Rick's Cafe

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Rick's Cafe

I like Rick's Cafe
85%
I don't like Rick's Cafe
15%

Total votes: 52

HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Post by HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe »

their hash (i think it was carmello) was really good on my last visit in may 08.

Rambo_Skunk

rick's cafe

Post by Rambo_Skunk »

just got back from amsterdam march 2012 ,, i went into rick's because i didn't want to go into the bulldog and was disappointed by the standard of grass ,, i got a gram of the super skunk it was the worst bit of weed i got in holland,, the cafe seemed like it had had better days,, probably went down hill a bit with the smoking ban,,,if you go in here maybe stick to the hash
RvanSteensel

Re: rick's cafe

Post by RvanSteensel »

just dont buy anything there except drinks lol
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
spireax

Post by spireax »

RvanSteensel wrote:just dont buy anything there except drinks lol
worked that out after buying some dodgy purple haze years and years ago - still a nice spot though
Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

spireax wrote:
RvanSteensel wrote:just dont buy anything there except drinks lol
worked that out after buying some dodgy purple haze years and years ago - still a nice spot though
purple haze = purple outdoor weed grown in dutch sun
no wonder its crap lol
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Dave J

Re: Rick's Cafe

Post by Dave J »

Did they not buy the coffeeshop next door or something seeing as the original place remained a bar?. Only asking as I know there was a coffeeshop a door or 2 down but does that run as Ricks coffeeshop or is it just referred to as Ricks coffeeshop but is actually a different name?.
Balou

Post by Balou »

Dave J wrote:Did they not buy the coffeeshop next door or something seeing as the original place remained a bar?. Only asking as I know there was a coffeeshop a door or 2 down but does that run as Ricks coffeeshop or is it just referred to as Ricks coffeeshop but is actually a different name?.
There is Rick's Coffeeshop and Rick's Cafe is next door.
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
karmaqueen

Post by karmaqueen »

just come back from amsterdam and out of all the coffee shops i liked ricks the best ,, staff were lovely and friendly the waitress couldnt do enough for us and made us endless cups of tea,coffee with a friendly attitude and smile on her face. i also thought they had some lovely smoke in there the five ways haze was amazing as was the super silver haze. upstairs in the cafe there are cosy little seats at the front were you can look over the canal while you smoke your spliff and drink your coffee our favourite coffee shop our of them all spent a few hours each day there
A Leprechaun

Post by A Leprechaun »

karmaqueen wrote:just come back from amsterdam and out of all the coffee shops i liked ricks the best ,, staff were lovely and friendly the waitress couldnt do enough for us and made us endless cups of tea,coffee with a friendly attitude and smile on her face. i also thought they had some lovely smoke in there the five ways haze was amazing as was the super silver haze. upstairs in the cafe there are cosy little seats at the front were you can look over the canal while you smoke your spliff and drink your coffee our favourite coffee shop our of them all spent a few hours each day there

HA Ha Ha HA HA HA HA HA,what a waste,spam spam spam,
if you cant eat it drink it smoke it or snort it then feck it it mad sweeney
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Got a gram of morrocan hash from here during queensday week! 10 euro a gram & it blew me on my arse! the dealer is from edinburgh funny enough!!
Smokeybee21

Post by Smokeybee21 »

Really enjoyed the SSH from here on my first trip in 2013, but went to check this place out on the weekend to find it boarded up with builders working inside. Initially I thought that this meant the end of Rick's, but the coffeeshop sign is currently hung on the temporary boarding outside, which makes me think they may just be remodelling the shop and bar. Can anyone shed any light on this?
Next trip: September 2023 with the missus.
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Smokeybee21 wrote:Really enjoyed the SSH from here on my first trip in 2013, but went to check this place out on the weekend to find it boarded up with builders working inside. Initially I thought that this meant the end of Rick's, but the coffeeshop sign is currently hung on the temporary boarding outside, which makes me think they may just be remodelling the shop and bar. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Heard recently that the bar will open up again in 6 months (with new staff) after some thingy about the licence is sorted out! the coffeeshop is open like you already said.
Smokeybee21

Post by Smokeybee21 »

Good news =] cheers buddy
Next trip: September 2023 with the missus.
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Smokeybee21 wrote:Good news =] cheers buddy

No worries! upstairs was always a good view/seat :).
oldhabits

Post by oldhabits »

small unimpressive place only called in as everywhere was bunged and i was trying out some different hash. bud tender calling you as soon as you walk in :roll: bought a gram of supposed to be Nepal black worst hash i got and short of a gram - besides that the menu was crap wouldn't recommend.