #5 to throw the scent trail of self-promotion but then it unfolded as:

#5. Grey Area
#4. Tweede Kamer
#3. De Bij
#2. Coffeeshop Amsterdam
#1. Boerenjongens Centrum

Come on guys stay out of ranking coffeeshops if you yourself are a consortium of coffeeshops, fackin' hell!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Please AG hire me as your PR guy, I promise I can help you avoid cringe-inducing blunders with the stoner community henceforth...
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

I saw this and the hash equivalent video on youtube.

Was thinking the exact same. Fairly shameless self promotion!!
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Ahhhh, Grey Area with no queue / patrons packed in like sardines? I call shenanigans even without the self-promotion :mrgreen:
GanjaGod

Post by GanjaGod »

Wat the fok😂😂😂😂😂 sad sad shit
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

But why post it on this thread and others? It's Amsterdam Genetics that needs to be called out and shamed. Decent products, crap advertising.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Got some of the Rolex OG this week, popcorn buds, but quite potent.....think it was €16/g
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

RoMoney wrote: Fri 28th Dec 2018 09:43 am Got some of the Rolex OG this week, popcorn buds, but quite potent.....think it was €16/g
16 a gram for popcorn
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
bearbong

Post by bearbong »

Got a g of grey haze (12e) very nice dense buds amazing smell and super hazy high. Would recommend :mrgreen:
Also tried to get their nepal cream for 15e but it was sold out. Budtender recommended me to get the GG#4 (15e blonde/brown color very nice smell) but I declined since I was looking for some black hash.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Grey Area dated March 20, 2019. Thanks GP.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Grey%20A ... 0Area.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite