The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Plug (formerly Utopia)

I like The Plug
90%
I don't like The Plug
10%

Total votes: 269

Marok21

Re: The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Post by Marok21 »

DjShaggy wrote: Wed 21st Sep 2022 12:31 pm Some guy on reddit was trying to convince me that they aren't owned and operated by the same guy, like he's just allowing them to use the name and branding. I dunno I would be surprised If that's true but If they were all his places I'm sure the menus would be the same...

Who knows.
I also think that he owns the shops and not only allowing them to use the brand. While I have to say I only went to Coffeeshop Plug (formerly Utopia) on my last trip. I only saw a menu online from Plug (formerly Rusland) that was dated the same as when I was in town which had different hashes on offer. Maybe the menu was wrong dated and probably older but I will check that out next time on spot :D
Personally, I would welcome different menus. Sure has advantages and disadvantages but I hate monotony :D

WLow

Post by WLow »

I reckon menus are slightly different depending on the location, plug west been the cheapest? on some similar strains.
Another exemple, west loc had "Hugo" on the menu maybe for regulars to old hugo de groot.

It's pretty much the same, the big names are at all 3 locations.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

DjShaggy wrote: Wed 21st Sep 2022 12:31 pm
Marok21 wrote: Tue 20th Sep 2022 06:20 pm By the way it seems like the menus of the different "Plug" shops in town are different in terms of hash at least.
Some guy on reddit was trying to convince me that they aren't owned and operated by the same guy, like he's just allowing them to use the name and branding. I dunno I would be surprised If that's true but If they were all his places I'm sure the menus would be the same...

Who knows.
m8 of mine lives right next door to the Rusland location and ever since they took over I see Jack (Plug owner/founder) sitting out front on the terrace every time I've rode by without fail, so they're clearly uninformed or trying to perpetuate some weird tax dodging story they're running with
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

I went to both Utopia and Rusland Plugs recently and there were minor differences in the menus. IIRC the utopia location had one or two more/different strains.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

TANGERINE hash €13
Very nice filtered hash for this money ,dark green looking crumbles nicely,bubbles good and tastes great

Also tried APPLE FRITTER was OK not bad
SHERBERT flavour good not overly strong
KOSHER KUSH very nice example packs a good punch

RAINBOW BELTS , very good, strong weed,great flavour ,just what you would expect cali to be
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Plug Dated October 11, 2022. Kudos to Toking Tom.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Utopia/Menus/Utopia.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

bruh that 70 guilders for a gram of weed
i miss utopia so fucking much its unbelievable
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

RvanSteensel wrote: Sun 16th Oct 2022 09:52 am bruh that 70 guilders for a gram of weed
75 euros for a gram of hash, pretty special triple filter hash which isn't exactly cheap anywhere in the world.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Yes a lot of places have this sort of bubble hash atm ranging anywhere from €50 to €150 I know it takes a lot of weed to make a gram of this but the price just puts me off
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New Plug menu dated November 2, 2022. Thanks to Victor HGLD.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Utopia/Menus/Utopia.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

DjShaggy wrote: Sun 16th Oct 2022 08:38 pm
RvanSteensel wrote: Sun 16th Oct 2022 09:52 am bruh that 70 guilders for a gram of weed
75 euros for a gram of hash, pretty special triple filter hash which isn't exactly cheap anywhere in the world.
not where i live lol
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

Tokeing tom wrote: Mon 17th Oct 2022 08:53 am Yes a lot of places have this sort of bubble hash atm ranging anywhere from €50 to €150 I know it takes a lot of weed to make a gram of this but the price just puts me off
Paradox 12$ lol
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Sherbert Static hash (16€/g) - Very dark ultra sticky oily hash. When the budtender showed it to me it didn´t looked that sticky to me. The hash is nearly black from the outside and also darkish inside which isn´t a good sign with that kind of hash in my experience. It feels also like there is moisture in it left :? I didn´t like that consistency :?
It reminds me of for example the "Gorilla Glue Ice (marked with 89% THC :shock: :lol: )" I tried years back from Coffeeshop Relax which I wasn´t happy with, too.
While the hash bubbles good when touched by the flame. The smell isn't bad either better than most other hashes of that type that I had so far but I could still smell the moisture in it, too.
Strangely, the first bowl I smoked of it was damn tasty and had a good effect on me :shock: but the ones I smoked later tasted a bit weird to me and had only a very light effect on me.
I even tried that as my first smoke of the day to feel the real effects. I smoked it in the bong and it was unusually easy to smoke and gave me only a pretty light high that didn´t felt nice and didn´t tasted good to me :|

Well maybe its only me and I simply don´t like that kind of hashes or something is wrong with it. I remember once talking to a budtender from 1e Hulp who tried also the "Gorilla Glue Ice" from Coffeeshop Relax and he also said something is wrong with it. I would definitely not buy it again and I am quite disappointed :?
Burrups

Post by Burrups »

Marok21 wrote: Fri 11th Nov 2022 07:40 pm Sherbert Static hash (16€/g) - Very dark ultra sticky oily hash. When the budtender showed it to me it didn´t looked that sticky to me. The hash is nearly black from the outside and also darkish inside which isn´t a good sign with that kind of hash in my experience. It feels also like there is moisture in it left :? I didn´t like that consistency :?
It reminds me of for example the "Gorilla Glue Ice (marked with 89% THC :shock: :lol: )" I tried years back from Coffeeshop Relax which I wasn´t happy with, too.
While the hash bubbles good when touched by the flame. The smell isn't bad either better than most other hashes of that type that I had so far but I could still smell the moisture in it, too.
Strangely, the first bowl I smoked of it was damn tasty and had a good effect on me :shock: but the ones I smoked later tasted a bit weird to me and had only a very light effect on me.
I even tried that as my first smoke of the day to feel the real effects. I smoked it in the bong and it was unusually easy to smoke and gave me only a pretty light high that didn´t felt nice and didn´t tasted good to me :|

Well maybe its only me and I simply don´t like that kind of hashes or something is wrong with it. I remember once talking to a budtender from 1e Hulp who tried also the "Gorilla Glue Ice" from Coffeeshop Relax and he also said something is wrong with it. I would definitely not buy it again and I am quite disappointed :?
Now this is dedication. Thank you for your indepth dissection of very expensive yet deceptive hash, smoked at different times of the day and cross-referenced for accuracy. You should be paid by the Amsterdam tourist board to do this in my opinion.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Burrups wrote: Mon 14th Nov 2022 06:18 pm Now this is dedication. Thank you for your indepth dissection of very expensive yet deceptive hash, smoked at different times of the day and cross-referenced for accuracy. You should be paid by the Amsterdam tourist board to do this in my opinion.
Very good idea I could need that money :lol: I always try to smoke at least some joints, bowls before I write a review about a hash. Especially when I don´t like it but also when it´s outstanding I want to be 100% sure because I don´t want to give wrong feedback. But in the end there's no accounting for taste and it´s a personal thing :D

By the way I still had a bit of the Sherbert Static hash left and noticed that there isn´t as much moisture in it as before. The hash feels better to me now and isn´t so super sticky anymore :shock: well it´s still kind of sticky but less than before and as said before not as "wet" as it was a week ago or so and is more pleasant to smoke... Of course, this is also due to the storage, among other things, but it still seems strange to me. I had noticed similar things like this with a few dark sticky hashes that I had in the past. All that hashes were almost black not only on the outside but also on the inside and smelled kind of overpowered and not really natural. They also left an unusual amount of oil on the hands when working with it. This Sherbert Static hash smelled kind of natural to me first but after closer inspection (or smelling :lol: ) there is also a smell of haze in it that I also noticed with that bad black hashes that I had in the past.

Well, I'm not 100% sure on that but maybe something like terps were added to this kind of hashes or something went wrong with the producing or it is the manufacturing method itself... anyway, this kind of hashes seems strange to me :lol: