Barney's Breakfast Bar

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Barney's

I like Barney's
73%
I don't like Barney's
27%

Total votes: 245

macky

Re: Barney's Breakfast Bar

Post by macky »

Bought the Turkish delight ..nice ,nice wrapped in wax paper gooey brownie,black clean looking ,bought breakfest burger cross road always good :D

kalima

Post by kalima »

macky wrote: Tue 1st Oct 2019 03:10 pm Bought the Turkish delight ..nice ,nice wrapped in wax paper gooey brownie,black clean looking ,bought breakfest burger cross road always good :D
still as good as it was ?
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

macky wrote: Tue 1st Oct 2019 03:10 pm Bought the Turkish delight ..nice ,nice wrapped in wax paper gooey brownie,black clean looking ,bought breakfest burger cross road always good :D
breakfast tradition at Barneys. Grinspoon and eggs to stay awake after a 6am arrival. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Amsterdam dreaming.............
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Barneys dated January 14, 2020. Thanks to Kevin.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Barneys/ ... rneys.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Barneys dated April 4, 2020. Thanks to BG.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Barneys/ ... rneys.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Looks like Barneys is missing the tourists ,prices down across the menu to match the competition
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I didn´t go here very often but with that cheaper prices I decide to try one of their "top" import hashes. I took a look on their Turkish Delight (16€/g) and Caramella Cream (15€/g). Both looked like quality while the Turkish Delight looked fresher but also ultra sticky to me which reminded me a bit of some hashes that I didn´t liked so much in the past... so I went for the "Caramella Cream" also because it was described by the budtender as more stony. Looking back I would say that "Turkish Delight" looked better than my first impression... so maybe I give it a try next time :wink:

Caramella Cream (15€/g) - Dark brown creamy hash. Didn´t smelled super strong but pleasent and natural. Smooth creamy smoke with a good natural taste kind of earthy spicy... it wasn´t as tasty as I hoped :? but to be honest many hashes of that type that I tried in the recent past wasn´t really super tasty, too. Don´t get me wrong I like the creamy taste of it but it´s not that "full mouth" that I damn love so much :mrgreen: :lol:
Effectwise it´s strong enough and gave me a nice smooth relaxed stoned 8)

Overall good creamy darker hash but still a bit to expensive in my opinion. If I am there next time I will give their Turkish Delight (16€/g) a try.
macky

Post by macky »

Marok21 wrote: Sun 10th May 2020 03:00 pm I didn´t go here very often but with that cheaper prices I decide to try one of their "top" import hashes. I took a look on their Turkish Delight (16€/g) and Caramella Cream (15€/g). Both looked like quality while the Turkish Delight looked fresher but also ultra sticky to me which reminded me a bit of some hashes that I didn´t liked so much in the past... so I went for the "Caramella Cream" also because it was described by the budtender as more stony. Looking back I would say that "Turkish Delight" looked better than my first impression... so maybe I give it a try next time :wink:

Caramella Cream (15€/g) - Dark brown creamy hash. Didn´t smelled super strong but pleasent and natural. Smooth creamy smoke with a good natural taste kind of earthy spicy... it wasn´t as tasty as I hoped :? but to be honest many hashes of that type that I tried in the recent past wasn´t really super tasty, too. Don´t get me wrong I like the creamy taste of it but it´s not that "full mouth" that I damn love so much :mrgreen: :lol:
Effectwise it´s strong enough and gave me a nice smooth relaxed stoned 8)

Overall good creamy darker hash but still a bit to expensive in my opinion. If I am there next time I will give their Turkish Delight (16€/g) a try.
I always buy the Turkish Delight ..some hashheads told me it’s high end Morrocan,always happy even at 18euros but I,m on holidays :D
You should look Greenhouse down street they have better selection then other greenhouse shops ...I find anyway ,maybe the redlight ones close
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

macky wrote: Sun 10th May 2020 03:29 pm I always buy the Turkish Delight ..some hashheads told me it’s high end Morrocan,always happy even at 18euros but I,m on holidays
You should look Greenhouse down street they have better selection then other greenhouse shops ...I find anyway ,maybe the redlight ones close
I remembered what you said about the "Turkish Delight" from Barneys on the trip to Delft/Den Haag/Haarlem last year and because of that I wanted to try it (and of course the cheaper prices atm) :wink: unfortunately my first impression was that this current batch is one of this ultra sticky dark hashes that I don´t liked so much in the last months... when I looking back I think that I would rather have tried it :? :lol:
Another problem was that I couldn't smell the hashes before buying because of the safety measures... so that makes it not easier to judge the offered hash :? but it´s on my list for next trip :mrgreen:
macky wrote: Sun 10th May 2020 03:29 pm You should look Greenhouse down street they have better selection then other greenhouse shops ...I find anyway ,maybe the redlight ones close

Ah I didn´t know that thanks :mrgreen: Greenhouse got much better in terms of hash for me over the last year... although they often had good hash before...
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Turkish Delight hash (16€/g) - This time I tried it :D Like Macky wrote they still wrap it into wax paper. While it isn´t ideal because in
my case small parts of the wax paper sticked to the hash :? It´s a pretty dark creamy sticky soft hash. From look and consistency
very nice kind of special looking hash.

Unfortunately the smell wasn´t so much to my taste at first... I stored it in a small glass jar and after a while I noticed a pleasent kind of sweet hashy smell from it :D but the smell didn´t transfered to the taste :? also very oily and sticky stuff while it´s different to some ultra sticky newschool hashes that I tried over the last 1 or 2 years... the look reminds me more of the "Noor 2000" that Tweede Kamer/Amsterdam Coffeeshop sold some years before which was also pretty oily/sticky but remembered me more of a classic import hash in terms of smell/taste. Unfortunately that "Turkish Delight" didn´t taste good as the Noor 2000 :?

Overall damn nice looking hash the effect was good but because there was no real good taste to me I didn´t enjoyed it to the highest :? too bad I was hoping for more :lol:

Liberty Haze pre rolled Joint (6€/g) -
Usually I don´t buy pre rolled Joints but because it is now only buy and fly and it was super windy outside I decide to try one. With 6€ not really cheap for a mixed joint :? but it did the trick and gave me a nice high :D Not the worst Joint that I smoked so far but it also didn´t burned very clean... there was more weed inside than I thought at first but the mixing ratio (weed/tabacco) was still not ideal and 6€ is to much in my opinion.
Frost

Post by Frost »

Going tomorrow to pick up the Turkish Delight, saw it today, light brown very oily and sticky, super soft, shiny with lots lf cristals, moldeable stuff that looked really special. Looked like the Khalis from Original Dampkring. Unfortunately no Mastercard so tomorrow, i cant smoke it tonight...

Weird thing is that i went to see how it was on another Barneys (next to Amnesia) and it was completely different way more black there so im going with the browner one
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

LAVA CAKE
This is a really nice old school type hash bubbles emencely with lick of flme, I've had 4 beers but this joint is punishing me with every drag "not normal" very strong stuff great flavour intense buzz..

GELATO #41
Nice weed dank flavour reminded me of guava from mr k but not as nice and more expensive so guava wins for me

I have one or two more things from here yet to try so I'll try write a little something more over Christmas ,all in I've found this place touch and go in the past but if anyone's out there at the min lava cake hash is strongly recommended 🤘
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Tokeing tom wrote: Mon 20th Dec 2021 09:19 pm LAVA CAKE
This is a really nice old school type hash bubbles emencely with lick of flme, I've had 4 beers but this joint is punishing me with every drag "not normal" very strong stuff great flavour intense buzz..
I had the Lava Cake hash (17€/g) a few months before from Coffeeshop Amnesia and was really impressed by its look but somehow the effect wasn´t so strong on me https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/ ... &start=480 but after reading your review I had to try it again :mrgreen: and indeed the texture is pretty similar to the last time but as Tom wrote it´s def. strong, too :mrgreen: The smell wasn´t so candy like as the last time but it had a better effect to me and overall a better experience.

By the way I also tried their Zkittles Maroc hash (18€/g) a few months back which was also pretty good quality. They offered 3 different types of filtered hashes if I remember right priced from 17€-18€/g. Nice to see that they expanded their hash menu and prices aren´t that bad (well still to high :lol: ). I will come here more often in the future.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

I'm glad you got to try these hashes marok and yes it's good to see good quality new school hash becoming more available in Amsterdam, I agree that they could be cheaper :roll: but hey ya still can't beat going into a coffeeshop looking at that big menu and finding a nice piece of sticky or filtered or paki or marocan 😍 gets me every time, its the fun of the hunt for that perfect smoke.. Ahhh.... 28 moer sleeps :mrgreen:
Burrups

Post by Burrups »

Marok21 wrote: Wed 19th Jan 2022 10:08 pm
By the way I also tried their Zkittles Maroc hash (18€/g)
In my top three hajs for this weekend. Menu below is from today.

67EF8F38-6A58-4D4C-91E3-CF3F1C1F8B9B.jpeg
67EF8F38-6A58-4D4C-91E3-CF3F1C1F8B9B.jpeg (97.39 KiB) Viewed 3545 times
Attachments
532BFB25-BE8C-4F68-9203-1654EEF2263C.jpeg
532BFB25-BE8C-4F68-9203-1654EEF2263C.jpeg (88.17 KiB) Viewed 3545 times