Sativa (formerly Green Planet and Monaco)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Sativa

ImageImageImageImageImage 5/5
100%
ImageImageImageImageImage 4/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 3/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 2/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 1/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 0/5
No votes

Total votes: 1

notsofasteddie

Sativa (formerly Green Planet and Monaco)

Post by notsofasteddie »

ACD Page: Sativa (formerly Green Planet and Monaco)

Just had my unfriendliest coffeeshop visit in eight (8) trips to Amsterdam. I went in to Coffeeshop Monaco to get a gram and take a menu picture for FBN. There was a group at the counter so I took a seat to wait my turn. Looking over my shoulder I saw an unused pool table in a second room. I turned in my seat to take a look when the budtender came out from behind the counter and asked me, "where the hell did I think I was going!" I responded that I was just looking at the pool table at which point the budtender snorted something inaudible at me and went back behind the counter!

Big surprise, I won't be back and I would advise others to find a better place which would apply to just about any other coffeeshop in Amsterdam!

orle

Re: Coffeeshop Monaco

Post by orle »

notsofasteddie wrote: Looking over my shoulder I saw an unused pool table in a second room. I turned in my seat to take a look when the budtender came out from behind the counter and asked me, "where the hell did I think I was going!" I responded that I was just looking at the pool table at which point the budtender snorted something inaudible at me
"Not so fast, eddie!"
Mack 10

Post by Mack 10 »

Now that's funny!
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

orle wrote:
notsofasteddie wrote: Looking over my shoulder I saw an unused pool table in a second room. I turned in my seat to take a look when the budtender came out from behind the counter and asked me, "where the hell did I think I was going!" I responded that I was just looking at the pool table at which point the budtender snorted something inaudible at me
"Not so fast, eddie!"
Thanks for the Chuckle :D
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

How did Coffeeshop Monaco avoid the upcoming closings? Was it because the shop didn't exist when the closures were determined and announced?

It irritates me that my least favorite coffeeshop in Amsterdam appears to be a survivor while many of my favorites - Utopia, Anyday, Homegrown Fantasy, La Tertulia - are about to disappear.

I'm hoping that one (1) of the four (4) will be picking up this license.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Coffeeshop Monaco doesn´t exist anymore... it´s now called Coffeeshop Greenplanet. Never was in there... but something is really strange with this coffeeshop. One time I wanted to enter the Coffeeshop a maroccan guy (maybe the owner :?: ) told me that it´s closed... he seemed to be pretty nervous... everything looked like the shop was open :?
Many times I saw this shop closed (even on weekends) but somethimes it is open...
Anyone was there?
GanjaGod

Post by GanjaGod »

Word goes that they sell something else to certain people
MallowKream

Post by MallowKream »

Any clues as to what that might be?
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Marok21

Re: Green Planet (formerly Monaco)

Post by Marok21 »

That shop looks pretty closed on my last visit and google maps also said that it´s permanently closed... hopefully another coffeeshop will take over their license (if they still have one)... it would be awesome if "Homegrown Fantasy" or "Any Day" got their license back... just a bit of dreaming :lol: :lol:
deebzy75

Post by deebzy75 »

was open xmas day ..has been renamed and redesigned...is now coffeeshop sativa

looked busy but i didnt go in...next time :mrgreen:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

deebzy75 wrote: Mon 31st Dec 2018 11:35 am was open xmas day ..has been renamed and redesigned...is now coffeeshop sativa

looked busy but i didnt go in...next time
Crazy when I passed the shop at the beginning of december it didn´t looked like it will be reopening soon... good to hear that the place will still be a coffeeshop in the future :mrgreen:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Like deebzy75 wrote it´s now called coffeeshop Sativa... I found a few pics on their instagram account:

Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Like said before it´s now called Coffeeshop Sativa.

Second time I was here... at the first time I only walked in and wasn´t really impressed by their menu especially in hash. If I remember right they had only 2 or 3 kinds of moroccan hash on the menu but nothing that really looked like something special... this time their menu looked much bigger with some interesting items on it.

Especially their "Pure Jelly hash (17€/g)" and their "Ice O Lator hash medaillons (17€/g) catched my eye... the budtender showed me both... The Jelly hash was very dark sticky hash and the Ice hash Medaillon was ice hash pressed in form of a medaillon. The medaillon had a much brighter colour and it had a kind of spicy hazy smell to it. I was more looking for a strong indica hash so I decide to give the Jelly hash a go :D

Pure Jelly hash (17€/g) - A very dark nearly black oily sticky hash like most Jelly hashes I had. It smelled like a really strong classic import hash to me so probably made in Morocco or made with moroccan hash/oil in nl. Furthermore from look and how it act it seems to me that it´s really made by adding oil... even if it look like that it has not as much oil content than for example 1e Hulps Sour Diesel Jelly hash but that does not have to be bad if the ratio is right. Like the smell it has a real nice classic import hash taste to it. The effect is a strong stoned effect to me that relax my body very nicely :mrgreen: Overall a nice hash! Well for a "Jelly hash" it still could be stronger like when it´s made from indoor ice o lator hash and high quality oil but that would cost much more for sure... maybe a bit pricey with 17€/g and there are also some pretty strong usual import hashes around (like Dampkrings Niqa) that also have that nice import hash flavors for a bit less money but in the end it´s some nice hash and maybe a little bit stronger.

I will come back to check out more of their wares.
la2019

Re: Sativa (formerly Green Planet and Monaco)

Post by la2019 »

So I gotta say the pictures make this place look great--checks a lot of boxes for me. Besides the product, anyone have any impressions of what it's like? Nice place to chill as the pics suggest?